Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

5 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

Wow... A lineup of dark and brooding Superheroes... Regardless of whether their characters are supposed to be dark and brooding or not. Zach Snyder... You astound me with your general ignorance of DC characters.

Wasn't getting that vibe at all while watching the special and seeing the actors talk about their characters. 

I do think each will have their issues, like in the comics. Aquaman is torn between atlantis and the mainland, Wonder woman between her land and protecting normal humans, Cyborg fighting again becoming totally a machine, Batman is the brood machine, Superman trying to make up for everything (even if it was not his fault and it was his first fight), Flash trying to get over his mom's death and dad being in jail, etc. 

But i don't think it will all be brooding. The clips from Wonder Woman showed a different tone in the parts where she is on the main land, one i really liked.

But i know you hate Snyder so no matter what, you'll continue with the "they all brood" stuff, even if they do the same in the comics. (yes, even superman and his lost planet and people).

2 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

But i know you hate Snyder so no matter what, you'll continue with the "they all brood" stuff, even if they do the same in the comics. (yes, even superman and his lost planet and people).

Brooding is among the very last words I would ever use to describe Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman in the comics. Dark and sullen wouldn't be there either, but Zach Snyder certainly made Superman appear that way in his first movie.

Oh, and the fight in MoS was totally Superman's fault. He didn't even offer up a suggestion to start teraforming another planet instead of getting in a fight to the death with indestructible people.  

5 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

Brooding is among the very last words I would ever use to describe Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman in the comics. Dark and sullen wouldn't be there either, but Zach Snyder certainly made Superman appear that way in his first movie.

Oh, and the fight in MoS was totally Superman's fault. He didn't even offer up a suggestion to start teraforming another planet instead of getting in a fight to the death with indestructible people.  

I think Aquaman has had his dark and sullen moments - especially when he was beardy and handless.

Zod was probably just in a pissy mood because terraforming Mars would have been a lot easier for him too. Maybe he knows about the white martians? Actually, that could have been a fun way of bringing them into play.

Would have made for a strange ending where loads of people would have complained about the lack of a fight. Unless that was an alternative to neck-snap at the end.

10 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

Aquaman is almost always pissed off in the comics, that's a fact. Bearded or not, one handed or not, Aquaman is usually a dick to most people (in the past 15 years anyways). Superman's internal monologue always mention his planet and being the last survivor, so yes he does have a darker side. Not as dark as the movies obviously, and i truly think that will change starting now, he will be the more hopeful one. it's his story arc, he knows who he wants to be now.

And Man of Steel wouldn't have a story if no villain wanted to attack earth. Why even make a movie? Why write a comic (since that happens in every comic arc) ? Why bother liking superheroes? What's the point anymore? Avengers didn't try to tell Loki to conquer another planet. If every superhero movie or comic ended with the villain peacefully leaving earth, the comic industry would have died within 5 years of creation.

Listen, Man of Steel was a pretty bad movie, and the neck snap was a shocker, but they are trying to build a universe where a character did something wrong and actually learns from it. I have no problems with that if it's done right from here on out.

41 minutes ago, Relic said:

God, Cavill is SOOO bad. The "TV Spot #3".... dude needs to take some acting classes. 

I actually think he was very good in The Man from Uncle, so I don't think he needs acting classes. Superman is a bit of a stilted role anyway. I've never had a problem with him in the role at all.

I think this movie will be a bit of a flop however, the hype on the net at the moment is mostly rather negative from what I've seen and MoS seems to have been disliked by many, although not by me.

Hmm.....I quite liked MoS, and I'm still looking forward to BvS. But Batman kinda lost me there with "if there's even a 1% chance of him being our enemy he must be destroyed".......OK. How many people on the planet have a 1% chance of being evil? Shall we kill them just in case? It's a shame, cos it looked like they were introducing Batman through the criticism of MoS and having him voice everyone's concern about the destruction in Metropolis. I don't mind Cavill, but every trailer so far has him doing his "I don't like you Batman" look, which looks more like he ate some bad fish and he's about to puke. I'm sure they're playing up the friction between them and there won't be quite so much brooding over how much they hate each other in the film.

Hopefully it'll be fleshed out more in the movie, but I'm not really seeing the difference between their points of view at the moment. They both appear to believe they should be allowed to operate unchecked, but not the other.

31 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Hmm.....I quite liked MoS, and I'm still looking forward to BvS. But Batman kinda lost me there with "if there's even a 1% chance of him being our enemy he must be destroyed".......OK. How many people on the planet have a 1% chance of being evil? Shall we kill them just in case?

I don't think you're really supposed to agree with Batman there, but his point is that Superman's so great a potential threat that they can't wait for him to actually be threatening. Most people on the planet couldn't destroy Earth single-handed. 

Right. The issue is that if there's a 1% chance that he can wipe out the planet, you can't sit around and take that risk. Which makes sense coming from him and in general. It's not about whether he will commit any wrongdoing as much as it is the potential harm if he does. 

It's a fair reason to come up with a way of de-powering him or coming up with a defence against him, but 'destroy'? By which I assume he means kill? What about world leaders who could spark nuclear war, what does Batman think about that danger/chance of evil ratio? Less than 1%? More? The real 'planet destroying' activity was Zod, I can't see what Superman could do to wipe out the whole planet. It's just not very Batman.....sorry, you haven't technically done anything to deserve death but I'm gonna have to kill you anyway. 

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

It's a fair reason to come up with a way of de-powering him or coming up with a defence against him, but 'destroy'? By which I assume he means kill? What about world leaders who could spark nuclear war, what does Batman think about that danger/chance of evil ratio? Less than 1%? More? The real 'planet destroying' activity was Zod, I can't see what Superman could do to wipe out the whole planet. It's just not very Batman.....sorry, you haven't technically done anything to deserve death but I'm gonna have to kill you anyway. 

They are going to play up the "pain" Bruce feels over the destruction of Wayne Tower in Metropolis. He'll probably say he feels his employees are like his kids, and he had to watch them die in a reverse origins story type scenario. That's how they'll explain his irrational desire to see Superman "destroyed"...until a larger threat arises and they unite blah blah blah begrudging bros. 

So I couldn't get my computer to cooperate and type after I put that image in there...

But its a still from a new teaser trailer.  It obviously happens during Bruce's hallucination of a destructive future and displays Darkseid's Omega symbol on the ground.  More confirmation that there is a bigger threat looming on the horizon of this movie.

I hope there's not much more than this in the movie, because it really will be trying to do too much if it insists on Bats vs Supes, Bats/Supes/WW vs Doomsday, and shoehorn in Darkseid somehow.

Archived