[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

14 hours ago, Aryya Stark said:

Well done! I was especially taken with your idea , "make Jon not stupid", which costs nothing, and yes it would be quite nice. :)

I believe they want to "hide" the fact that Jon is the TPTWPn and they focus excessively and Dany the Savior. But it is so clumsy and ridiculously exaggerated...

15 hours ago, PuddleFace said:

I'll come back with more when I remember :tantrum:

You're welcome. Very well done. :bowdown:

Particularly liked your comment about Ghost.

15 hours ago, PuddleFace said:
  1. Does anyone remember Ghost?? Yeah, who is he......was he ever introduced? what kind of animal, is he a dog or a cat? Whose pet was he? :mellow:

On 7/8/2016 at 0:45 PM, Chebyshov said:

Boss Ass women don't cry, clearly.

No one cries.

Sansa, when she was playing Jeyne in season 5 (Theon when he was watching Sansa play Jeyne). When she found out she had to marry a Lannister (but she was laughing and joking after). After the Red Wedding (but she showed the Lannisters her tears). Her story was a bit more faithful in seasons 1 and 2, so maybe then. She's a mess.

Dany, when Drogo died in season 1. Robb, when Ned died in season 1. Catelyn when Robb died in season 3.

There should be lots of emotional scenes to remember, but the things that stand out are not character moments.

This was exactly what I said what was wrong with ToJ fighting scene, in which I was accused of not knowing on the matter as much as I thought:

A guy sitting there waiting to be surrounded by numerically superior opponents (and still winning).

1 hour ago, Primalsplit said:

This was exactly what I said what was wrong with ToJ fighting scene, in which I was accused of not knowing on the matter as much as I thought:

A guy sitting there waiting to be surrounded by numerically superior opponents (and still winning).

Thank you for posting this. This was such a ridiculous fight and the show defenders coming out in force to claim its "awesomeness" was equally ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

No one cries.

Sansa, when she was playing Jeyne in season 5 (Theon when he was watching Sansa play Jeyne). When she found out she had to marry a Lannister (but she was laughing and joking after). After the Red Wedding (but she showed the Lannisters her tears). Her story was a bit more faithful in seasons 1 and 2, so maybe then. She's a mess.

Dany, when Drogo died in season 1. Robb, when Ned died in season 1. Catelyn when Robb died in season 3.

There should be lots of emotional scenes to remember, but the things that stand out are not character moments.

Yeah, I don't understand why they think tears are so bad. I mean, these characters are going through a lot of traumatic stuff. Anger shouldn't be the only emotion on display. It's always anger, revenge, cynicism, but never anything else. Hope is for sissies. Love is weakness. Kindness makes you an easy target. It's all so boringly nihilistic. For all of The Walking Dead's flaws that show at least has flickers of love, hope, loyalty, and friendship. It's not hard to root for the characters because they are people you can care about. The characters on GOT are all so devoid of any inner life that it's hard to care what happens to them anymore.

On 2016年7月8日 at 9:06 PM, PuddleFace said:

I know this is a bit late and random but  upon rewatching a couple of scenes. I decided to compile stuff on the show that could have been kept pretty close to the books without jeopardizing the show's writing and overall cohesiveness of the plot. We can all agree that everything after season 4 has been a clusterfuck, and mostly because of the plot-holes and writing issues. And this can cover how they could have also saved on budget. So these are some of the stuff I came up with:

The Wall

1. The Olly thing just doesn't make sense. No need to insert some made up character who really adds NOTHING to the plot. And it's funny that they'd have to pay the actor. You know maybe just not have him if you're gonna kill him anyway and his presence doesn't impact Jon's overall story line in anyway. WHAT DOES THIS DO: saves money that would have been used to pay the Olly actor #SAVEMONEY2k16 :) 
  2. The funny thing is that Bowen Marsh is listed as one of the Black Brothers to stab Jon. So here we have someone who could have been set up as a possible adversary to Jon, thus making it according to the books. They wouldn't have to change much either because just as Olly hated the wildlings, Bowen doesn't like them either. They have to pay two actors for a job that one actor could have handled. WHAT DOES THIS DO: makes a more cohesive plot, in line with what we've seen so far and #SAVEMONEY2k16 :)
  3. With all this money saved, we could have seen more Ghost. #SAVEMONEY2k16 :) 
  4. Stannis' time at the wall in season 5 amounted to absolutely nothing! There are also completely pointless scenes of StannisXSelyse, StannisxMel, StannisxDavos, StannisxJon. This is like almost 10 minutes of wasted screentime. Instead of these, have Stannis and Jon talk strategy or something. If they knew they were gonna kill him anyway, why waste the resources? #SAVEMONEY2k16 :) 

Sansa's "arc" (what is an arc anyway :rolleyes:)

