[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

1 hour ago, Stuart Littlefinger said:

So thanks to Varys, Dorne is allied with Dany, meaning Tyrion is on the same side as Ellaria Sand, who murdered his niece.

What happens when Tyrion finds out they did this? Or will Dumbass & Dumbass conveniently forget about this plot point like they did in Season 6 from episode 2 onwards?  

I can't help but think this is another corner they've written themselves into. I did enjoy Season 6 from a pure entertainment perspective but I can't help but think the finale was all just a massive cop-out. There was so much potential, but we never get to find out what everyone was actually up to and what their plans were, instead D&D just do it the lazy way and it's "and then they all died, the end."

To add to this:  Tyrion and Sansa were framed for murdering Joffrey.  This was planned and carried out by Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell.  They are each allied with people who plotted and worked to put them in harms way/found guilty and possibly executed for murdering a king.

Poor NCW. He's trying to make sense of the story, too. And this is telling:

What would it take for him to finally forsake [Cersei]?

I’ve asked myself that question quite a few times. This is such an extreme world, but I’m sure there are people in your life where you go, why in the hell are these people together? Their relationship is abusive, and why do people stay in that? Or even get addicted to dysfunctional relationships. But I don’t know how far he has to be pushed. If he can forgive her for this, I think he can forgive her for everything. She was responsible for genocide, she forced their last child to commit suicide. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being this is the moment when you have to leave, I think we are at 99.9. But it’s “Game of Thrones,” so you never know.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-6-finale-jaime-lannister-interview.html?_r=0

This is for compare and contrast, a book adaptation that's really faithful. Here's a script, and you can see all the script notes, where they tell the actors how the characters are feeling. You can click on the yellow parts for annotations by the script writers. They love the books, and you can just see the care and thought that goes into everything, they are going for capturing the spirit of the books, consistency, artistry... It's how this show could have been, too. (This is for the finale, by the way... it was a difficult book to adapt, several different time periods, and lots going on, but they did a really nice job of pulling everything together.)

http://www.outlandercommunity.com/index.php?f=insideoutlander&s=213

7 hours ago, Stuart Littlefinger said:

So thanks to Varys, Dorne is allied with Dany, meaning Tyrion is on the same side as Ellaria Sand, who murdered his niece.

What happens when Tyrion finds out they did this? Or will Dumbass & Dumbass conveniently forget about this plot point like they did in Season 6 from episode 2 onwards?  

I can't help but think this is another corner they've written themselves into. I did enjoy Season 6 from a pure entertainment perspective but I can't help but think the finale was all just a massive cop-out. There was so much potential, but we never get to find out what everyone was actually up to and what their plans were, instead D&D just do it the lazy way and it's "and then they all died, the end."

To answer your question, yes they will probably forget. They really don't respect their audience, because if they did they wouldn't treat them in this manner. They will probably make sure Tyrion never finds out about who killed Myrcerlla so it's okay for Tyron and the catwomen of Dorne to ally with each other. 

12 hours ago, Stuart Littlefinger said:

We've been discussing this point on another thread.

It would actually be rather a good plotline, to have Tyrion demanding justice for his murdered niece, and to have Daenerys torn between the need to keep Tyrion on side, and the need for the Dornish alliance.  And, it would be a credible way of having Daenerys encounter a major setback to her invasion, if she had to end up fighting some or all of the Dornish.

Whether the producers will make use of this or not, I don't know.

9 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It would actually be rather a good plotline, to have Tyrion demanding justice for his murdered niece, and to have Daenerys torn between the need to keep Tyrion on side, and the need for the Dornish alliance.  And, it would be a credible way of having Daenerys encounter a major setback to her invasion, if she had to end up fighting some or all of the Dornish.

Well "a man" seems to indicate they won't make use of it at all. Or Brienne killing Stannis + saving Sansa is another one of those indicators they don't use the possible conflict that's born out of their insane plot alterations, but magically wave it away. Tyrion will happily play slapsies with the Sand Snakes no doubt and exchange jokes with the Queen of Thorns.

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

I'm willing to bet money they won't. When they change the plot, they never bother to depict the logical consequences of those plot. They always just rubber band back to the list of plot points that GRRM gave them.

And since this Myrcella killed by SS is a made up plot by them, none of the logical consequences of that event will be followed through. 

Carol Awards in a week: http://www.fandomfollowing.com/carol-awards-trailer/ Almost 1900 votes.

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I'm willing to bet money they won't. When they change the plot, they never bother to depict the logical consequences of those plot. They always just rubber band back to the list of plot points that GRRM gave them.

And since this Myrcella killed by SS is a made up plot by them, none of the logical consequences of that event will be followed through. 

