Association Football LXXIII - someone got José'd

Alcibiades

I can't remember last time I saw a team get spanked in Champions' League semifinal match as Bayern was last night.

The best part of it was half-time statistics that said Bayern had 63% possession :lmao:

And Bayern fans thinking Bundesliga title, German cup final (at least, that trophy is still up for grabs) and Champions' League semifinal to be a failed season :bang: make it all the more easy to enjoy their current distress :devil:

No matter who wins tonight, the final will be between two counterattacking teams. Games like that can be turgid and dull, but they can also be exciting - it depends whether there's an early goal, and on the specific tactical instructions. I think an Atletico - Real final is more likely to be exciting simply because the players will be much more fired up, but it could still be rather frustrating to watch, two teams defending in numbers, each trying to tempt the other to come forward. We'll see.

No matter who wins tonight, the final will be between two counterattacking teams. Games like that can be turgid and dull, but they can also be exciting - it depends whether there's an early goal, and on the specific tactical instructions. I think an Atletico - Real final is more likely to be exciting simply because the players will be much more fired up, but it could still be rather frustrating to watch, two teams defending in numbers, each trying to tempt the other to come forward. We'll see.

It'll be significantly worse with Chelsea. I'm really hoping for an Atletico/Real final. I want Chelsea to win nothing this season.

I want Chelsea to win nothing this season.

The feeling is mutual. Though one of us has gotten more satisfaction on this score than the other I suppose.

As for a Chelsea final: I'm kinda sad that we got Atletico cause I don't want Real to win but there's nothing more glorious than seeing Chelsea hate ramp up with every tier we rise.

The feeling is mutual. Though one of us has gotten more satisfaction on this score than the other I suppose.

Not sure either of us has gotten any satisfaction yet. Arsenal are in FA Cup finals and Chelsea are at home in the 2nd leg of a tie that they can win in the Semis of CL. We might both be disappointed and yet very happy at the same time.

Not sure either of us has gotten any satisfaction yet. Arsenal are in FA Cup finals and Chelsea are at home in the 2nd leg of a tie that they can win in the Semis of CL. We might both be disappointed and yet very happy at the same time.

This season.

Archived