1. She didn't have to go to the North. She could have just stayed in the Vale with Littlefinger and Robert Arryn. They didn't have to cast Harry the Heir. Instead, have Sansa betrothed to Robert Arryn. And Robert/Robin makes appearances anyway so it's not like they'd be spending that much money. Book readers suspect Robert/Robin to die soon so just have littlefinger kill him then have Sansa take over the Vale. They could have just had a few scenes and then worked from there after his death.
  2. Along with 1, Sansa ends up taking the Vale but it makes no sense. If the outcome would have been the same with Sansa getting the Vale army to go North, why not do it in a way that could coincide with what's happening in the books?? #SAVEMONEY2k16 :) 
  3. Sansa marrying Ramsay (and mind you getting brutally abused) amounted to nothing since she doesn't even end up getting the North. Why spend the time and resources with getting her to the North when absolutely nothing is accomplished? Keeping her in the Vale keeps her storyline in a more comprehensive direction. She can play #BOSS.ASS.BITCH.2k16 all the while ruling the Vale, 
  4. Sansa's character/personalty takes a complete 360. She goes from naive-learnign to play the game of thrones-faux empowerment-naive and stupid. She's back where she started, all in the disguise of her being empowered. Why not just keep her in the Vale, oh gosh?!

Winterhell and the Northern Story Line

1. Winterfell is supposed to be Theon's story, it's his redepmtion arc. But this is given to Ramsay because.........reasons?? :dunno: Where did they get the Idea that Ramsay was a major character in the books?!
  2. The didn't need that many Ramsay scenes. In fact, Theon helping Sansa comes out of nowhere. They could have done a lot more to establish Theon's guilt with betraying Robb. Alfie Allen is an amazing actor he could pull of the redemption arc thing well. 
  3. Here they could have brought back Jeyne Poole from season 1. We never get an explanation of what happens to her but she was introduced to us way back then. They would need to pend money to pay her but they spent a ridiculous amount on pointless props, actors and scenes that required CGI that it didn't even make sense why can't they dish a little  #moolah to pay the actress? 
  4. They brought back the Northern Lords in the last episode but these people were absent before because.........reasons??? :dunno: Since D&D read whatever theories they see on this forum and adapt them onto the screen, they've probably seen the GNC. I'm not saying they mount a full scale hiring process but they could at least use they ones that were in Jon's "coronation" scene. Manerly, Cerwyn, Umber, etc. could have been there. We could still have gotten the Northern Lords doing things to undermine the Bolton offensive. And Ramsay was gonna loose anyway so....The funny thing is that old lady in S5 telling #BOSS.ASS.BITCH2k15-2k16 "The North Remembers" but then nothing happened :laugh:
  5. BTW, when did Ramsay become this excellent and level headed military tatician? I was under the impression that he never had castle training like Jon did. Realistically, Jon should have annihilated him :( 

Dummydore Snow's arc (Jon Snow? who is he? I dunno ha!11111 :idea:)

1. Make Jon not stupid. That would be nice.....
  2. Have just a few scenes of Jon making some of the decisions that he made in the books. Even if they cut out Alys Karstark there's still more to adapt: Jon's Iron Bank deal, Jon talking with Mel, the pink letter and Jon's speech to the wildlings before Jon's stabbing would also have made more sense........
  3. They had soooooo many pointless JonxOlly and Olly reaction shots that they forgot how to write a story....not like they knew how to do it anyway. These scenes could have shown Jon actually taking a leadership role. He never made any decisions in season 5 (Hardhome and killing Janos don't count) :bang:
  4. Tell Kit Harrington to stop talking about Jon Snow like he knows him well. Every time Kit pretends to have read the books and then states some bullshit like "Jon is such a stupid character" I want to burn a bale of hay FML :box:
  5. Does anyone remember Ghost?? Yeah, who is he......was he ever introduced? what kind of animal, is he a dog or a cat? Whose pet was he? :mellow:

I was thinking of posting this in the main subforum since the showrunners read westeros.org. Therefore, they could at least get some ideas. My ideas are shit, but make a whole lot sense than what has happened in the last two seasons. And I came up with this in 15 minutes, mess....:frown5: I know I haven't even covered the number of plot holes here but just some food for thought.....I'll come back with more when I remember :tantrum:

Good rant you should be hired as the money man :lol:

On 7 July 2016 at 10:20 PM, Cas Stark said:

One could watch GOT with the view that its a secret science fiction piece.  Varys and LF have some type of advanced tranportation technology.  Larry is existing in a different universe. In fact, there may be one or more parallel universes going on, which might explain why people's personalities continue to change...except we're not getting any goatee or different jewelry to tip us off.  Although Cersei definitely is either a cenobite or from Dune. There could also be cloning going on. Arya I may very well have died of her wounds, but her clone replaced her.

In fact, that might be a quite entertaining way to watch the show...to attempt to name whatever scifi device is the explanation for whatever plot hole is occurring.  LOL.