I mean Varys had to have known about this point when he made his alliance with Ellaria before Olenna got there. The only thing it could be setting up would be a Varys/Tyrion rift, and yet somehow I doubt Myrcella will even be mentioned again. Except maybe by Cheryl. For revenge.

Yep.  Me, too!  You hit the nail right on the head.  Another hand-waved "logical consequence" of Ellaria and the Sand Snakes murdering Myrcella would have been that nothing would have higher priority than making Dorne pay for Cercei and the rest of the Lannisters and Baratheons, etc.  Logically, Cercei would have had Jaime marching toward Dorne at the head of an army immediately while she could send virtually any other Lannister lackey to take back Riverrun:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Yep.  Me, too!  You hit the nail right on the head.  Another hand-waved "logical consequence" of Ellaria and the Sand Snakes murdering Myrcella would have been that nothing would have higher priority than making Dorne pay for Cercei and the rest of the Lannisters and Baratheons, etc.  Logically, Cercei would have had Jaime marching toward Dorne at the head of an army immediately while she could send virtually any other Lannister lackey to take back Riverrun:rolleyes:

Exactly...One would have thought Cersie would want vengeance for Myrcella, but she seems to have forgotten her. At least Marcella got a couple of tears, Tommen didn't even get that. When Tommen jumped out the window, I thought "hmmm...okay, I don't really like this plot but I guess it's the best revenge he could take on Cersie, break her heart as a repercussion for her actions."

His death didn't affect her at all. She didn't even pause for a second and wonder why Tommen had killed himself. No tears of self recriminations...nothing. It was such an empty scene devoid of any human emotions. It was really pathetic.

Bets on what Larry will do next. 

Should I stay or should I go? It's always tease tease tease. You're happy when I'm on my knees. One day it's fine and next it's black. So if you want me off your back... Well come on and let me know. Should I stay or should go. Should I stay or should I go now. If I go there will be trouble. And if I stay it will be double. So come on and let me know....

33 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Bets on what Larry will do next. 

Should I stay or should I go? It's always tease tease tease. You're happy when I'm on my knees. One day it's fine and next it's black. So if you want me off your back... Well come on and let me know. Should I stay or should go. Should I stay or should I go now. If I go there will be trouble. And if I stay it will be double. So come on and let me know....

They should absolutely make a sequel of the best Asoiaf adaptation, the musical.

Yup, after drilling into the viewer's head for 59 episodes how Cersei's one positive attribute is that she loves her children, it turns out she doesn't.

So then what exactly is her character at this point?

They said answering that question is so much of what next season is about. 

If only they would have Larry kill the Mountain... Now that would be dramatically satisfying.

12 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Yup, after drilling into the viewer's head for 59 episodes how Cersei's one positive attribute is that she loves her children, it turns out she doesn't.

My point precisely! Now compare that to Cat when Robb was killed at the RW. Her acting was outstanding, she broke my heart. That is how a caring mother ought to act. Her desperation to try to save her last surviving son really came through.

Now let's forget about motherhood for an instance and focus on normal family relations. Even Robb as a son and not a mother, showed more emotion upon hearing news of Ned's beheading than Cersie did upon hearing of the deaths of of her children, with Tommen being her last child. Again that scene of Robb hacking at the tree with his sword and weeping was heart wrenching, we the audience identified with the real, raw human emotions...that was when the show still had a soul. 

I don't even think D&D can answer that question. I don't mind them turning Cersie  into a cold, heartless monster, devoid of all emotion but they need to show us how it happened...the process she went through...you know her character arc/development. I didn't see that on the show at all. 

11 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

They said answering that question is so much of what next season is about. 

If only they would have Larry kill the Mountain... Now that would be dramatically satisfying.

Which means they haven't written it yet and have no clue lol.

2 hours ago, Aryya Stark said:

Which means they haven't written it yet and have no clue lol.

IMO that is partly why they need more time for writing for next season. They have not idea what step forward after the mess of this season. What to do with Dorne, with Euron, how can Cersei could rule KL after what she did...

18 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

IMO that is partly why they need more time for writing for next season. They have not idea what step forward after the mess of this season. What to do with Dorne, with Euron, how can Cersei could rule KL after what she did...

Agreed! Speaking of Euron, do they even have time to introduce him to the plot with only 13 episodes left? We only saw him killing Balon and at the Kingsmoot and that was it. It will probably be a rushed job and they will screw it up like they did with Doran Martell, 5 minutes on the screen and then they will kill him. Yara will probably do the deed because up till this point she is the only woman on team Dany who hasn't done any kinslaying lol. 

17 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

"I think you've got to start wondering 'what the hell's this plot?'"

Archived