Angalin

Board Issues 4

1,297 posts in this topic

That the message regarding ad blockers shows up is intended. However, it should not be showing up if you have whitelisted the site as the first poster reported. If you haven't whitelisted the site, then it will show up.

Posted (edited)

I uninstalled my adblocker, cleared all cookies and such and am still seeing the popup. Something is definitely off. 

ETA: Tried loading the site on two other browsers, Firefox and IE (neither of which have any ad block software installed). Got the same pop-up on Firefox but nothing on Internet Explorer. It's a weird day when IE is the browser without problems. :P 

Edited by KiDisaster

Yeah, I've whitelisted the domain on Adblock, have the little green thumb, but still getting the pop-up.

Don't know how or if you're allowed to do photos here, but have a screen cap.

Don't know about other browsers but if you are using Firefox then I suggest you download the add-on called NoScript. Mark sovrnlabs.net as untrusted in NoScript and that popup will no longer bug you.

I am unable to access anything under the Activity tab. I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2S100/2

I tried signing out and back in, same problem. I can still browse, but can't use anything like 'unread content.'

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I am unable to access anything under the Activity tab. I get:

I tried signing out and back in, same problem. I can still browse, but can't use anything like 'unread content.'

I was just coming here to say the same type of thing is happening to me as well. However, I am getting that message when I try to look at the 'online users' list.

Edited by The Fattest Leech

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I was just coming here to say the same type of thing is happening to me as well. However, I am getting that message when I try to look at the 'online users' list.

Just checked and I can't do that either.

The search function has also disappeared!

2 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

The search function has also disappeared!

I hadn't even noticed, but given how weak it was, you're better off getting google to search the site for you anyway.

On 2017-5-19 at 9:26 PM, Mmerek Hamšzulíe said:

Yeah, I've whitelisted the domain on Adblock, have the little green thumb, but still getting the pop-up.

Don't know how or if you're allowed to do photos here, but have a screen cap.

I have the same problem still and it's really quite annoying. I have tried with Opera (Adblock) and Firefox (ABP) and have whitelisted entire domain/site to no avail. 

We're moved onto the new machine in preparation for the season.  I will probably be tuning and tweaking things over the next few days, so bear with me and call out to me or Ran here if things break. :)

Still having issues with trying to post in some threads (several, but not all of the ones I tried today). I had cleared my cache, then couldn't get the site to come up for two days. Now I'm back at square one.

Here's a screenshot of what I keep getting when I click in the little box to write a post...

This also happens in some threads when I quote another post. I get that little bit of code, the quote, and that bit of code again, and can't do anything! It usually freezes the page so closing the tab is my only option. But on the up side, I can actually get those tabs to close without closing Chrome altogether.

I also sometimes get this (screenshot) when I go to post. If I just delete it, everything is fine. If I click on "Clear editor" I get that "span data" thing, and am stuck. As of a few minutes ago I'm getting the "span data" thing when copying and pasting, but am able to delete it then.

Windows 7, on my Acer laptop, Google Chrome.

@Lady Blizzardborn,

The recent update should have fixed that. Please try clearing your caches again, close your browser, then reopen and visit the site. The issues were entirely related to the fact that a previous update accidentally failed a couple of file transfers, but we corrected that.

I'm trying to reply to a PM but when I hit "submit reply" I keep getting a msg saying something about submitting replies within too short a time frame or something. But I'm getting that since the very first time I tried. 

This is the msg:

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 9 seconds before submitting.

I'm trying to reply to a PM but when I hit "submit reply" I keep getting a msg saying something about submitting replies within too short a time frame or something. But I'm getting that since the very first time I tried. Ooops, I'm getting the same msg here.

This is the msg:

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 9 seconds before submitting.

I'm trying to reply to a PM but when I hit "submit reply" I keep getting a msg saying something about submitting replies within too short a time frame or something. But I'm getting that since the very first time I tried.

Ooops, I'm getting the same msg here.

This is the msg:

Sorry, the posts are going through despite the msg I'm getting. 

Not the end of the world or anything, but I've noticed that the site has been very very slow to load new pages recently. It doesn't fail, but it does take 10 times longer than any other site I visit.