Rogue One: 2 Rebellious 2 Fail

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Surely, most stay to fight in the final showdown against Vader to delay and distract him, and die in the process, and 2 people (the main male and female characters) get away to deliver the plans. After all, the rebels do get their hands on the death star plans so Vader does ultimately fail big picture wise in this story. So having a few live is consistent with the story, and I can;t see a total massacre being in Lucas Film's DNA.

8 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Surely, most stay to fight in the final showdown against Vader to delay and distract him, and die in the process, and 2 people (the main male and female characters) get away to deliver the plans. After all, the rebels do get their hands on the death star plans so Vader does ultimately fail big picture wise in this story. So having a few live is consistent with the story, and I can;t see a total massacre being in Lucas Film's DNA.

I'd just point out that it's possible they transmitted the plans and then died ensuring the transmission got through. Or even that Tudyk's droid character is the sole survivor who delivers the plans, only because Vader couldn't detect him with the force. Still you're probably right and Disney doesn't want such a bleak film. That's basically what I'm concerned about, that it was envisioned as this dark war movie and then some idiots they picked up in American malls reacted negatively in test screenings and now they've done re-shoots to give it a happier ending. (See: Blade Runner)  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived