Season 6 trailer

dariopatke

Just now, Ingelheim said:

Emm, no, maybe I expressed myself wrong, I'm actually saying Davos is with the loyalist party.

I understood you, and I agree that's what's happening.  Davos and co are protecting Jon's body from being burnt by the NW guys.

But why would Davos being against Jon loyalists? What would they want with the body anyway.

Surely its much more plausible that the NW want to burn the body to stop it becoming a snow zombie, and Mel and Davos have some sort of plan to bring Jon back to life and need to protect his body.

I think they'll burn the body based on bts pictures and Jon will come out of it fine like what happened with Dany.

18 minutes ago, farerb said:

I think they'll burn the body based on bts pictures and Jon will come out of it fine like what happened with Dany.

You know what would be fitting as a parallel? If another shadowbinder from Asshai were to walk into the flames as he's being burned (MMD for Dany's dragons, Mel for Jon).

15 hours ago, Swan Noire said:

Dumb and Dumber the raging mysognists never miss a chance to throw more T&A up on the screen. So fitting that one of the scenes they saw fit to include in the trailer is Mel disrobing AGAIN!

Do you even know what misogyny is? And do you actually think the directors/showrunners/screenwriters make trailers? Next time, think twice before criticising something, unless you want to make yourself look ignorant and biased.

D&D have been accused of being misogynistic for making Sansa go through Jeyne Poole treatment, which is beyond ridiculous. Because by that logic, GRRM would be too for what he did to Jeyne and many other female characters, Charlaine Harris would be one as well for having Sookie raped or Diana Gabaldon would be a misandrist for coming up with that Jamie-Randall torture and sodomy fest. Even worse, they'd be human haters for harming and killing off their characters on the regular. They're entertainers and writers, it's their job to touch upon a variety of issues. Doesn't mean those are their own issues.

We live in a time when people get so easily offended and who are just too quick to throw around labels.

16 minutes ago, Khione said:

Do you even know what misogyny is? And do you actually think the directors/showrunners/screenwriters make trailers? Next time, think twice before criticising something, unless you want to make yourself look ignorant and biased.

D&D have been accused of being misogynistic for making Sansa go through Jeyne Poole treatment, which is beyond ridiculous. Because by that logic, GRRM would be too for what he did to Jeyne and many other female characters, Charlaine Harris would be one as well for having Sookie raped or Diana Gabaldon would be a misandrist for coming up with that Jamie-Randall torture and sodomy fest. Even worse, they'd be human haters for harming and killing off their characters on the regular. They're entertainers and writers, it's their job to touch upon a variety of issues. Doesn't mean those are their own issues.

We live in a time when people get so easily offended and who are just too quick to throw around labels.

My boy/girl preaching over here!! (Bows)

4 minutes ago, rjrckts said:

Is this a thread to discuss the season 6 trailer or to discuss political issues, I forget?

Most of us were talking about the trailer. A couple...special forum members made it about all that other stuff. 

Though why Davos suddenly gives a shit about Jon...

...this also leads me to believe the resurrection has to happen that first episode. Jon is laying out in the yard...someone collects him and brings him into that room. Olly's crew left him for dead. I can't see Olly and his boys leaving Jons corpse in peace for a 2-3 episode arc. Can you imagine the nonsense they'll create to support that?

The sticklers for accuracy always expecting iconic/famous lines to be adapted are going to be so disappointed with the TOJ dialogue. It's a given it isn't going to be verbatim. There are some lines in that exchange that would just confuse the casual viewers, and some lines are too fancy/poetic to fit in with the tone of the show and not come off as cheesy.

That said, Ned's feverish dream is not to be taken at face value. It's an unreliable source. Even the dialogue could have been altered in his mind. What we're going to see is a clear vision, not a distant memory. It may be a more accurate account of the event.

2 hours ago, dsug said:

Who gives a fuck if Yara's a lesbian or not? Last time I checked, who or what Asha is attracted to is not much of an issue in the books. And people saying they are throwing in random lesbian scenes for tittilation when they wouldn't do it it with a gay scene: I invite you to watch Loras numerous sex scenes with Renly and Olyvar. 

And besides, I'd rather see Yara having an affair with a woman spying on her for Euron be an actual plot point then just random fingerbanging like in the books. Dany and Irri had literally no purpose. Cersei and Taena was just strange. 

Yeah, right, all the characters are interchangeable units after all. Ridiculous...

Irri fingerbanging Dany in the books has nothing to do with the issue I brought up.

And lastly, I WAS discussing the trailer. Yara going all "I kissed a girl and I liked it" is a scene from the trailer, and I was discussing that. Perfectly within the confines of the thread.

1 hour ago, Myrish Swamp-Thing said:

Yeah, right, all the characters are interchangeable units after all. Ridiculous...

Irri fingerbanging Dany in the books has nothing to do with the issue I brought up.

And lastly, I WAS discussing the trailer. Yara going all "I kissed a girl and I liked it" is a scene from the trailer, and I was discussing that. Perfectly within the confines of the thread.

Where did anything about interchangeable units come from? I get that Euron does that to Vic in the books, but since Vic thankfully doesn't appear on the show, they're using it to develop Yara instead. Still a perfectly good plot. 

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I understood you, and I agree that's what's happening.  Davos and co are protecting Jon's body from being burnt by the NW guys.

But if Thorne and the NW men wanted to burn his body, why did they leave it out in the yard unprotected? B/c it would make for a nice trolling scene for the trailer? 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

But if Thorne and the NW men wanted to burn his body, why did they leave it out in the yard unprotected? B/c it would make for a nice trolling scene for the trailer? 

Burning the body is a Night's Watch custom. They didn't really have any reason to believe the body wouldn't be burned as soon as it was discovered. 

Just now, Dragon in the North said:

Burning the body is a Night's Watch custom. They didn't really have any reason to believe the body wouldn't be burned as soon as it was discovered. 

Right. So they prepare the trap, get Jon there, stab him multiple times, and go to the nearby Starbucks for a cuppa leaving the body unattended. Because it's not like there are hundreds of people around who could object to the assassination attempt or anything. 

Archived