For FUN: What excluded moment from the books do you wish was included in the show?

Lady Noble

58 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Sandor telling his story, and Sansa's response

Oh yeah. The scene was so intense and important for their relationship. It's such a shame they gave it to LF and that Sandor tells his story to Arya, not to Sansa. I can't recall, if it was the case in the books.

12 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

-Jaime burning Cersei's letter

This too.

I also remembered a scene from ADwD, where Jaime walks in the tent of Lord Bracken while the latter was having sex. And Jaime started discuss some military stuff with him as nothing happens. The scene is really funny, I think it would add some comic touch.

19 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Oh yeah. The scene was so intense and important for their relationship. It's such a shame they gave it to LF and that Sandor tells his story to Arya, not to Sansa. I can't recall, if it was the case in the books.

Arya realizes what he's been through a different way. That's the start of her realizing he's Sandor, not the Hound. At the end of the fight with Beric, instead of laughing, like they had him do on the show, Sandor cries.

"Please," Sandor Clegane rasped, cradling his arm. "I'm burned. Help me. Someone. Help me." He was crying. "Please."

Arya looked at him in astonishment. He's crying like a little baby, she thought.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Arya realizes what he's been through a different way. That's the start of her realizing he's Sandor, not the Hound. At the end of the fight with Beric, instead of laughing, like they had him do on the show, Sandor cries.

"Please," Sandor Clegane rasped, cradling his arm. "I'm burned. Help me. Someone. Help me." He was crying. "Please."

Arya looked at him in astonishment. He's crying like a little baby, she thought.

I remember it. But in the show Sandor told her about his burns. IIRC it never happened in the books, only Sansa knew.

On 9/8/2016 at 6:32 AM, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I remember it. But in the show Sandor told her about his burns. IIRC it never happened in the books, only Sansa knew.

Yes. He told only Sansa. She looks back and thinks she knows the secret of his burned face, she understands. Of course, in the show she knows, too.

Here's that:

I wish the Hound were here. The night of the battle, Sandor Clegane had come to her chambers to take her from the city, but Sansa had refused. Sometimes she lay awake at night, wondering if she’d been wise. She had his stained white cloak hidden in a cedar chest beneath her summer silks. She could not say why she’d kept it. The Hound had turned craven, she heard it said; at the height of the battle, he got so drunk the Imp had to take his men. But Sansa understood. She knew the secret of his burned face. It was only the fire he feared. That night, the wildfire had set the river itself ablaze, and filled the very air with green flame. Even in the castle, Sansa had been afraid. Outside… she could scarcely imagine it.

16 hours ago, Cron said:

Oh, was Brienne called that in the books???

If so, I had totally forgotten that.

In AFfC, in front of Lady Stoneheart!

8 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yes. Come, curse me, or kiss me, or call me a liar... You are still maiden, I hope? Oh, good. I only rescue maidens... You ought to be blowing me kisses, wench... Returned safely to King's Landing by Brienne, the Maid of Tarth... Put this in the fire...

Yeah!

"I never win anything," Dolorous Edd complained. "The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall?" Grenn wanted to know. "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No," said Dolorous Edd. "He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

And many more Dolorous Edd moments.

"We'll defend the Wall to the last man."  "Probably me", said Dolorous Edd in a resigned voice.

"I just want to say to whoever is voting for me, I would certainly make an awful Lord Commander. But so would these others"

Weasel Soup would have been fun to see. Also, even though it hasn't happened in the books yet, Davos's adventure on Skagos would have been exciting.

On September 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Cron said:

Well, I have a "good" reason for it, from a storytelling standpoint:

It will make Jaime turning on Cersei all the more believable.  Jaime actually LOVES Cersei, he has NEVER been with any other woman.  In the books, Jaime is VERY upset by what Tyrion and Lancel (I believe) tell him about Cersei having sex with multiple (if not numerous) other men.

By taking this stuff out of the show, they are making Cersei look better and Jaime look worse (if and when he crosses Cersei off)

I don't know. In my opinion, Jaime killing Cersei because she massacred a bunch of people is much more sympathetic than him killing her because she cheated on him.

2 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

Weasel Soup would have been fun to see. Also, even though it hasn't happened in the books yet, Davos's adventure on Skagos would have been exciting.

I don't know. In my opinion, Jaime killing Cersei because she massacred a bunch of people is much more sympathetic than him killing her because she cheated on him.

Well, I think it's a cumulative effect, and while Cersei crossing off all those people IS a much more extreme act, I think Cersei cheating on Jaime is MUCH more personal to Jaime.  When that is combined with what Cersei did at the Sept, it might make it all that much more believable for Jaime to cross off Cersei.

On 6 settembre 2016 at 5:25 PM, Lady Noble said:

It's when Lady Ravella insists Ayra be dressed proper.

On 7 settembre 2016 at 10:09 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Jaime burning Cersei's letter

On 8 settembre 2016 at 1:19 AM, Nevets said:

AFFC - Arya meeting Sam and hanging out with the Braavosi and actually learning stuff.

AFFC - Brienne defending the orphans.  And losing half her face in the process

On 8 settembre 2016 at 1:19 AM, Nevets said:

ASOS - Jaime telling Tyrion the truth about Tysha.

I agree with the above mentioned scenes.

