What's the deal with Euron Greyjoy?!?

TheBraveSerDavos

Alright so after the amazingness that was Battle of the Bastards, I had one worrying thought....

What if Daenerys kills show Euron the second he arrives in Meereen? She already made the deal with Theon and Yara to kill Euron, and it would be piss poor writing to put Euron on the show just to kill him off a few episodes later in which he accomplishes nothing. 

Do you think Euron's gonna have any important role or arc? Or do you think Danereys is just gonna kill him off with ease and take his ships?

I'm hoping he actually gets a decent story arc but my gut tells me the writers are just gonna kill him off once he meets Daenerys

Euron should be the big villain. In the books he has the means to have the upper hand on Daenerys and her dragons. But here he doesn't look impressive. And Daenerys seems to become the big villain herself. I don't know, but unless she decides he is better than Daario, she will kill him and take his boats. And Yara is going to replace Euron in Daenerys ' bed. Poor Euron.

I can't see Euron dying in episode 10, but given the response to the show's terrible presentation of him before/after the kingsmoot (which was a shame because his introduction killing Balon was well done) I would not be shocked if he got the Dorne treatment and was axed in S7E1.  Daenerys is the character best set up to be the next big bad (besides the WW) which would be amazing.  I could also go for Sansa becoming a big bad.  I just dont see how they can make Euron into a believable threat at this point.  Even if they show him as Ramsay 2.0 doing messed up stuff it will feel forced this late.

Euron in the show is nothing more then a side-character and someone for Yara/Theon to feud with over the Iron Islands.  Chances are, Euron will wind up killing Yara, pissing Dany and Theon off...leading to Dany burning all of Euron and his ships and the end result will be Theon ruling the Iron Islands (which is still what I believe will ultimately happen in the books).

Euron is a useless secondary charcter in the show, and his whole point of existence is to further Yara/Theon's storyline.  We all know he's a completely different breed of cat in the Books, however.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

He must have some part to play or they wouldn't have cast him in the first place.

Dorne.

But really, I think it was only to provide a reason for Yara and Theon to have to get out of Dodge early and only be able to offer Dany 100 ships instead of the entire Iron Fleet.

Hopefully Euron has some magical artifact like dragonbinder that makes him more villain. I expect Euron to be the big bad in S7. But since D&D basically creates there own story i dont know what will become of Euron.

There is no way he dies in episode 10. He needs to build his 1000 trailer ships. And I know this show plays with timelines the way a cat plays with yarn, but even D&D won't allow his 1000 ships to have been built yet. He will be an antagonist in season 7 and be one of the primary forces fighting Dany when she arrives in Westeros. He will first try to get her to side with him and end up killing Asha. Dany will then destroy him and his flotilla of double wide trailers. He ultimately will amount to nothing. Much like the way D&D put the Sand Fakes on the backburner after everyone hated them, Euron will be stuck on the sidelines until his ultimate fate.

Of course, none of this will happen in the book as show Euron is much more complex, but this is the show.

Physically the actor's all wrong. For better or worse, Euron is one of the most OTT characters in the series, down to his honest-to-God eye patch and blue lips. Plus he's got some suave swag to him. 

There's nothing distinctive and much less malevolent about this actor. The most villainous thing about him is that he's starring in the Ghost in the Shell movie.

On 6/20/2016 at 11:12 AM, TheBraveSerDavos said:

Alright so after the amazingness that was Battle of the Bastards, I had one worrying thought....

What if Daenerys kills show Euron the second he arrives in Meereen? She already made the deal with Theon and Yara to kill Euron, and it would be piss poor writing to put Euron on the show just to kill him off a few episodes later in which he accomplishes nothing. 

Do you think Euron's gonna have any important role or arc? Or do you think Danereys is just gonna kill him off with ease and take his ships?

I'm hoping he actually gets a decent story arc but my gut tells me the writers are just gonna kill him off once he meets Daenerys

I think that might be for the best given that they've stripped the character of everything that makes him to imposing.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, TheBraveSerDavos said:

I personally don' think he will die this episode, he might not even be in it. Essentially I think he will blunder early in the next season going " hurrr, me iron born, me have big ships dragon lady, me giv u big cok now?" before being killed. Maybe this is wishful thinking, because the less we see of D&D butchered iron born and Euron, the better.

9 hours ago, SuperMario said:

And I know this show plays with timelines the way a cat plays with yarn, but even D&D won't allow his 1000 ships to have been built yet.

You may regret those words....

One thing I will say was that in an episode description for episode 10 (which I don't know if it was real or not).... Part of it said Euron reveals himself

Now assuming this doesn't mean that Euron is gonna go skinny dipping or something it means that he might have some magical artifact like Dragonbinder which could impact Meereen some way. Even if his ships arnt ready.

But who knows... Maybe he just arrives in Meereen and becomes dragon chow

42 minutes ago, TheBraveSerDavos said:

Now assuming this doesn't mean that Euron is gonna go skinny dipping or something it means that he might have some magical artifact like Dragonbinder which could impact Meereen some way. Even if his ships arnt ready.

This was another possibility I was thinking, putting Dany on very low ground. I was considering whether Euron pulls out Dragonbinder and steals Dany's dragons.

Skipping the introduction of the 'dragon binding' horn in Kingsmoot to the viewers (which was one of the main arguments people choose him) only to have it magically appear in his hands with no explanation whatsoever? I don't think so, it would be really confusing for (solely) show viewers. Imo, he's dead as soon as he arrives to Mereen. Also, no way in hell he kills Yara, she's a powerful and strong woman, capable leader while he's reduced to a power hungry sexist. C'mon, its easy :P

+ They're pacing up the story, they can't afford another 'big villain' stopping Danny from reaching Westeros in season 7.

Archived