[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, I believe in roses, since they, well, exist. Fairy tales is a different story, obviously. And what throne are you talking about? Have you ever read any post of mine where I say Arya will end up in a throne, iron or not? So stop making assumptions about what I believe or not, all right?

You want to read that Arya drinking from the euthanasia well means she'll die? Go right ahead, knock yourself out. I think it means absolutely nothing, because I think the show writers are bad and lazy writers, as simple as that. 

I just read a fairy tale to my niece the other day, so it seems those exist as well. But trying to find meaning in this travesty of a show, now that's a fairy tale quest if I ever seen one. 

I think it's a plothole that khaleesi Savo would have seen Dany eating the horse's heart. It certainly looks like Khal Savo has preceeded Drogo rather than come after, and therefore the ex-khaleesi would already have been confined to the Dosh Khaleen long before Dany's initiation rites. (I know, the might be more serious nits to pick, just trying to win the prize for the smallest.)

11 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I just read a fairy tail to my niece the other day, so it seems those exist as well. But trying to find meaning in this travesty of a show, now that's a fairy tail quest if I ever seen one. 

Well, you got me there with the fairy tales! But you know what I meant... :P

As to finding sense or logic in showverse, yeah, good luck for those brave souls willing to try.

3 minutes ago, Stark_Contrast said:

I think it's a plothole that khaleesi Savo would have seen Dany eating the horse's heart. It certainly looks like Khal Savo has preceeded Drogo rather than come after, and therefore the ex-khaleesi would already have been confined to the Dosh Khaleen long before Dany's initiation rites. (I know, the might be more serious nits to pick, just trying to win the prize for the smallest.)

Khaleesi ate the heart in the Dosh Khaleen.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, you got me there with the fairy tales! But you know what I meant... :P

As to finding sense or logic in showverse, yeah, good luck for those brave souls willing to try.

I did, I just can't seem to resist being a smart ass when the opportunity presents itself. ;)

That scene in King's Landing when Jaime, Cersei and the corpse entered the small council and the whole "if you stay, we'll leave" was so so SO ridiculous it actually made me angry. And I don't get angry with this show, I just sit shaking my head and rolling my eyes. But that scene was so stupid and pointless, the acting so awkward plus that character pretending to be Jaime Lannister I just...I felt insulted.

To those who loathe the show, its probably a lot healthier to stop watching it. If you cant, admit you are being self-destructive and not loving yourself, you goddamn masos. 

1 hour ago, Stark_Contrast said:

that was the same room she ate the heart. Dany was given that ritual by the dosh khaleen, yo. 

Im wondering if they are going to give Jaime his character development back and they are waiting to make him anti-Cersei...

6 minutes ago, Nami said:

That scene in King's Landing when Jaime, Cersei and the corpse entered the small council and the whole "if you stay, we'll leave" was so so SO ridiculous it actually made me angry. And I don't get angry with this show, I just sit shaking my head and rolling my eyes. But that scene was so stupid and pointless, the acting so awkward plus that character pretending to be Jaime Lannister I just...I felt insulted.

I laughed.  Since there wasn't any character butchery going on, and it was so completely without any value toward any element of the show or the story, and it wasn't even well written.  Come on, that's funny.  

Stuff like the Umbers giving Rickon Stark to Ramsay is irritating, although Ramsay's super hero abilities are also quite entertaining.

I laughed at the HS and Tommen, too.  Mother love, yo.  And dude, you forgot about your wife who is still in prison, why are blabbing about your mother who is in the red keep?  Funny.

3 hours ago, Eddy1 said:

I think D&D just don't care anymore. They haven't got any incentive to keep the writing at a high quality, as the show won't be axed at this late stage and the hype is enough to keep ratings high for the last two seasons. The complexity of the books is no excuse for the awful writing lately, as many of the plot holes and much of the poor dialogue could easily be fixed with a bit more thought.

It sucks. At this point in time, if I was HBO I would step in and change the top team. Especially if they plan to do season 7 & 8. Drop one of the Ds from D&D, bring in a fresh writing team and bolster anything else that needs to be. Otherwise, they are risking doing a lot of damage to the GoT brand, which means bad things for future spin offs, toys, action heroes, theme park, movie, etc etc.

31 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The LF stuff is going to be funny, too. They are going to tie themselves up in knots.

I'm genuinely curious on how they're gonna end this trainwreck
Tits and kinslaying will only take them so far

2 hours ago, Nami said:

I'm genuinely curious on how they're gonna end this trainwreck
Tits and kinslaying will only take them so far

Yeah, they want to end it now, by the looks of it. This is just filler until they can cap it with some sort of ending.

It's a shame they can't actually tell stories about people, because they could make up for lost character development.

I haven't posted on here for so long....... My outlook on the show has always been that it can't do any harm as long as they provide great visuals and get close to the story (kinda like a nice batch of shrooms). But this episode kinda pissed me off. Arya never uses the magics of the faceless men. She relys on the magics of the old gods to pass their tests. I don't understand this change, it makes no sense.

12 hours ago, Victarian Revolution said:

Why do you people watch this show just to whinge about it?

