Football XXXXXXXXX: Sad American Boarders Edition

Nas!

I realize my comment could be interpreted negatively. Just want to say I wish him all the best. While I do have (and did have) issues with his management, he was overall a very good manager for Everton for 11 years. Hope he'll succeed!

(oh, and turn properly ginger in the process....)

MLS playoffs update: 0-0 draw at Seattle means Seattle go through on away goals (from the 1-1 draw at Dallas). Conference finals are now set, and will again have home and away legs. TV coverage is split across networks and also streamable live through their apps. Details as follows:

Eastern Conference Championship

Sunday 11/23 1:30pm ET - New York vs New England | NBC / Live Extra

Saturday 11/29 3:00pm ET - New England vs New York | NBC Sports / Live Extra

Western Conference Championship

Sunday 11/23 5:00pm ET - LA vs Seattle | ESPN / WatchESPN

Sunday 11/30 9:00pm ET - Seattle vs LA | ESPN / WatchESPN

More British managers need to go abroad. It did wonders for Steve McLaren, although he did balls it up a bit by then jumping ship to Wolfsburg too quickly.

Good luck to Moyes. I'm a bit worried that his reputation for building good teams on a budget will struggle on the massively smaller budget that's surely going to be available at Sociedad. That'll make a difference especially in luring players from abroad the way he was able to do excellently at Everton, he ain't gonna have near the wages available to offer. Hope it goes well for him, though.

That oke Denzeil Boadu looks the business. Top class work by Arsenal.

Yeah man, Boadu is so sharp. Been well impressed every time I've seen him play. Arsenal shouldn't have let him go.

ETA: Though i'm not aware of the exact circumstances why he left them so I'll not speculate

One of my favourite football sites, These Football Times, are starting up a 10 part feature called World of Ultras next Monday and it looks like it will be great. Not sure I've seen anything like this before and am really excited about learning more about these particular groups.

Yeah, in a few weeks. Think the articles will be aimed more at finding out about the history of the groups rather than persecuting them if that makes sense. Looking forward to the Legia Warsaw and Marseille ones as well. (ETA: Amongst all the others!)

It's not persecuting them that I'm worried about.

I have more of an issue with them being glorified for all the crap they pull.

We're not talking about fans supporting their team here.

We're talking about criminals who bully their players, sell drugs, extort money and who knows what else.

Let's wait and see, but I'm pretty sure Red Star ultras will not let an opportunity to show off their douchebaggery go to waste.

Just to point out, I'd say the same about Partizan ultras since they're all cut from the same cloth.

After all, there have been cases of ultras' leaders switching teams.

Good luck to him in Spain I say. Was thrown in over his head at United and received shocking treatment from some senior players there (all of whom are now gone, thankfully). Definitely deserves a fresh start somewhere. Hopefully he'll do very well. San Sebastien is an incredible place as well which is a bonus. In every single way it beats what he could have done, which is wait around for a Premier League club to open up, rock up in Stoke/Crystal Palace etc, be pored over and skewered by a cunty media and never been allowed to rebuild his reputation. Shout out to the Moyesiah for taking a risk like this

ETA: I mean, come on, fuck yes look at that!

I'd been considering San Sebastian as a holiday destination for 2015 actually.

That does look great, and apparently the city itself lends itself well to sightseeing.

I'm definitely bookmarking this. I'm particularly looking forward to the Gala one. I'm a bit disappointed that there's no Italian ultras, would have loved to know more about them.

There's some on Italian ultras at these links

I'd been considering San Sebastian as a holiday destination for 2015 actually.

That does look great, and apparently the city itself lends itself well to sightseeing.

It truly is very beautiful. The food is outstanding as well.

Archived