A Fitting Ending for the Starks

Wolf's Bane

The original title for the last book was "A Time for Wolves".  Jojen told Bran that the "wolves will come again."  I hope the meaning is quite literal.  It would make for both a bittersweet ending and a thoroughly satisfactory one. 

A fitting ending for the remaining Starks is to die during the start of the long winter and live on as direwolves in their second lives.  Rickon, Jon, Bran, and Arya all dying as humans but living on as spirits within their direwolves.  They can no longer rule the North as men in the world of humans, but they can rule the Northern woods and forests as a direwolf pack.  Sansa will die too but she doesn't get a second life because her dw is dead. 

8 minutes ago, Steelshanks Walton said:

A fitting ending for the remaining Starks is to die during the start of the long winter and live on as direwolves in their second lives. 

I like it.  The remaining Starks will die, become direwolves, and live as a pack in the north. 

23 minutes ago, Steelshanks Walton said:

The original title for the last book was "A Time for Wolves".  Jojen told Bran that the "wolves will come again."  I hope the meaning is quite literal.  It would make for both a bittersweet ending and a thoroughly satisfactory one. 

A fitting ending for the remaining Starks is to die during the start of the long winter and live on as direwolves in their second lives.  Rickon, Jon, Bran, and Arya all dying as humans but living on as spirits within their direwolves.  They can no longer rule the North as men in the world of humans, but they can rule the Northern woods and forests as a direwolf pack.  Sansa will die too but she doesn't get a second life because her dw is dead. 

How ridiculous. I'm glad GRRM is writing this story and not some others cause the things y'all come up with is no words. 

8 minutes ago, The Transporter said:

I like it.  The remaining Starks will die, become direwolves, and live as a pack in the north. 

And their third and final life will be as hunting trophies above Roose Bolton's chimney.

3 hours ago, The Wolves said:

How ridiculous. I'm glad GRRM is writing this story and not some others cause the things y'all come up with is no words. 

I often see posters advocating ending up in a direwolf as a desirable end for Arya though. If that's such a good end why not have it happen to all the Starks with direwolves?

4 hours ago, Steelshanks Walton said:

Wait, what?  That's a fitting end to you?  Seems a right shit end to me and were that to happen I would be profoundly disappointed in the entire series.  

45 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

I often see posters advocating ending up in a direwolf as a desirable end for Arya though. If that's such a good end why not have it happen to all the Starks with direwolves?

people actually put that forward as a good end for Arya?  

Hogwash. That's a terrible end for Arya and any of the Starks.  

I like the idea but it woulda been better if Grey Wind escaped the Red Wedding and Ned let Lady escape. My idea for bittersweet is Stark house on the brink, as it is now, shoot 50 years into the future for epilogue of final book with a battle hardened king Rickon Stark executing a Bolton/Frey/Lannister with his sons watching going full circle with Ned.

1 hour ago, Winter's Cold said:

People are also advocating for a romance between her and Gendry, for Stannis to end up on the iron Throne, for Jon Snow staying dead and other ridiculous stuff.

Only because somebody puts forth an idea doesn't mean its a good one.

My story

Sansa falls in love with Harrold Hardyng. She convinces him to plot against Littlefinger and save her cousin from being killed which he does. Sweet Robin appoints Harrold as Lord Protector of the Vale and he gives him the necessary resources to save the North. In the end she’s appointed Lady of Harrenhal (a small kindness from her Uncle Edmure) and she lives happily after in Harrenhal with her knight in shining armour.

News of Danny’s arrival to Westeros soon after the Riverlands and the North had been liberated. The news are quite disturbing. Danny managed to burnt the Reach-Lannister forces to a crisp and is now marching North to put the other regions in place. Jon Snow and Harrold march their armies south and negotiations are made with Danny joining forces with the North. At one point Jon Snow falls in love with Danny and he manages to control one of the dragons. He ends up marrying Danny and live most of his life in KL.

Bran arrives soon after Harrold and Jon Snow had liberated the North. He marches with them to meet Danny and he uses his power to control the third dragon. After they defeat the whitewalkers he decide to reject his title and lands and opt to live in neck with Lady Meera. Occasionally he visits his sister at Harrenhal although he does vanish occasionally to the Isles of Faces.

Arya Stark returns to Westeros were she kills a number of people (including Jamie, Walder, Lady Stoneheart+ 1 between Roose or Ramsey). Following news that Danny wants to march North she decides to kill her but she fails thanks to Tyrion noticing her plot. She does manage to kill Selmy though which would prove a big shock to her and that will bring her back to her senses. Tyrion intercedes for her, Danny permits a trial by combat, Arya decides to represent herself and she ends up being pitted against Danny’s new QG Sandor Clegane. Sandor allows the girl to kill him in a bid to win his redemption. Arya ends up marrying Gendry and she is appointed Lady of the Dreadfort. They live free and happy ever after. 

Rickon ends up Lord Paramount of the North. He marries one of the Manderlys girls and he lives happily ever after.

7 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Only some do. Usually people who see no worth in her or want her out of the way for obvious reasons

Also when grrm talks bittersweet for the ending... it's usually Arya that gets the shit end of the stick. She doesn't deserve any kind of long term happiness. It's just so reductive reading this same basic and boring ending for a character that deserves better. 

I personally think she will survive the series, rule in some way and carry on the Stark name.

12 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Seriously. Don't know if the op read the same books as others, but no where in any time and space does that make sense. Not even for Rickon, the most often forgotten Stark kid. 

8 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

This is actually quite tame compared to other proposed outcomes for the Starks. One of the worst threads was the "Arya's Death in the Riverlands" thread. Some of the fantasized endings were just disturbing -- disturbing in a "I think you should seek professional psychiatric help to overcome what is obviously a serious psychological defect" kind of way.

1 hour ago, Red Man Racey said:

This is actually quite tame compared to other proposed outcomes for the Starks. 

Yeah, I've come across a few and usually jump away from those threads as soon as I get a whif of the stink.  They just weird me out and I wonder where all this comes from. 

Like you said though, some of these threads are very disturbing. 

3 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Only some do. Usually people who see no worth in her or want her out of the way for obvious reasons

Also when grrm talks bittersweet for the ending... it's usually Arya that gets the shit end of the stick. She doesn't deserve any kind of long term happiness. It's just so reductive reading this same basic and boring ending for a character that deserves better. 

I personally think she will survive the series, rule in some way and carry on the Stark name.

In ASOİAF characters usually get something they don't want so ı believe arya will be queen or will rule winterfell.I hate people always think she will die.  I just wanna believe she will be Queen.Like ned told her.

4 minutes ago, Moirainee said:

In ASOİAF characters usually get something they don't want so ı believe arya will be queen or will rule winterfell.I hate people always think she will die.  I just wanna believe she will be Queen.Like ned told her.

Why a queen?  Not everyone can be the king or queen at the end of the series and she is so far removed from...  Literally everything else going on, that I just don't see it. 

I don't see her dying though.  

Archived