Board Issues 4

Angalin

29 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

@Ran, not sure how to do that on the tablet... :dunce:

Under settings, scroll down to apps and select your internet browser (whatever that happens to be, Safari, Chrome, etc). Should see an option to clear history and website data

17 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Under settings, scroll down to apps and select your internet browser (whatever that happens to be, Safari, Chrome, etc). Should see an option to clear history and website data

Done! :cheers:

Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it, but is there a reason why the notifications aren't working now (at least for me)? I'm not getting them when someone quotes me and when I'm just sitting in a thread. 

Notifications were turned off because of the amount of load they add during the show. They'll be put back on once traffic calms down.

Not sure why you're being logged our, Corvinus. My one suggestion would be to log out on all devices, clear cache, and then start logging in. It may be there's some sort of interaction going on between the cookies.

• 1 month later...

There is banner ad popping up occasionally today that complete nullifies any ability to use the site. It completely takes over the scrolling and any attempt to scroll away from it fails. Of course as I type this it hasn't happened again but all day today its been impossible to do anything when that ad comes up, its some video ad that's tiny too so I can't figure out what its for. If it pops up again I'll see if I can take a screenshot but the way my life goes it was probably just fixed as I type this.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

There is banner ad popping up occasionally today that complete nullifies any ability to use the site. It completely takes over the scrolling and any attempt to scroll away from it fails. Of course as I type this it hasn't happened again but all day today its been impossible to do anything when that ad comes up, its some video ad that's tiny too so I can't figure out what its for. If it pops up again I'll see if I can take a screenshot but the way my life goes it was probably just fixed as I type this.

Yeah, the same thing was happening to me early today, making you scroll to the up of the page but stop after a few refreshes. Can't say what ad it was tho, sorry.

• 2 months later...

I have no idea why this is happening but... now when I quote from the books, all the italics are gone once I paste the text. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I only noticed this a few weeks back and thought it was some weird glitch, but now I just quoted from Clash and the same thing happened... 

@Ran, yes, copying from e-books that are on the tablet. The same e-books I've had for years. And yes, it used to work perfectly. It's really weird...

And I may be wrong about this, but I think this is happening to others as well. I seem to remember seeing quotes by others where the italics were missing. 

An example of something I just quoted, from ADwD, Jaime:

“He posted sentries to see that no one left the confines of the village. He sent out scouts as well, to make certain no enemy took them unawares. It was near midnight when two came riding back with a woman they had taken captive. “She rode up bold as you please, m’lord, demanding words with you.”
Jaime scrambled to his feet. “My lady. I had not thought to see you again so soon.” Gods be good, she looks ten years older than when I saw her last. And what’s happened to her face? “That bandage … you’ve been wounded …”
“A bite.” She touched the hilt of her sword, the sword that he had given her. Oathkeeper. “My lord, you gave me a quest.”
“The girl. Have you found her?”
“I have,” said Brienne, Maid of Tarth.
“Where is she?”
“A day’s ride. I can take you to her, ser … but you will need to come alone. Elsewise, the Hound will kill her.”

What's in bold should really be in italics... :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ygrain said:

McAfee Security Scan. Dunno if it's any good, I'm not very PC-savvy.

More than likely, it is just a false positive. McAfee's online threat intelligence shows the site is safe. This site checker uses McAfee's SiteAdvisor API and shows that no Firewall is detected - this is probably what's causing the false positive.