Pokemon Go

Denvek

I hatched a 1212CP Aerodactyl today when walking to lunch. That was a pleasant surprise. Also got some good evolution fodder from some of my other 'mons.

I need to go back and rename all of my critters. I've gone through so many upgrades that all of my old ones have mostly cycled out. I'm going to catch a few more Tauros so when trading is eventually instituted I can exchange them for 'mon I need.

I don't know why I was thinking that northern Spain would have cool Pokemons. I got the same pidgies, rats, and metacarpies I get in Florida. Except for Abras. Thank goodness for that. I was able to evolve it. All the walking has netted me nothing good, but I'm currently incubating two 10ks. I also caught a Rhyhorn, enough to evolve it to a Rhydon. It's nice when your hotel is a stop and I can lure it. Tomorrow we leave for Italy. How about some other types? Geez.

12 hours ago, Baitac said:

Yes! I got it on the very first evening. I was just hoping for Ivysaurs or Drowzees. Something different. 

You can have some of my Drowzees. I'm swamped by them, even with keeping my Hypno powered up

It doesn't look like a fair fight when you hunt these things, but then once you have them they become fierce fighting monsters???    One way to spice this game up would be to include a mandatory Rectal Rumble Sensor (TM) that you'd insert so you could feel a monster kicking your ass.     Anyway, that's years from becoming a reality, so carry on.

On 9/3/2016 at 6:52 AM, Leap said:

Also, got a nearly 800cp Ponyta from a 5k earlier so that's pretty awesome... I hate the conflict of having high-cp 'mons with shit IV values, and vice versa. 

FYI, in my experieince, Ponytas do tend to have fairly high CPs. I know I've had quite a few at 700+ and 800+. So if yours doesn't have a good IV, don't be too concerned - you'll probably get a better candidate long before you have enough to evolve.

Re trading... If/when it does get introduced, I'm wondering if you'll have to be in the same location as somebody to trade, or if you'll be able to trade with somebody overseas. For example, here in Australia I might be able to get a Tauros from a US citizen who is visiting here or an Aussie who has been over there on holiday, but I can't trade with somebody currently there.

So, yeah - maybe it's Kangaskhan's all round for everyone here (I have about a dozen), or maybe not. :) 

OMG, I finally got enough Slowpokes to evolve a Slowbro and Bellsprouts to evolve a decent Victreebell. I'm one freakin' Nidoran (female) away from for a Nidoqueen, but the last three have all run away. I am quite sure you could hear my shrieks of rage 100 miles away. At least the last 'mon I caught was another Growlithe so hopefully I'll get to evolve that soon enough.

On 9/4/2016 at 7:02 PM, AndrewJ said:

FYI, in my experieince, Ponytas do tend to have fairly high CPs. I know I've had quite a few at 700+ and 800+. So if yours doesn't have a good IV, don't be too concerned - you'll probably get a better candidate long before you have enough to evolve.

Re trading... If/when it does get introduced, I'm wondering if you'll have to be in the same location as somebody to trade, or if you'll be able to trade with somebody overseas. For example, here in Australia I might be able to get a Tauros from a US citizen who is visiting here or an Aussie who has been over there on holiday, but I can't trade with somebody currently there.

So, yeah - maybe it's Kangaskhan's all round for everyone here (I have about a dozen), or maybe not. :) 

I've got all the Tauros's anyone could ever need. And I've got a virtual kennel full of 1500+ CP Flareons. They make efficient guard dogs.

Got a Growlithe to hatch, getting me close to an Arcanine. Growlithe, Drowzee, and Kabuto are all imminent. Nothing else is very close to evolving a new one.

I'm at level 17 now. I managed to level up about 2 levels in 20 mins by chomping on a lucky egg, putting a snare on a Pokestop, hatching an egg and walking around this area that has about 6 pokestops in a 30 second walk from each other. Also of course Evolving everything I had in my bag, which was pretty much everything I'd ever caught.

Having to transfer like 100 Droozies is pretty tedious though.

13 hours ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Up till I was level six or seven, all I saw were Doduos, pidgeys, ratatas, and zubats. At least pidgeys and ratatas are still useful.

Damn, I thought I'd encountered something really special.  

I always thought pikachus were similar to rats and pidgeys because they were the things that hung out near my mailbox.  Everyday, multiple pikachus and rats.  Now my friends come over specifically for a pikachu (thought pokemon go doesn't always work in my neighborhood, so they have to settle for just hanging out with me).  

Decided to do the mass evolution last night so I could clear out some of the resultant Raticates and such. All evolved 'mons ended up with good IV stats, although some of the movesets are a bit meh. I also tried to evolve another Vaporeon, but even with the naming trick, I got a Jolteon instead. Digging around the Internet, it seems that the naming trick now only works three times -- enough for each player to get one of each. So for those wanting to fill out their Pokedex, keep this in mind. I'm saving the rest of my Eevee candy and high IV Eevees for generation two, when we should be able to evolve Espeon and Umbreon. Once that's accomplished, I'll go about trying to max out my Vaporeon and Flareon.

Archived