Did the Frey deserve to be cooked into pies?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Eh, they were dead. Does it matter if they got baked into a pie? Surely its the death that is the big deal. Who cares what type of worms end up eating them.

Why does the fact that Robb had GWind's head matter? Why does the fact that Cat was threw naked in the river mattered? Why does Ned's bones matter? Why does Lady's dead body matter? Why Wendel's bones matter?

Why does the fact that Robb had GWind's head matter? Why does the fact that Cat was threw naked in the river mattered? Why does Ned's bones matter? Why does Lady's dead body matter? Why Wendel's bones matter?

I guess it all comes down to "They're the Freys, fuck em"

I'm not arguing which fate is worse. I'm arguing that any kind of desecration of corpses is disgusting behavior and frankly I find the eye for an eye attitude that Manderly had abhorrent.

So do I, but it's not as if westeros is suddenly going to embrace fair trials and rehabilitation for their vilest citizens. As a general rule the villains carry on being villains or die, there really is no middle ground. Though I would agree there is far too much excitement over character's deaths in general.

As for corpses, does it really matter? You are advocating a modern sensible approach to justice and fairness, one I agree with, but is it really so terrible to do anything to a person once they are dead? They are really past caring at that point, I don't see how it can rationally be seen as an abhorrent crime to damage some sacks of decaying meat and bone.

So do I, but it's not as if westeros is suddenly going to embrace fair trials and rehabilitation for their vilest citizens. As a general rule the villains carry on being villains or die, there really is no middle ground. Though I would agree there is far too much excitement over character's deaths in general.

Yes, I agree. Just like Theon raped and flayed and killed Jeyne Poole and personally tortured the Ironborn at Moat Cailin, and Jaime raped Pretty Pia and had Riverrun bloodily sacked and everybody inside fed to lions.

yes House Frey does not deserve to be around anymore because of that. it is not just the parent's choices, they made the choice too.

I agree. They were all complicit.

Many actively helped while others knew about it and allowed it to happen.

Anyone of them could have passed Robb or anyone a note and prevented it.

They all deserve the noose.

Breaking guest right is the most heinous crime in the Worldsteros, no punishment is too great.

That is what I am thinking. They were Freys so who cares?

Yeah, I know we're supposed to be all like 'It's morally wrong, it's way too cruel!!" But, seriously I fucking despise the Freys. The only (currently living) Freys I like are Perwyn, Roslin and Olyvar.

BTW, 12,000 posts and no av?

I agree. They were all complicit.

Many actively helped while others knew about it and allowed it to happen.

Anyone of them could have passed Robb or anyone a note and prevented it.

They all deserve the noose.

Breaking guest right is the most heinous crime in the Worldsteros, no punishment is too great.

Olyvar, Alesander and Perwyn did not know. Roslyn and many others may have been threatened with death. Unless you're a Frey, you can't generalize like this.

So I see. Joy Hill should be given to Ramsay to hunt.

I didn't say she should

I sure don't give any fucks about any Frey so what happens to them in the books will not matter to me add the Lannisters and Boltons to that list also. I don't care who murders them or whatever happens to the horrible monsters.

The logic here.

Manderly baked them into pies because it just gave him satisfaction to feed their own to his enemies. But it will be indispensable for him to let the Boltons and Freys know later. That will be right before he has them killed or else they will tell everybody that Manderly has broken a universal taboo.

The Freys have of course broken another universal taboo, the guest right. Apparently Manderly feels he cannot avenge his son appropriately unless he behaves just as monstrously as his killers. Maybe he doesn't even care if the Freys later accuse him of cannibalism because he either thinks no one will believe them or people at least in the North will feel he was justified.

The latter case is not so far-fetched. After all my mind was blown when I realized what was going on and it certainly gave me some satisfaction, even though cannibalism ist clearly wrong if you're not about to starve. I also hope Manderly will succeed with whatever he is planning. The posts here tell me I am not alone in this.

As always, George is toying with us here :D

As far as the three Freys themselves are concerned, what they got is death. We don't know whether it was quick or not.

I tend to take the view that in a society like Westeros killing someone may in some cases be the best thing you can do since there may be no one to turn to if you want justice and you do not wish to be harmed again. There is no justification for killing someone cruelly though. Everyone is so used to violence that it probably does not even have much of an effect as a means of deterrence. The serving in pies does not qualify as cruel killing though.

Archived