True Detective Thread VII... or is it Thread I? Time is a circle

Howdyphillip

This show already has a 9.5 on IMDb. I mean, that's the same score Game of Thrones has. It's a score well-earned.

Given that HBO 's GoT is a steaming pile of dog shit I find no solace in this news.

I have a feeling it won't satisfy you as a rebuttal to Ligotti's Conspiracy and the Cohle dialogues it inspires, but you might get something out of This Inscrutable Light: A Response to Thomas Ligotti’s “The Conspiracy Against the Human Race”, by Brandon H. Bell.

Thanks.On the article:

Some of the complaints against Ligotti are sound (that is what happens when you're too careless with the whole "consciousness is an illusion" type argument) but the article had a smaller scope than it initially seemed. The final argument was definitely unsatisfying on some level.Perhaps Ligotti deserves it because of his extremely strong nihilism but it doesn't address the other stuff, the arguments at the root of it for me.

There seems to be a lot of True Detective interest here. I recently did a video interview with author/editor Joe Pulver, an expert on all things King in Yellow. Anyone interested in reading any King in Yellow or finding what it's all about may find this of interest. Enjoy!

http://www.arkhamdigest.com/2014/03/interview-joe-pulver-talks-king-in.html

Excellent! Thanks!

I am going through Chambers' work at the moment so this is of great interest.

Well, there goes half the appeal.

Looking at him in Banshee it's the ginger beard that makes the man and not the other way around. He should get it back and hope there's a ZZ top biopic in the works or something requiring beards. Maybe he could be in one of those pirate shows popping up all over the place?

Ginger should be in Vikings, if he's going to be in another show. That beard was made for pillaging!

Oh. most definitely. That knowledge will automatically make me enjoy Vikings less knowing it could be so much better.

Given that HBO 's GoT is a steaming pile of dog shit I find no solace in this news.

I disagree that it's a steaming pile of dogshit, just perhaps...not nearly as good as it could have been? :p

Certainly not deserving of a 9.5 tho, unlike TD.

Ginger should be in Vikings, if he's going to be in another show. That beard was made for pillaging!

Yes oh yes.

I disagree that it's a steaming pile of dogshit, just perhaps...not nearly as good as it could have been? :p

Certainly not deserving of a 9.5 tho, unlike TD.

Yeah TD is streets ahead. I won't derail the thread except to say that I really really hate GoT. I'm obviously biased and clearly can not be objective, but yeah.

Archived