Watch, Watched, Watching: Are You Watching Closely?

Nox Irradiata

Some of us like to wait for things to air on TV. I know, shocking.

Oh I know. I didn't watch any of the GoT episodes. I've been watching them every Sunday night. Showtime posted the first episode on their YouTube page so that was fair game to me.

Watching Lost again on Netflix. The show has its flaws, but no one can convince me that it wasn't fantastic. For the most part, great cast, great character development, great atmosphere. Truly one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

The more I watch it though, the more I realize that there's a lot of filler. It would have been a much better show if the seasons were a concise 13 or so episodes instead of the elongated 20-something.

Did you catch that blog post by one of the writers on lost ( I think he was only involved in the first 2-3 seasons)? It's slightly long, but it makes for very good reading. I'm going to go back to that show at some point, probably after Mad Men is over.

Watching Lost again on Netflix. The show has its flaws, but no one can convince me that it wasn't fantastic. For the most part, great cast, great character development, great atmosphere. Truly one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

The more I watch it though, the more I realize that there's a lot of filler. It would have been a much better show if the seasons were a concise 13 or so episodes instead of the elongated 20-something.

Lost was my first binge watching event and it was so fun, I devoured the first 3 seasons(season 4 and after I watched live). The first 2 seasons are brilliant and I never minded how long they were either, one of my favorites shows too.

Watched Penny Dreadful. I loved it, as I expected to.

I'm currently re watching Cloud Atlas, which I adore.

Might start Downton Abbey soon, we'll see.

ETA: now watching Later with Jools Holland on iPlayer...lovely quiet evening tonight

Read the summary of season 1 Justified, and decided to jump ahead to season 2 since the main reason I'm interested is all the awesome reviews I've read about Mags Bennett. :D Watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 last night.

Read the summary of season 1 Justified, and decided to jump ahead to season 2 since the main reason I'm interested is all the awesome reviews I've read about Mags Bennett. :D Watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 last night.

Mags was great. :bowdown:

You're missing some good stuff by skipping season 1 though, especially Preacher Boyd.

Binge-watched all of Red Road season 1. Now blazing through season 2. Should be all caught up by tonight. Damn, this show is addictive!

Good show, right? ... It took me a little while to realize Julianne Nicholson is the same actress who played Esther Randolph in Boardwalk Empire

Archived