Rogue One: 2 Rebellious 2 Fail

Mr. Chatywin et al.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, Calibandar said:

Some interesting stuff from EW on the role that Vader will play in the film:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/23/darth-vader-rogue-one-star-wars

The Rebels are barely familiar with Vader. Even within the Empire, he is more legend than everyday presence. “Within the Rebellion, it’s not commonly spoken about,” says director Gareth Edwards. “Within the Empire, there is the culture of knowing of the existence of Darth Vader. There’s definitely an underlying feeling that there is a power – a dark power – available to the Empire and that if you overstep your mark, you will suffer the consequences.”

That answers a lot about the last few episodes of Rebels in season 2 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks they're still leaning pretty heavily into this being the Star Wars version of a war movie. Hopefully means that any concerns about the reshoots changing that were unfounded.

1 hour ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

They had a bit of behind the scenes footage as well as a panel at the Star Wars Celebration. Haven't had time to watch all of the panel yet, but the behind the scenes was pretty cool.

Here it is: 

Similar to the TFA behind the scenes reel they had a year ago, this got me pumped and a bit misty eyed.

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Alden Ehrenreich is Han Solo in the Han Solo film (couldnt recall whether we had a separate thread)

It was probably mentioned in another thread, but it's a good reminder as the actor was officially introduced to fans now.

That is one SW I'm not excited about, to be honest, though I said something similar about Rogue One, too, and now I can't wait. Most likely Disney will force me to like the HS movie, one way or another. :P

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

It was probably mentioned in another thread, but it's a good reminder as the actor was officially introduced to fans now.

That is one SW I'm not excited about, to be honest, though I said something similar about Rogue One, too, and now I can't wait. Most likely Disney will force me to like the HS movie, one way or another. :P

I think yesterday was the official announcement of his casting? He was just very likely before now as i understand it.

Anyway, shooting is due to start Jan/Feb next year. 

Its also the SW i am looking forward to the least. But just wait till we get a trailer, if its anything like Rouge One and TFA then i may hust be convinced. 

19 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I just want the Celebration Trailer for R1, I'm managing so far to keep myself from watching a shitty leaked version.

I'm there with you.  Can't believe they've waited this long to share it.  :dunno: 

Archived