:lol:

Spacing guild or Bene Gesserit? 

On a separate note, I knew the Firestarter scene reminded me of something but it took me a while to remember what exactly...

I actually do not understand something: is Sansa now Lady of Winterfell and is Jon only the KitN? I read today somewhere on tumblr that the KitN in an elected position???

The KitN is a hereditary position. The writers did get it completely wrong if suddenly people are thinking you are KitN because of an election? 

Robb was the heir to Winterfell and he was named King because they did not wanted to follow any longer the Iron Throne and because he was the son of Ned and a descendent of the Kings in the North. Jon is named the King in the North because they see him as a Stark and they chose to ignore Sansa. :rolleyes: It is not like they are able to chose suddenly a Cerwyn as the King in the North. It does not the same as the Ironborn or the Free Folk choosing their leader. 

I am starting to get a headache.

On 7/9/2016 at 1:19 AM, rosehustle1 said:

It is a crime that Alfie never got to do the heart tree scene.

It really is.

But of course, it would contribute the notion that Ned Stark really was an honourable chap and is having an effect on the northern storyline even such a long time after his death. And we can't have that, can we?  :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Like here: 

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-6/episode-10/houses/4/house-stark

The KitN (Jon) and the Lord/Lady of Winterfell (Sansa) is a different position?

In my eyes they are still both usurpers anyway; because they know Bran is alive.

Yeah, it's weird. For thousands of years the lord or lady of Winterfell has always been understood to be the head of the North whether as king and then later Warden.

And if both Sansa and Jon know that Bran is alive, then it would seem both would simply tell the lords that Bran is alive, hence the rightful heir, and that both Jon and Sansa are acting on his authority until he is found.

I just don't see Jon or Sansa, at least their book characters, accepting or trying to grab power from Bran.

The lack of range of emotions going on.

Is it a conscious choice on the part of the writers or merely a byproduct of their MO of writing characters and scenes?

Are they so concerned with maintaining the concept of the "badass" that they are failing to write realistic characters?

I believe they are creating a product more than writing a story.

Jon didn't become KitN by hereditary right in the show, but he was proclaimed KitN by the Northern Lords (just as Robb was).   That's not an election (as we understand it) but it is an acclamation of someone to that position, for which we have the precedent of Robb.   Of the many (many, many, many) issues I have with the show, the actual proclamation of him as King doesn't bother me.  (That the Lords would have proclaimed him king under the circumstances they did, however, is another matter, but that aside ...)  Nor does it bother me that KitN and possession of the noble house of Winterfell should fall differently.  It does leave open the question of where Jon's court will be ... I'm sure they'll make some sh*t up to suit themselves.

I am of course bothered outrageously that neither Sansa nor Jon have mentioned Bran when the show has made a point of their both knowing he lives.  I assume they'll try to make a plot point of that later in some ham-fisted way. :dunno:

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Spacing guild or Bene Gesserit? 

Honored Matre.  Uses sex and violence to dominate men.

Oh.

Oh no...  Please don't let D&D ever hear about Dune.   oh god....

who am I kidding, KJA already did the same things to Dune that D&D did to ASoIaF.  Same cardboard zero dimensional characters, same plots that go nowhere or do nothing, same deus ex machina to wrap it all up, same fucking useless filler...

5 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Honored Matre.  Uses sex and violence to dominate men.

Oh.

Oh no...  Please don't let D&D ever hear about Dune.   oh god....

who am I kidding, KJA already did the same things to Dune that D&D did to ASoIaF.  Same cardboard zero dimensional characters, same plots that go nowhere or do nothing, same deus ex machina to wrap it all up, same fucking useless filler...

Maybe a truthsayer will turn up and have a nice long chat with Larry.

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

Like here: 

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-6/episode-10/houses/4/house-stark

The KitN (Jon) and the Lord/Lady of Winterfell (Sansa) is a different position?

In my eyes they are still both usurpers anyway; because they know Bran is alive.

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, it's weird. For thousands of years the lord or lady of Winterfell has always been understood to be the head of the North whether as king and then later Warden.

And if both Sansa and Jon know that Bran is alive, then it would seem both would simply tell the lords that Bran is alive, hence the rightful heir, and that both Jon and Sansa are acting on his authority until he is found.

I just don't see Jon or Sansa, at least their book characters, accepting or trying to grab power from Bran.

I don't know a lot about that, but I always thought that the head of House STark would be Kings and at the same time Lord

Shoud we suppose that this time there are two titles? The children of Sansa will inherit Winterfell and the children of Jon will inherit...the North? what will be Jon's castle if not Winterfell? will they share it?

I'm so confused.

How can she be Lady of Winterfell and Jon King? Does Lady of Wf mean something or is just a courtesy title, like Princess?

Anyway.....it's even more weird when the real heir is alive they know it, and won't inherit anything just because he is dealing with bigger issues

Archived