Fear the Walking Dead: Our hopes and dreams for the Series. (Now Spoiler Friendly).

Alia of the knife

Do you guys think it's more interesting to go back to the beginning of the outbreak with this show or would you have preferred it to be in medias res?

Because for me a large part of why I just didn't care about this episode was the fact that I really didn't want to go back and watch people learn how to kill walkers again and stumble around acting stupidly while they learn to survive in this new world, we've seen that already.

I really would have preferred for this show to run concurrently with the regular show, preferably with different communities already in existence and operating.

It might just be me though. I just don't want to go through all this shit again especially since I'm not much of a fan of the original show.

Do you guys think it's more interesting to go back to the beginning of the outbreak with this show or would you have preferred it to be in medias res?

Because for me a large part of why I just didn't care about this episode was the fact that I really didn't want to go back and watch people learn how to kill walkers again and stumble around acting stupidly while they learn to survive in this new world, we've seen that already.

I really would have preferred for this show to run concurrently with the regular show, preferably with different communities already in existence and operating.

It might just be me though. I just don't want to go through all this shit again especially since I'm not much of a fan of the original show.

Yeah, but at the same time, if it's just another community of survivors, won't it just be the same story? There will be another Rick, another Shane, some people doing horrible things, others just trying to survive and retain their humanity etc.

Yes, you get a repeat on people learning about walkers, but you also get to see society as we know it break down piece by piece. I would like to see added to this show perspectives from a doctor (like the CDC guy from Atlanta), and a government official.

Yeah I guess. I think I selfishly just wanted this show to fix the other one, because I hate what they've done to the source material so much. I wanted this show to just be balls to the wall crazy even though I knew it wasn't going to be that. I really thought this show should have started with the scene with the cops on the freeway trying to down that guy and him just continuing to come until they finally hit him with the headshot. That was wasted by being just a cell phone video, because it would have made for a really compelling and intense cold open.

My actual hope for FTWD is that it is just a 6 episode anthology that acts as a companion piece to the main show. It'd be cool if the next season of FTWD took place in a different city (or even country) a little further into the ZA with a whole new cast of characters, maybe set during a snowy winter so we could get a different aesthetic for the show.

I thought it was pretty good. Not sure about the logic of the zombie virus though. If it's already everywhere and once you die, you turn, then the morgues and hospitals should be overran already. If only a couple ones have it so far, how does it spread? 

The family drama was decent enough. I hope they do take it slow, allowing the true horror of this supernatural situation gradually unfold on ordinary people. That could make for some pretty great drama if the writing and acting is tight enough.

I was gripped by the anticipation of it all. Can't say that I like any of the characters, though.

The wife looks like a young version of the lady Senator who ruled Alexandria until Rick showed up. Too hard of face and mannerisms, and not very appealing or sympathetic.

The son looks like Edward Scissorhands.

The dad looks like Kumar has escaped from Guantamo bay, ditched Harold and aged a decade or so but remained just as goofy.

And the daughter is hot, but irritating in the extreme with her constant teenage moodiness.

Other than that it was a nice foundation for what will hopefully be a good series.

I disliked the fact that our heroes only found out about the outbreak along with all the millions of other citizens by seeing the clip of the first zombie on the news. The story was gearing up for the son's drug habit giving our family a heads up by revealing an early zombie in the drug den before the masses cotton on to whats going on. Thereby the hope was that they could clear out to a safer zone and stock up on some guns, ammo and supplies to ride things out.

Alas, it seems they are instead going the route of our guys just being caught in the middle of it all, which really should mean that they all die, given the low survival rate of less than 1%. This can still be salvaged by them acting fast now that the dead drug dealer has revived in front of their eyes, but I suspect half of the plot of the next few episodes will focus on them just trying to find all their family members, including the dad's estranged son who we only saw on the phone up to now.

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.

I feel bad for moody teenagers. Every time someone tries to depict them in movies or TV, everybody is like "OMG fuck off moody teenagers!"

I don't know about anyone else here, but I was a moody teenager, and a lot of my friends were too. It's a real thing that happens for most people, and any time someone tries to touch on it I feel it gets unfairly criticized. Particularly when you take into account most of the people criticizing it went through that same faze.

I was gripped by the anticipation of it all. Can't say that I like any of the characters, though.

The wife looks like a young version of the lady Senator who ruled Alexandria until Rick showed up. Too hard of face and mannerisms, and not very appealing or sympathetic.

Hey! That's Kim Dickens!

Well, it didn't suck. It was slow, but I was expecting that and it really didn't drag too much.

The kids were a pain, but it seemed not to be out of bounds within the framework of the family they are a part of. I would expect some moodiness and dissatisfied behavior when you are just starting to blend a family like that. Especially when one of the kids is a drug addict.

Others have pointed out that they don't want to see a new group of people learn Zombie Apocalypse Survival Training 101 again, but I think I'm going to be ok with that. As long as we see progress towards actually learning to survive that is.

All in all, I'm willing to see what this season brings.

Do we actually know the nature of "bath salts?"

I mean what kind of drug is it?

Is that what he was on? Why did I think heorin?

Bath salts are a really nasty new type of drug that can pretty much screw you over the first time you use it. They can cause massive hallucinations, psychotic breaks, and very violent behavior. It's horrible stuff that's marketed under many names. You can actually buy it over the counter because the chemical components change so quickly, the laws can't keep up with them.

Noooo, no.

The character was on heroin, but bath salts was briefly mentioned on TD.

Chris was referencing the HORRIFYING case of the face eater I think in Florida.

The cops shot him, but he still kept coming.

I researched the story but will not post any links because it's so awful. The victim seems to be doing well, and thankfully there are more good people than bad, and he is getting assistance.

Is that what he was on? Why did I think heorin?

Bath salts are a really nasty new type of drug that can pretty much screw you over the first time you use it. They can cause massive hallucinations, psychotic breaks, and very violent behavior. It's horrible stuff that's marketed under many names. You can actually buy it over the counter because the chemical components change so quickly, the laws can't keep up with them.

What is crazy and frightening is when they supposedly did a toxicology report on the attacker, they did not find anything in his system other than MJ.

Edit: Soooo, what's in this stuff, are We talking Drano and Sudafed?

Archived