The positive (gasp!) GoT discussion thread (Spoilers)

Joe Pesci

This thread is to discuss any and all of the aspects of GoT that you like in a positive fashion. Please keep all derogatory remarks about anything or anyone associated with the show out of this thread.

Actually, we can respect rules as long as you respect the other thread's (and threads besides these two are for discussion, which includes bad).  

The one thing I can't be mad about, as a whole, is the casting.  For the most part, it's great talent (some more than others).  

Yesss. I'm glad to see this. 

I have a lot of good things to say about the show. The acting is top tier. The music is awesome. Costuming and set design. 

And of course the story. I think the storyline is great and one of the best on television right now. 

The first scene with Karl Tanner "You are a bastard", Oberyn with Tyrion "Cersei always gets what she wants/What about what I want" and Stannis + Shireen "you are my daughter" are some of my favourite scenes in any TV show or even film. You can physically see Karl struggling to keep his mouth shut with his facial expressions but he's just had enough. The amount of emotion in the Oberyn and Tyrion scene is tear jerking. The Stannis + Shireen scene is so powerful, disregarding what happens later in the season, it gives you a side of Stannis that nobody sees and shows just how much she means to him, the uncomfortable hug just tops it off. 

Incredible acting in all three scene with everyone involved. If that kind of love and passion was behind every scene the show would be a masterpiece in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, JonSnow4President said:

Actually, we can respect rules as long as you respect the other thread's (and threads besides these two are for discussion, which includes bad).  

The one thing I can't be mad about, as a whole, is the casting.  For the most part, it's great talent (some more than others).  

I second this. All except for Emilia's stiffness, the actors all do really well. 

27 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Harry Lloyd is the best possible Viserys imaginable. In fact I hear and see Harry Lloyd whenever I read about Viserys.

I second this as well. Harry IS Viserys! He even does an amazing job narrating the D&E series. 

38 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Mark Addy and Sean Bean were phenomel as Robert and Ned and really sold me on them bringing the characters id read and imagine to life flawlessly. 

I didn't really like Sean's Ned but Mark Addy's Robert was nearly as good as Harry's Viserys. 

I only wish he was taller.

Some scenes sold me on the show, especially on season 1. Dany's arc was told in a very clear, well-written fashion. Dany herself had a great journey, and it's no surprise most fans ended up the first season rooting for her. 

In season 4, there was one scene I enjoyed. That was Sansa and Lysa talking about Sansa's relationship with LF. Although Lysa was out of character, Sansa's reaction was actually interesting. 

I actually like a vast majority of the changes the show has made from the books, and respect why they were necessary. Having initially read the last two books with a sense of frustration of 'oh god another Jon chapter' and 'wait.. I'm supposed to care about this Aegon guy??' It was a blessed relief that things were cut the way they were.

i enjoy the simplification sometimes, I understand what works for to and what doesn't. 

I really liked that Tyrions journey was chopped apart and sped up, that he met Dany, that he wasn't lolling around in self pity for an entire series.

i really liked that Sansa wasn't babysitting, and actually was involved in the plot.

i liked that Brienne didn't just aimlessly wander around having her own side adventure.

its like they took all my complaints with the books and they fixed them, because by that point the show and the books are working towards different objectives and I get that, have since season 1.

i also think the show has incredible production values, we are really lucky that so much money is on screen for a fantasy show, can you imagine something happening like this in the 90s?? 

Archived