Association Football LXXIII - someone got José'd

Alcibiades

Picking up on the thread regarding goal difference.... it seems to me that City having the extra game to score goals makes it very difficult. Realistically, I think City need to drop points for Liverpool to close the goal difference. But if City drop points, Liverpool won't need to win on goal difference, of course. Maybe if Liverpool beat palace by 4 or 5 they'll give themselves a chance, but it would still be difficult.

As someone said in the other topic, it's probably done on the goal difference front, but Newcastle are so pathetically bad that it honestly wouldn't shock me if you did catch up. Southampton could have scored double figures if Jay Rodriguez had his shooting boots on the other day, and Arsenal scored three without even bothering to try. If SaSaSaS get back in the mood in time, it could be a bloodletting.

Theoretically, Liverpool can still catch up on goal difference, but it would require Man City winning all three of their remaining matches by one goal margin and Liverpool stomping Crystal Palace and Newcastle by 6 goals on average.

After last night's match, I can see Liverpool scoring 6+ goals on Newcastle, but it's almost impossible they'll do that to Crystal Palace.

And City winning next three games 1-0 (or 2-1 etc.) is even more unlikely.

Liverpool needs City to drop points to win the league.

EDIT:

@Alex:

Don't worry, even if you get some punishment, it will be revoked before it has any effect.

If you don't believe me, see under "Barcelona" ;)

Ha! City aren't wildly corrupt from top to bottom like Barca allegedly are though.

We will pay the price for our honesty and move on, like grown ups.

ETA: a thing on the danger of hubris for City and how Liverpool are going to get patronised to death if they finish second

http://sabotagetimes.com/football/liverpool-loss-was-hilarious-but-man-city-must-be-wary-of-hubris

I hope Chelsea get fucked up by all their opponents til the end of the season ;)

And I don't want to be greedy, I'd be happy with City getting fucked up by any one of their opponents in the remaining part of the season :)

Tottenham fans - how do you feel about Frank de Boer as manager?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27205254

I'm worried by reports of slow tempo possession football with a high defensive line. That's what got AVB in trouble in the PL. And he obviously can't keep his mouth shut (so what's new for a Spurs manager?). And he'll be off to Barca if he's successful.

On the other hand, 4 titles in a row is impressive, even in the Dutch league, and he has experience of bringing through youth players. So i'll keep an open mind.

Archived