Football LXXX: Transfers, preseason & ongoing seasons

Mexal

He stated in a recent interview (paraphrasing) that even if the Utd move fell through he'd be happy at Juventus, so I guess there has at the very least been talks.

There has. I think there was talks around the time they were working on the Evra transfer. Di Mazio is saying there hasn't been any talks in weeks though.

Borini and Suso are both starting in the front three for Liverpool against Brondby. It'll be good to see how they do, I think a decision on what's happening with Suso in particular needs to be made pretty soon.

Allegri is so shit. I almost feel bad for Juve fans after this turn of events

What did shit ever do to you to be compared to the likes of Max Allegri?!

As a Serie A fan it is a little bittersweet. We will likely see a new champion in Roma or Napoli now. It should make for a great season. On the other hand, any chance (little as it was before) of a Serie A team going deep in the CL is pretty much shot to hell now.

I think all this Newcastle transfer activity, all of which involves what seem to be very solid, promising players, just highlights how fucking stupid hiring Joe fucking Kinnear and giving him the say over Graham Carr was in the first place.

I think they possibly still need a striker though.

According to Sky, Riviere has passed a medical at Newcastle ahead of a £6m move. The club is also expected to announce the signing of Janmaat soon. West Ham have agreed a fee of around £15m for Enner Valencia.

I'm happy Valencia is going to end up in the PL. He was fun to watch at the WC.

What did shit ever do to you to be compared to the likes of Max Allegri?!

As a Serie A fan it is a little bittersweet. We will likely see a new champion in Roma or Napoli now. It should make for a great season. On the other hand, any chance (little as it was before) of a Serie A team going deep in the CL is pretty much shot to hell now.

Juve lost Itubre to Roma now too! If they don't do something soon they'll be lucky to make the Europa league never mind win a 4th title in a row.

Kroosto Madrid official. Wonder if Bayern will go after a replacement (not that they need it) also wonder if this sets up Khediras exit.

I expect we'll see some movement on the Khedira situation within a few days. Looks like the ball is in the player's court, though I can't see the Chelsea stories as anything else but an attempt by Khedira's agent to force Arsenal's hand re the huge salary demands. I mean, he's got the choice of coming to Arsenal to play beautiful football with his WC winning team mates, BFF Mezuit Ozil included, or he can go to Stamford Bridge to play cuntish football with a load of cunts. :leer:

Pretty sure he'll come to Arsenal.

Also wonder if this sets up Khediras exit.

One can hope. This has been a refreshingly positive transfer window for Arsenal (no key players leaving, unless you count Sagna) with Sanchez (and apparently Debuchy) being added, but I'm still a little concerned about the defensive cover in midfield.

Khedira isn't exactly that but he would still help, especially if it means he and Ramsey could alternate on defensive midfield duties. Or it could be that Arsene intends to play Flamini reasonably regularly. I assume it must be one of those two ideas as we haven't been linked with a defensive midfielder for a while, the Schneiderlin and Bender rumours appear to have died down.

One can hope. This has been a refreshingly positive transfer window for Arsenal (no key players leaving, unless you count Sagna) with Sanchez (and apparently Debuchy) being added, but I'm still a little concerned about the defensive cover in midfield.

It wouldn't mind seeing Vermaelen have a crack at DM. His lack of discipline can be a bit of a liability when he's playing CB, but he's got all the attributes required to become a top-class midfield destroyer.

Archived