Inside the ToJ?

I heard somewhere that Kit Harrington mentioned in an interview that there is an episode this season that is basically all about Jon. To me if that is true, would be the one to reveal R-L.

Blood of my blood is a lot of things, just like Home was, just like all of the titles are.

The flachbacks have never shown two different locations, so I have my doubts it will be anything other showing what is happening with the White Walkers.

My other guess is that BR is attacked by the Others during the flachbacks, hence Meera trying so hard to wake Bran.

1 hour ago, tallTale said:

The flachbacks have never shown two different locations, so I have my doubts it will be anything other showing what is happening with the White Walkers.

My other guess is that BR is attacked by the Others during the flachbacks, hence Meera trying so hard to wake Bran.

And what would cause Meerra to think something was wrong and she needs to wake him? I think it would have to be something affecting the cave and nothing to do with the NK.

5 minutes ago, Drogo_1 said:

And what would cause Meerra to think something was wrong and she needs to wake him? I think it would have to be something affecting the cave and nothing to do with the NK.

That is what I meant to say, that the cave/BR was being attacked.

21 minutes ago, tallTale said:

That is what I meant to say, that the cave/BR was being attacked.

I wonder how they will explain the weights and others being able to get past the warding.

2 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

It's too obvious to be only about Dany.

Ned also tells Jon "You are of my blood" when he departs to KL.  So it could certainly be used to cover Dany's new 100k strong Dothraki army as well as showing who Jon's parents are.  Since the show has completely omitted Ashara and Brandon, anyone who thinks the show will give us anything but R+L=J hasn't been paying attention.

I'm still holding out that Dany has a meeting with Ramsey.  Dothraki are cool and all, but how the fuck are they going to fight in the north.  They'd be frozen to death within a day.

Dany rolls into Winterfell with 100k Dothraki and 3 Dragons.  "I am the blood of old Valyria.... bla bla"

Bran rolls his eyes into the back of his head as one of her dragons snaps before taking flight and cooking half the dothraki army.

Dany starts to stutter " I am the mother of dragons, the unburnt..."

Drogon and the other dragon start to freak out.  Start lashing out and killing Missandei and Greyworm.  The rest of the dothraki run towards the South.

Ramsey launches a volley of spears, killing the 2 dragons Bran didn't control.  And slowly walks up to Dany who is still struggling to finish her introduction.

"If you think there's going to be a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."  

"Now let's see if you're fure immunity protects you from flaying"

It would be just like D&D to push the ToJ reveal back until much later in the season lol.

I think they are trying to time it perfectly - Bran finding out what happened in the Tower of Joy, will also be the same moment that Jon (somehow?) finds out who his real parents are. I think both of things will happen concurrently. 

Additionally - I think Bran will himself find out what happened at the ToJ. He will continue his training with the 3ER, but will eventually figure out how to wonder on his own, after all his training, and view the Tower on his own. From his own perspective, without the raven there to guide him. Kind of like the ultimately test. 

47 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

It would be just like D&D to push the ToJ reveal back until much later in the season lol.

I think they are trying to time it perfectly - Bran finding out what happened in the Tower of Joy, will also be the same moment that Jon (somehow?) finds out who his real parents are. I think both of things will happen concurrently. 

Additionally - I think Bran will himself find out what happened at the ToJ. He will continue his training with the 3ER, but will eventually figure out how to wonder on his own, after all his training, and view the Tower on his own. From his own perspective, without the raven there to guide him. Kind of like the ultimately test. 

The only way for Jon to find out about his parents is either if he finds out from Howland Reed himself or from Bran, don't think these 2 might happen in this season. Another posibility might be him finding out Rhaegar's harp in the crypts after taking Winterfell (and searching for Rickon maybe). But i don't see how will he connect the dots regarding his mother and so on ... 

2 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

The only way for Jon to find out about his parents is either if he finds out from Howland Reed himself or from Bran, don't think these too might happen in this season. Another posibility might be him finding out Rhaegar's harp in the crypts after taking Winterfell (and searching for Rickon maybe). But i don't think how will he connect the dots regarding his mother and so on ... 

Course correct me if I'm wrong - but we don't know anything about where Howland Reed is on the show, right? 

Like most people, I was really suspicious as to why the Stark / Reed / Arthur Dayne fight played out the way that it did, but one of the main theories I've read is that the show wanted to highlight Howland Reed as a character so as to bring him back in present day, possibly explaining to Jon what happened at the ToJ. 

It's a bit of a long shot, but how Jon actually finds out is going to be really intriguing. 

18 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

Course correct me if I'm wrong - but we don't know anything about where Howland Reed is on the show, right? 

