US Elections - Could this be an American Brexit?

zelticgar

1 minute ago, Boris the Blade said:

I'm going to float this idea: some states count their votes by computer.

Hacking, particularly by Russia, has been a big problem this election.

So........ 

Stop being a conspiracy theorist.  We're better than that. 

2 minutes ago, Boris the Blade said:

So........ 

No, the country just sucks this much.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Well, Trump voters, if you thought government was terrible and corrupt before, you ain't seen nothing yet.

But at least it will be bigoted, prejudiced, racist and misogynist.

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I left work, but I'm just sitting in the car. Too shaky to drive.

Breathe, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Smell the flowers, blow out the candles.

:grouphug:

I've been watching Westworld and I started reading "Good Omens" for the first time over the weekend. Both quote Shakespeare: "Hell is empty and the devils are here". 

It's going to be a new world. Stay safe, everyone. 

Worth noting, after tonight the Democratic will be at a lower ebb of political power than any other major US political party has been. Maybe the Whigs after they started breaking apart compare, but that's it.

Republicans control all the levers and can basically do as they please.

Yep, Wisconsin looks like a lost cause. It's over.

I really can't believe this country elected this nitwit.

Even though Trump might lose the popular vote and probably won't win the way Obama did, I'm sure the Republicans will call this a "mandate".

Here comes the crazy.

2 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Remember that only the head dipshit and a small minority in the senate/house are going to be anywhere near the level you're describing.  Most of the house/senate will still be the same old same old, but they will just lie in a way that's pleasing to those to the right side of middle instead of those to the left side of middle. 

No. They will control everything. No checks or balances. There is no need to appeal to the middle anymore. We are in for a world of pain.

3 minutes ago, Boris the Blade said:

So........ 

No. It's not Putin or Comey or Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. It's us. It's just us.

Just now, Fez said:

Worth noting, after tonight the Democratic will be at a lower ebb of political power than any other major US political party has been. Maybe the Whigs after they started breaking apart compare, but that's it.

Nah. Republicans in 1936.

1 minute ago, Fez said:

This is my point and if anyone has been paying attention the last year, you have to know that this is bad.

3 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

Nah, I think that's exaggerating a bit. It's just the worst thing to happen to this country in our lifetimes, that's all.

:grouphug:

I want to believe you.  But I dont. 8 years of clawing and scratching to get out of that recession and it's going to be gone before the inauguration.  I'm not usually a gloom or doom kind of guy.  This is not something America can recover from.  This is going to be very shaky over the next four years when the only things Trump accomplishes are things that will make the lives of the people that voted for him poorer with no Healthcare, no jobs, no prospects of jobs...and the things he just cant do that these people wanted: the wall doesn't go up, the borders don't close...they won't be happy...

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yep, Wisconsin looks like a lost cause. It's over.

I really can't believe this country elected this nitwit.

Even though Trump might lose the popular vote and probably won't win the way Obama did, I'm sure the Republicans will call this a "mandate".

Here comes the crazy.

I'm now wondering what the chances of a US default in the next four years now look like...

Archived