Colony -USA Network

Martini Sigil

I put this on my mental list of shows to watch because the plot seemed interesting.  Some sort of alien invasion or whatever, count me in.  I was completely unenthused by the casting.  I watched the pilot and I could have gotten past the sort of cliched dialogue and storylines, but jeez, it's like they reached into the bowl of "actors no one ever wants to see on screen ever again" and pulled out every name.  Josh Holloway has no range.  How the fuck does Sarah Wayne Callies even get work?  Child actors are almost always useless and annoying, especially when they are teens.  

At the end, I realized I wasn't even mildly interested in who the invaders or hosts are.  I might give this another episode or two but I was left very unimpressed.  

Pretty much. It was ok. I'll see where it goes eventually but not rushing to watch.

More or less how I felt. I liked Holloway in Lost, but as Dr Pepper said, the dude has no range. He's basically been Sawyer in everything I've seen him in. Probably why he doesn't get much work. Perhaps a new haircut might help.

KInda liked it ! I'll still wait to see where it goes though.

I liked the ambiguity about Snyder's character, mostly his line about taking advantage of his opportunity. Made me wonder if he's truly colaborating or just buying his time, getting as high as possible in the hierarchy and as close as he could to the invaders before biting them in the ass (although when undercover that deep, the lines always get dizzy, so very curious to see that character evolve !)

7 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Second episode was pretty bland. But I think if they add some broth, maybe a potato, they could get themselves a stew going.

Agreed... This show isn't great, but neither does it suck... maybe it'll have some surprises... I like it though... the one thing this show has going for it is that it's on Thursday Night.

Carl Weathers is a nice touch though...lol

It still feels like I'm watching Lori and Sawyer.  I agree, it's bland, and the familiarity of the characters doesn't help at all. It got a bit interesting there at the end with the showers, that actually felt a bit terrifying and also the only time I felt a sense of urgency for what is supposed to be some dystopic or post apocalyptic setting.  But I'm going to need a bit more of that to stay interested.  I'm not interested in another Sawyer running around yelling Kate or Lori doing Lori things or some police procedural.  They are all so well fed, the bar is so well stocked, cars are so clean and gassed, the diabetic is some random kid I have no reason to care about, periphery characters are rounded up and they have a really lovely well-watered orange tree in the backyard of a beautiful home with perfectly functioning utilities.  It feels like the writers don't even want me to care.  

I have a weird feeling after the latest episode... the plot didnt particularly move on and there was nothing of real substance in it, but, unlike the two previous ones, I really didnt see time pass... I'll keep on checking the show out of curiosity... who knows, maybe it's heading somewhere really cool !  

I think they're setting up for a big event... we haven't seen the aliens yet....or Geronimo... there has to be some kind of battle/stand off.... not to mention how said confrontation affects the Bowmans ... granted, itd just --up to this point-- just another cookie-cutter show.... like something Syfy would have done pre-12 monkeys... But I'm just willing to keep watching since Thursday nights are boring anyway, and maybe the reveal will be worth it.

Still watching, not that it is anything special. I record it and watch it over the weekend when I can. It's interesting enough to keep me coming back for a few more weeks but it needs to get moving on some. I don't watch any of the CSI, NCIS, or whatever other "procedural drama" there is, so this isn't too repetitive for me.

On 30/1/2016 at 3:13 AM, Martini Sigil said:

like something Syfy would have done pre-12 monkeys... 

Okay, I know I'm repeating myself here in defending SyFy but I sincerly think ContinuumDefiance and Helix are waaaaaaaay above Colony so far.

Even Dominion had something more (more catchy only, indeed, but still)

36 minutes ago, Arkash said:

Okay, I know I'm repeating myself here in defending SyFy but I sincerly think ContinuumDefiance and Helix are waaaaaaaay above Colony so far.

Even Dominion had something more (more catchy only, indeed, but still)

I don't know about that. All four of those shows you mentioned were pretty bad - although Continuum started out sorta strong, but faded badly.

That's not to say I think Colony is good. I don't. It's pretty bad too, but I think it has potential to be something at this point. Now, I don't have a lot of hope that it will rise above, but I think, for now, the potential is there at least. And that's why I'll continue watching for a bit longer.

Archived