Football LXXX: Transfers, preseason & ongoing seasons

Mexal

I don't understand why Swansea are sending Michu on loan. I know he missed a lot of last season but he still seems like a highly valuable player who they would prefer to have available or else receive a transfer fee now. Rafa Benitez might rival Roberto Martinez as beneficiary in chief of the loan market.

And Blackpool might be the recipients of this year's Gillette & Hicks award for financial malfeasance destroying a football club. Harry Redknapp was heard muttering "always a bridesmaid...." as the news broke.

Liverpool agree to send Borini to Sunderland permanently. Apparently up to 14m. Means were definitely gonna be buying another striker.

Means we have up to £150 million to spend in this transfer window.Let us pray to the gods of wise spending.

Means we have up to £150 million to spend in this transfer window.Let us pray to the gods of wise spending.

Seems we really want to get Alberto Moreno which I think would be an excellent buy. Very promising fullback. Need to strengthen our D

Felipe Luis to Chelsea is official as well.

Best of luck to Fabio Borini if that's the case. He seems to have a great attitude and he earned a lot of respect at Sunderland last year in difficult circumstances. He could have been a 4th choice striker for us with potential to develop further, but I'm very happy to see us get our money back on him and look for a significantly better striker.

With Moses and Cissokho leaving after loans, Kolo Toure apparently free to leave, Aspas gone on loan with a view to sale and Luis Alberto gone on loan to develop, Assaidi being sold and now Borini being sold, I am very glad that the club is facing up to some poor transfers in recent years and taking action rather than stumble on with lots of deadwood. That kind of ruthlessness has been lacking in the past.

It's scary to think how thin our squad was last season. It's a miracle we were anywhere close to the title.

I'm quite satisfied with the borini deal, £14m is a decent amount to have coming in at this point

According to some sites, it looks like the arrival of James at madrid could lead to isco becoming available. He's a very talented guy & I'm sure the epl's "big 4" are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

Archived