Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I honestly have no idea what to expect at this point. It seemed like Sansa was hip to LF's game at the end of season 4. But all throughout season 5 it's like she forgot everything! I don't understand!

I completely agree. I had hope for Sansa and her smarts at the 4/5 turnover. I was actually excited to see her wits come in to play and Sophie could have handled it beautifully. 

This has crossed any literary sense and just went full-On bad Fan fiction. 

I just went to the WOTHW website to read the article in full and I now see how the Double D's won any awards for season 5. So many of the comments say things like "as long as we have a giant I don't care what happens," and "as long as Jon is alive I don't care what happens."  

I don't mean this to sound "book snobby" but come on, atleast give a shit for reasonable story telling and respect to the intended story. 

I completely agree. I had hope for Sansa and her smarts at the 4/5 turnover. I was actually excited to see her wits come in to play and Sophie could have handled it beautifully. 

This has crossed any literary sense and just went full-On bad Fan fiction. 

I just went to the WOTHW website to read the article in full and I now see how the Double D's won any awards for season 5. So many of the comments say things like "as long as we have a giant I don't care what happens," and "as long as Jon is alive I don't care what happens."  

I don't mean this to sound "book snobby" but come on, atleast give a shit for reasonable story telling and respect to the intended story. 

It's become abundantly clear that there's a segment of the fans that just want to see cool stuff and don't really care for logic or narrative consistency.

No, you are not alone. It's one of the most absurd scenes ever. Comedy gold.

Laugh or cry, laughter wins, every time. It's just damned funny. 

The Big Dramatic Moment. And then a giant knocks on the door. :lol:

The only thing missing is the fug dress and mini Needle. But there's still hope.

Maybe Jon, LF, Sansa, and Ramsay all become friends in that scene, and decide to have a big party together with the giant.

Maybe Jon, LF, Sansa, and Ramsay all become friends in that scene, and decide to have a big party together with the giant.

I wanted to say something really bad, but... I did.

Or an orgy. Except the men are clothed and the woman is naked, because this is Game of Thrones. 

I said it anyway. Let's be bad.

Jetpacks! Larry, Darryl, and his other brother Darryl will be there, too.

Well in that case!  P*A*R*T*Y at Winterfell!  Everyone come!  Ramsay has always wanted to meet the sandsnakes.  Clothing optional and be ready for anything.   ;)

Well in that case!  P*A*R*T*Y at Winterfell!  Everyone come!  Ramsay has always wanted to meet the sandsnakes.  Clothing optional and be ready for anything.   ;)

How could we forget the Sandsnakes! 

You are cordially invited to: A Revenge Orgy. 

(Nothing is just nothing.)

Yeah, It's so bad, I'm not sure how much worse can it get. I knew Sansa would be part of the "Take down Ramsay" mission the moment she was raped. You can only top misogyny with faux-empowerment. It's rape-revenge fantasy all over again. Wait for loads of moments where Sansa asks for Ramsay's head, sees through the whole act, Ramsay acts all funny about it, then begs for mercy the moment he realizes his end is coming and Sansa goes through with it as the cold, calculating STRONG WOMAN she is. She'll probably say something to the effect "But we are not men."

They call it the Raven-Murder Council, a fitting name. Just wait until Fansa starts sewing again.

If we're going to get really sorry ass "rape empowerment" hopefully we can get, at least, some really good dialogue out of it:

Maybe Sansa can do her best Marsellus Wallace (another rape empowered victim!) impression and say:

"I'm gonna call me a couple hard pipe hittin' Northeners, to go to work on the homes here,with a pair of pliers and a blow torch."

But, I guess we'll just get all the sorry ass rape empowerment crap, with no good dialogue to show for it. Instead well get something really stupid and cheesy while at the same time trying to portray the whole thing as something that ought to be taken seriously.

But, I guess we'll just get all the sorry ass rape empowerment crap, with no good dialogue to show for it. Instead well get something really stupid and cheesy while at the same time trying to portray the whole thing as something that ought to be taken seriously.

I think they tossed any pretense of this as something to be taken seriously out long ago. It's really bad theatre of the absurd.

Archived