US Elections - Could this be an American Brexit?

zelticgar

2 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Wisconsin is at 97% reported with 80k for Trump.  We're getting close to bed time. 

MSNBC is holding off calling MI and PA because of provisional and absentee ballots in large dem precincts that could amount to tens or even hundreds of thousands of votes.  Dunno about WI, but maybe it's a factor there too?

7 minutes ago, The Mance said:

MSNBC is holding off calling MI and PA because of provisional and absentee ballots in large dem precincts that could amount to tens or even hundreds of thousands of votes.  Dunno about WI, but maybe it's a factor there too?

I'm putting my faith in our Google overlords. If they say it's over, I'm going with that.  They've given Trump PA. 

I'm one of those people that puts no stock in anything I see in the major media networks, whether it goes with my bias or against it.  MSNBC is IMO the second most useless out there. 

God I hate Trump, but the Dems are gonna take this one on the chin because they took it for granted.  Feel like there was a sense from the beginning among democrats that it was Clintons turn.  

I mean, Trump is horrifying - full stop - but she was not the right person to combat an outsider in a year when being an insider was profoundly uncool.  Before any liberals go jumping off a bridge, just remember that the demographics are still in our favor.  Just gotta get through to the midterms and vote.  And hopefully someone emerges who can take trump out in 2020.  

I truly believe that if the Dems had run literally almost anyone else, we wouldn't be in this situation.  

Just now, S John said:

God I hate Trump, but the Dems are gonna take this one on the chin because they took it for granted.  Feel like there was a sense from the beginning among democrats that it was Clintons turn.  

I mean, Trump is horrifying - full stop - but she was not the right person to combat an outsider in a year when being an insider was profoundly uncool.  Before any liberals go jumping off a bridge, just remember that the demographics are still in our favor.  Just gotta get through to the midterms and vote.  And hopefully someone emerges who can take trump out in 2020.  

I truly believe that if the Dems had run literally almost anyone else, we wouldn't be in this situation.  

As someone who leans Republican on most issues, I hope we can say the same thing.  F*** the incumbent if he wins tonight. 

8 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

I'm putting my faith in our Google overlords. If they say it's over, I'm going with that.  They've given Trump PA. 

I'm one of those people that puts no stock in anything I see in the major media networks, whether it goes with my bias or against it.  MSNBC is IMO the second most useless out there. 

Our Google Overlords are showing me Trump has 276/270.

Edit: With a little check mark beside his name. 

One of the main reasons Clinton lost is because of her lack of getting the Bernie support in Michigan, Wisconsin to her side .  She took them for granted and that ultimately made them less enthusiastic about the outcome of this thing . 

Second big thing is many people just did not want a woman to be President in the non-urban areas and the old people .  We can talk about racism as the base of the Trump supporters but many of the undecided people were just plain sexist who knew they hated Trump but couldn't get a woman elected .

The most worrying thing about his actions as President for me personally would be him going back on Paris climate deal . That would be just disastrous as finally the world had come to some sort of agreement about the planet and going back on that would just be the worst thing possible we might never be able to make a deal like that again .

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Tired and drunk. Feel you bro.

I'm not drunk.  Scary night where apparently I said worse than Trump things while blacked out put an end to that.  I'm also of the opinion that I was choosing between the Joker and Bane, so I've already resigned myself to the outcome of the election. I'm more interested in how the Senate/House responds to his win, and if Republicans there move further right.  That would be the worst disaster in my mind.  

1 minute ago, brAnthelAstgreenseer said:

The most worrying thing about his actions as President for me personally would be him going back on Paris climate deal . That would be just disastrous as finally the world had come to some sort of agreement about the planet and going back on that would just be the worst thing possible we might never be able to make a deal like that again .

Well, between that, the end of Roe v. Wade, and American foreign policy as dictated by the Kremlin.

Archived