Like most people, I was really suspicious as to why the Stark / Reed / Arthur Dayne fight played out the way that it did, but one of the main theories I've read is that the show wanted to highlight Howland Reed as a character so as to bring him back in present day, possibly explaining to Jon what happened at the ToJ. 

It's a bit of a long shot, but how Jon actually finds out is going to be really intriguing. 

I think that he will find the Harp in the Winterfell's crypts, in Lyanna's tomb, while searching for Rickon, and at first he will not make any connections. Then he will meet either Jon/Howland and they will tell him about his parentage and he will connect all the dots, realising that the Harp was Rhaegars, and Lyanna was his mother and so on.

On 5/12/2016 at 2:44 PM, Cragen said:

On IMDB in episode description is Bran learn a great deal. In cast presented are Eva Butterly as unnamed character and Essie Davis as Lady Stork. So it looks like we will inside of ToJ.

Essie Davis  IMDB list her as in a play as lead actress in Essos? or Kings landing. If KL me thinks it will not end well for her.

3 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

Agree with this completely. My theory since last season is this. Theory and praying it happens i might add. When jon marches south looking for allies. Howland Reed makes an appearance finally. They showed him in the flashbacks so hes been introduced. (He could be subbed out for LF if they say littlefinger knows based on crypts scene last season).  In this meeting, howland/LF begins telling sansa and jon the story of what happened that day inside the tower, starting with ascending the tower to screams. Simultaneously, it goes to Bran seeing this in the Flashbacks, while Howland/LF is still narrating it. We see and hear everything.Brans reaction first, Jon and Sansa's last. Credits roll.

I'm available for hire if D&D are reading this.

14 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I'm really starting to wonder what bloodravens motives are too. Kinda odd that we got the nights King grabbing bran in one of the season 6 trailers. Then we've seen Bloodraven grab him the same way every episode he's in...  Definitely looks like Bran will have to flee the cave next week. So If no ToJ conclusion next week, will bran have to access another Weirwood to get the answers to that???  Or was the trailer for next week showing Bran having a future vision and they'll still have time to escape in a later episode?

He is standing in that scene, it's is a vision.

7 hours ago, balerionsteel. said:

Agree with this completely. My theory since last season is this. Theory and praying it happens i might add. When jon marches south looking for allies. Howland Reed makes an appearance finally. They showed him in the flashbacks so hes been introduced. (He could be subbed out for LF if they say littlefinger knows based on crypts scene last season).  In this meeting, howland/LF begins telling sansa and jon the story of what happened that day inside the tower, starting with ascending the tower to screams. Simultaneously, it goes to Bran seeing this in the Flashbacks, while Howland/LF is still narrating it. We see and hear everything.Brans reaction first, Jon and Sansa's last. Credits roll.

I'm available for hire if D&D are reading this.

Love it. 

The only sense I could come up with, to have Howland Reed involved in Dayne's death the way that he was, was so that the show highlights his character for future use.

And the only future use the show could have with Howland is to somehow tell Jon (or someone near Jon) what happened at the Tower of Joy. 

10 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

What if she is just trying to wake him because he has "stayed too long under the sea and is drowning". Why would they continue to beat that dead horse if it wasn't going to come up at some point?

I immediately thought of some sort of connection with the Iron Born's Drowned God. Davos says it best when he said "Seven Gods, Drowned Gods, Tree Gods, they're all the same". Maybe Davos, again, has a point and is on to something and possibly setting up some end game material.

Jon's resurrection ritual eerily mirrored the Faceless Men ritual when Arya and the Waif were scraping faces off dead people.  

12 hours ago, WalkinDude said:

Ned also tells Jon "You are of my blood" when he departs to KL.  So it could certainly be used to cover Dany's new 100k strong Dothraki army as well as showing who Jon's parents are.  Since the show has completely omitted Ashara and Brandon, anyone who thinks the show will give us anything but R+L=J hasn't been paying attention.

I'm still holding out that Dany has a meeting with Ramsey.  Dothraki are cool and all, but how the fuck are they going to fight in the north.  They'd be frozen to death within a day.

Dany rolls into Winterfell with 100k Dothraki and 3 Dragons.  "I am the blood of old Valyria.... bla bla"

Bran rolls his eyes into the back of his head as one of her dragons snaps before taking flight and cooking half the dothraki army.

Dany starts to stutter " I am the mother of dragons, the unburnt..."

Drogon and the other dragon start to freak out.  Start lashing out and killing Missandei and Greyworm.  The rest of the dothraki run towards the South.

Ramsey launches a volley of spears, killing the 2 dragons Bran didn't control.  And slowly walks up to Dany who is still struggling to finish her introduction.

"If you think there's going to be a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."  

"Now let's see if you're fure immunity protects you from flaying"

but but but.. breaker of chains....

ramsay: let's play a game (big grin)

Archived