I understand the purpose of the topic but it seems pretty hypocritical and sad to watch something that you detest this much for six seasons?

Because we're hopeful. It's off track, IMO, but there are at least 17 episodes left. I've watched 53, HBO has my money, I'm in 'til the bitter end.

It's hard to forget the source material. I'm sure in our minds we could all do it better, but budgets and schedules are real things, and this cast is so bloated that it costs a small fortune just to pay them.

It's still a good show, that's why the Unsullied love it. The production quality is outstanding and there are occasional moments of brilliance. And, it's light years better than 95% of other shows on TV. It can just be extremely difficult to understand some of the choices the showrunners make, and it's nice to have a place to vent those frustrations.

OK? OK.

14 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I don't think it's better than most shows at all.

So where is Ghost in Jon's last scene. Why couldn't he come down with him?

I would ask which shows are better, but that would be way off topic (:

I assumed Ghost was with Shaggy and Nymeria in the too-expensive-to-CGI-the-wolves kennel of doom.

I find it beyond ridiculous when people insist on whingeing about 'why you watch show if you no like?!'

Because I want to. That's it. So unless someone can forcibly stop me, this is a dull, redundant question. And I mean that for the angry questions/comments (why are you ruining it for us!), the faux concerned ones (why are you watching something you don't like? it is bad for you!), the labelling ones (you must be a masochist!) and the genuinely curious ones (no really, why do you watch?). What does it matter to anyone else what I watch? Seriously baffling.  

Kindly stop making my viewing habits your concern, and thanks ever so much for being so worried for me! Or alternately, follow your own sage advice: don't like, don't watch read! 

As to the episode, I liked Arya's scene. Maisie Williams has grown into a great young actress. I especially liked the moment where she spoke about the Hound. Great stuff. 

The music: phenomenal. Still one of the best soundtracks on TV in my opinion.

And that's all I got! 

What I am dreading the most is Ramsay's treatment of Rickon. I can nearly guarantee Rickon and Osha will be shocked, horrified, terrified and more. Never mind they've had a pretty tough existence themselves, and seen much horror (real horror, the kind where your childhood home home gets burnt to the ground and your parents are slaughtered) for years. Oh no. Rickon can't possibly have developed some courage and resilience; Osha's wildling self would have evaporated too. After all, how else can we have numerous close ups of them both cringing before Ramsay?? He's the worst thing ever to happen in Westeros, remember? He's the uber villain, who makes the WW look like kind neighbours. That, at least, is how the show's presented him. Ugh. 

Shaggydog dying is worse than Jon Snow for me, by far. 

Beyond that, all the Lannister scenes should be put in the dictionary next to the word 'pointless'. Where's the grief and shock over Myrcella's death? Where's the Small Council's plan for retaliation/revenge? Instead, they seem to pass the time between Pycelle moaning about Qyburn and farting. The leisurely atmosphere in that scene made me roll my eyes so hard I'm left without one. No urgency, no sense of any movement or planning for Margaery or the rest... hell, if Kevan had an ounce of sense he may have realised he needed to work with Jaime.

As for Jaime... no point mentioning anything here. He's dead, and he's been replaced by a lame lackey. 

I don't think I need to say anything about Mereen and Tyrion that hasn't been said better. 

TV shows still airing that I think are 100x better than Game of Thrones (and some of these shows aren't even that great at all):

Better Call Saul, Fargo, The Leftovers, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Knick, Wentworth, Orphan Black, Bloodline, Daredevil, The Americans, Billions, The Walking Dead, Happy Valley, Bosch, Broadchurch, The Fall, Mozart in the Jungle, Jessica Jones, Penny Dreadful, Rectify, Ray Donovan, Bates Motel, Silicon Valley, The Affair, Veep, Transparent, Wolf Hall.

Some shows I occasionally see my mom and grandma watching that I think are better: Grey's Anatomy, Empire, Lucifer, Quantico, Days of Our Lives, The Blacklist, The Big Bang Theory, American Idol, General Hospital.

15 minutes ago, teemo said:

TV shows still airing that I think are 100x better than Game of Thrones (and some of these shows aren't even that great at all):

Better Call Saul, Fargo, The Leftovers, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Knick, Wentworth, Orphan Black, Bloodline, Daredevil, The Americans, Billions, The Walking Dead, Happy Valley, Bosch, Broadchurch, The Fall, Mozart in the Jungle, Jessica Jones, Penny Dreadful, Ray Donovan, Bates Motel, Silicon Valley, The Affair, Veep, Transparent, Wolf Hall.

Some shows I occasionally see my mom and grandma watching that I think are better: Grey's Anatomy, Empire, Lucifer, Quantico, Days of Our Lives, The Blacklist, The Big Bang Theory, American Idol, General Hospital.

Boy, you tripping.

I believe that shows who embrace and revel in their shittiness are better than shows that are terribly pretentious and desecrate their source material, when their show is nonsensical, gratuitous, and poorly written.  At least a show like Grey's Anatomy knows it's shit, and doesn't have its showrunners sitting around in an "Inside the Episode" talking about how the moving of a chair has great symbolic value and depth.  

Archived