Plus, I would add:

- ASoS: the Tyrion - Sansa scene of the the overcooked peas; i've actually been surprised they cut it off because it's the kind of  funny scene that would go well in the show

Spoiler

I … I am sorry that my lord husband is displeased.”
Any displeasure I’m feeling has naught to do with pease. I have Joffrey and my sister to displease me, and my lord father, and three hundred bloody Dornishmen.” He had settled Prince Oberyn and his lords in a cornerfort facing the city, as far from the Tyrells as he could put them without evicting them from the Red Keep entirely. It was not nearly far enough. Already there had been a brawl in a Flea Bottom pot-shop that left one Tyrell man-at-arms dead and two of Lord Gargalen’s scalded, and an ugly confrontation in the yard when Mace Tyrell’s wizened little mother called Ellaria Sand “the serpent’s whore.” Every time he chanced to see Oberyn Martell the prince asked when the justice would be served. Overcooked pease were the least of Tyrion’s troubles, but he saw no point in burdening his young wife with any of that. Sansa had enough griefs of her own.

“The pease suffice,” he told her curtly. “They are green and round, what more can one expect of pease? Here, I’ll have another serving, if it please my lady.” He beckoned, and Podrick Payne spooned so many pease onto his plate that Tyrion lost sight of his mutton. That was stupid, he told himself. Now I have to eat them all, or she’ll be sorry all over again.

- ASoS: when Sansa thinks she'd rather have another wedding with Tyrion than marry Robin Arryn 

Spoiler

“I will tell my aunt that I don’t want to marry Robert. … Sansa felt sorry for her little cousin sometimes, but she could not imagine ever wanting to be his wife. I would sooner be married to Tyrion again.

- ADwD: when Tyrion is about to eat the mushrooms he thinks Illyrio poisoned, because he's having suicidal thoughts after the murders of Shae and Tywin

Spoiler
"In the Seven Kingdoms it is considered a grave breach of hospitality to poison your guest at supper."
"Here as well." Illyrio Mopatis reached for his wine cup. "Yet when a guest plainly wishes to end his own life, why, his host must oblige him, no?" He took a gulp. "Magister Ordello was poisoned by a mushroom not half a year ago. The pain is not so much, I am told. Some cramping in the gut, a sudden ache behind the eyes, and it is done. Better a mushroom than a sword through your neck, is it not so? Why die with the taste of blood in your mouth when it could be butter and garlic?" 
The dwarf studied the dish before him. The smell of garlic and butter had his mouth watering. Some part of him wanted those mushrooms, even knowing what they were. He was not brave enough to take cold steel to his own belly, but a bite of mushroom would not be so hard. That frightened him more than he could say".

- Garlan Tyrell as a character

- Badass Genna Lannister as a character 

On 9/9/2016 at 4:02 AM, The Princess of Ghosts said:

I too wanted to see all the heart-wrenching Jaime/Brienne scenes and the Nice oak tree scene, but I really missed Davos' journey in the Sisters and White harbour. Also (I haven't seen S5 and S6) but I think there weren't Frey pies? I love me some Frey pie.

Spoiler

No there were "Frey pies" in S6 only it wasn't Wyman

Proper Dorne storyline with Arianne, Darkstar, YG included later on if they want to but maybe also Sarella like most interesting Sand Snake. Also they would do with Willas Tyrell in Highgarden because dude is heir to this place.

Manderly's speech and actually Northern Houses to remember that they swore a vow to Starks and North Remembers. In the show only Mormonts, Hornwoods and Mazins. Others just oh let them fight and then okay we're gonna go with you Jon. Also Robb's will.

Jon and Arya actualy thinking and talking about each other.

Stark children to have meaningul relationship with their direwolves. Not just have them on the show and kill them left, right and center afterwards.

Theon's confession in the Godswood.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Proper Dorne storyline with Arianne, Darkstar, YG included later on if they want to but maybe also Sarella like most interesting Sand Snake. Also they would do with Willas Tyrell in Highgarden because dude is heir to this place.

Manderly's speech and actually Northern Houses to remember that they swore a vow to Starks and North Remembers. In the show only Mormonts, Hornwoods and Mazins. Others just oh let them fight and then okay we're gonna go with you Jon. Also Robb's will.

Jon and Arya actualy thinking and talking about each other.

Stark children to have meaningul relationship with their direwolves. Not just have them on the show and kill them left, right and center afterwards.

Theon's confession in the Godswood.

^This it's like George wrote that scene with the show in mind because that wouldn't of been expensive to do

I would be happy with them writing some good lines for dany ..

More inner thoughts and doubts of daenerys and her view about how queenships is duty and not right ..

Quotes like " a queen does not belong to herself but for her people " .." Why do god produce kings and queens if not to protect those who can't protect themselves " ..." A Queen should put her people first" .." A queen should listen to all counsel" ..." I know what Argon proved ,I  intend to prove something myself "

out ofall these dany  quotes not even one of them was used.  

Tyrion giving a speech about dany to YG ...it showed the hardships and struggles dany has encountered and overcome..instead of this we got skeptic tyrion questioning jorah and about her being mad king daughter and all jorah could do in reply was say he watched she came out of fire ..

Instead of writing her as daenerys and rhaegar's sister ...show has been doing her as viserys come again and as mad king's daughter since season 2 ..

3 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

Without throwing a major wrench into what the show has decided to do (like Northern Lords fighting for the Starks), I'd have to go this for what the show could realistically add.  I mean, they f***ing had him audition that, and decided to give it to Littlefinger....

I damn near flew out of my chair when he shouted "LOOK AT ME!"

Archived