Star Wars Episode VII: The Fourth Awakens

Rhom

[url=http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/star-wars-episode-viii-shortlist-include-gina-rodriguez-tatiana-maslany-olivia-cooke/]Maslany still has a shot at a role.[/url]

I want so badly for her to snag this big of a platform. She's so amazing. Whatever this character is, it better give her to opportunity to play 50 different personalities.

It is possible to feature more than one woman in a motion picture.

Inconceivable! :lol:

Honestly though, it seems unlikely that Disney would drop Ridley after one movie, unless the character dies, which looks doubtful. I think it's more likely an indication that Finn and Rey part ways at some point, so whoever is case in the new role spends more time with Finn while Rey is off doing other things. - Think Han/Leia while Luke is off training on Dagobah in Empire.

ETA: http://makingstarwars.net/2015/09/three-women-up-for-roles-in-star-wars-episode-viii/Could be related to this (see below).

Possible/minor Episode VIII spoiler/speculation.

[spoiler]"We have heard rumors of a female villain being promised through marketing channels for Star Wars: Episode VIII. But it is hard to say how much validity that stuff has and if this is even relevant to those rumors."[/spoiler]

I'm thrilled she's on the short list an that we're getting a new Star Wars movie a year now.

But it's hard to avoid spoilers/speculation* for the movie coming out in two months when they're already casting the next one. It's a bit like reading a teaser for book two when you haven't bought book one yet.

"Teaser" is a bit strong.

Maybe a better analogy for this board would be Martin talking about how he's thinking of adding a twist to Spring that involves Jon Snow. Wait, what? Can I read Winter first? :)

*No, this isn't a call for spoiler tags. This news is everywhere.

Inconceivable! :lol:

Honestly though, it seems unlikely that Disney would drop Ridley after one movie, unless the character dies, which looks doubtful. I think it's more likely an indication that Finn and Rey part ways at some point, so whoever is case in the new role spends more time with Finn while Rey is off doing other things. - Think Han/Leia while Luke is off training on Dagobah in Empire.

ETA: http://makingstarwars.net/2015/09/three-women-up-for-roles-in-star-wars-episode-viii/Could be related to this (see below).

Possible/minor Episode VIII spoiler/speculation.

[spoiler]"We have heard rumors of a female villain being promised through marketing channels for Star Wars: Episode VIII. But it is hard to say how much validity that stuff has and if this is even relevant to those rumors."[/spoiler]

I would hope that's the case but my mind chose the pessimistic way and feared that Ridley's character will be killed. That way lies the Dark Side. :P  

She could be a love interest for Boyega, and Rey isn't.

If that's the case I hope they haven't created that character solely for the sake of having a love interest. Probably not but Padmé felt that way sometimes to me (she felt much less vital to the story than Leia did, especially in episode 3, which contained like 70% of the story of the prequel trilogy, and all she does is have Luke and Leia. IMO at least).

Interesting that they state she's a lead though. SW has always sticked with the same three leads for each trilogy (unless you count Qui-Gon as a lead).

Archived