Pokemon Go

Denvek

I was really happy when I caught my first Jynx, thinking it would be very rare, but I quickly found myself running into them all of the time, and hatching them often too. They aren't especially strong either, or at least the ones I have got aren't.

My most recent 10k eggs were very disappointing. I think the last one hatched an Eevee? (I don't recall if this was the 10 or 5k, I was walking two at the time)

9 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Hah - randomly found a Jynx in Chicago as well. And in the past couple of days have found nothing interesting (except that I now have enough Polliwag candies to evolve my Polliwhirl into a Polliwrath, which is pretty cool).  

I need to find the new Snorlax spawning place.  Seems like everyone has one but me.

most of those come out of eggs.

Yeah - I got a Jynx from an egg and have never seen one in the wild. Porygon is my great white whale.

Doduo on the other hand... when the game first came out, the most common pokemon to find around here were Zubats, Rats, Pidgeys and... Doduos. Zubats were probably the most common, with Doduos a close second. They were everywhere. They dried up significantly with the first spawn migration, however. I've seen some since - but they're few and far between.

14 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

most of those come out of eggs.

Good to know.  I had heard there was a spawning spot north of the Reservoir in Central Park though. . . Now to get another 10K egg.  

11 hours ago, Starkess said:

My Pokedex is at 116 and I still don't have a Jynx. :( 

WOW.  Everyone has such full Pokedexes!  I am only at 97.

• 2 weeks later...

The funny thing is that I was walking my Cubone when all of this happened. I could have been walking something "better." I was able to evolve my Haunter, and obviously my Cubone. I caught a Hitmonchan. I'm in level 27 with 129 caught and 136 seen. I just got back from Chicago. Where I live the only thing I'd seen but not caught was a Lapras. Now I've "seen" a Venosaur, a Charizard, a Machamp, a Golem, an Aerodactyl, and a Dragonite. The only one I'll be able to get realistically is the Venosaur. The others? Not so much.

16 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I finally hatched a Snorlax. 

damn girl.  i'm jealous.  I've just been collecting meowths over here.  and i never see drowzees, so that's kind of nice.  i'm walking a pikachu.  it isn't a great one, but i'd love to have a raichu just because.  heading to chicago and north carolina soon (but after halloween) so hope to pick up some more different kinds.  chicago was good to me last time.

To "walk" a Pokemon, click on your character icon in the bottom left to bring up your character sheet. From there, click on the "burger" button (options menu) and select "Buddy" to choose your buddy. Once you've done it, you'll see your buddy pokemon depicted both on the character sheet and the character icon on the main screen.

Then... walk. :)

(Later, from the character sheet, you can tap the picture of your buddy to bring up info re kms to walk to get candy)

Archived