HBO's Westworld(v4)- What door? [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:16 PM, williamjm said:

If I remember correctly, she was a 14 originally before being upgraded.

Also, there's no way Sylvester got a 14 for intelligence.

I'm doing a re-watch, and so far at the beginning Maeve was failing at convincing customers to have sex with her (or anyone else), so she was going to be taken out, and one of the behaviour guys suggested her aggression be increased by 10% and another said, no make it 20%, prostitutes are aggressive. When sent back out, she was still having problems, and Stubbs allows her to be left in for the night in case a customer wanted her, and then she's to be taken in for de-commissioning.

Elsie then sees her and tweeks her, making her more perceptive rather than having her decommissioned. Her perception rate was raised by 1.5%. No reference, so far, about her level in Episode 3. Felix and Sylvester have done surgery on her, and I believe that Sylvester says she had an MRSA in her belly, which makes me wonder what the hell is in their blood if they can pick up serious infections. Sylvester makes pithy comments about the careless cleanliness habits of others, then Maeve wakes up, scares the shit out of them, and runs off.

I know there's a lot more about Maeve so I'll keep watching.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:02 AM, Free Northman Reborn said:

I think the "Bernard is Arnold's clone" theory is just about a slam dunk. I watched episode 1 again, and the scene where Abernathy meets his creator(s) is a dead giveaway. When he says he is there to meet his Maker, Ford first looks at Bernard, and then replies: " You are in luck, what do you want to say to your creator?" Clear hint that either both of them are the creator, or else Bernard is in fact the creator and not Ford.

And then when Abernathy replies, he says that he has something to say to "Both of you". Clearly he too recognizes Bernard as his creator/co-creator.

Lastly, I wonder if Arnold did not deliberately transfer his consciousness into a host, as a joint experiment by Ford and Arnold to try and find a path to eternal life. And Ford is managing Arnold's clone to help him achieve full consciousness, before Ford follows suit. And his haste is to do so before his death.

And the Man in Black perhaps suspects something along those lines, and is eager to be in on the secret to eternal life, before he dies.

Or maybe his two creators were in the room? Bernard has been around 'forever' and has created many hosts. In fact, after Abernathy and the milk-drinking host are marched off to the decommissioned robot storage room, Bernard and Ford have a chat about how upset Bernard is to have decommissioned them.  He says to Ford something like, 'You taught me how to create them but not how to destroy them', or words to that effect.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I feel the sarcasm right there. I think events going forward hinge a whole lot on Maeve. She basically has free reign of the park as a host, anything but just a whore. 

Yep, sarcasm, because of what a certain poster said a few threads ago. Dont mind me i had a few drinks this fine evening

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yep, sarcasm, because of what a certain poster said a few threads ago. Dont mind me i had a few drinks this fine evening

To be fair, despite whatever previous comment the poster made, @Guess who's back has a valid point here. It is a little hard to believe that Felix and Sylvester -- two body shop butchers -- can make all these modifications without raising any flags. It is reasonable to assume that Delos should have some security measures in place to prevent lowly techs from making unauthorised modifications to a host, unless someone(s) higher up the food chain wants this to happen. I'm not ready to call plot hole just yet -- I'll wait and see how it plays out first.

8 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Well we already know someone with a much higher security clearance was fucking with Maeve before the two idiots started messing with her. I'm also holding out that Ford is aware of what's going on with Maeve.

Agree with you on that, I am sure Ford knows. I remember him saying that he knows all that happens there. 

Well, okay then. I was wrong, the two timelines stuff is correct. But it feels less like a twist and more like a trick due to things such as none of the hosts showed mechanical parts the way Dolores did up until that scene, including the one that exploded, and the various editing tricks to splice together scenes across timelines. Not a fan. 

With the timelines confirmed, are we sure William is the MiB? Seems like Logan is pretty decent guess too at this point. After all, he's the one that opened Dolores, and the MiB said he opened a host up once.

I'm still not sure if Ford knows about what Maeve is up to; but its not good either way. If he doesn't know, than that entire plot line has been unforgivably stupid and its such a fatal flaw that I'll stop watching. If he does know, that problem is erased, but is replaced by the problem that there is no central conflict for the season; Ford would be all-knowing and all-powerful and nothing is actually challenging him. 

If Ford does know, I assume his new narrative is a host uprising led by Maeve; and the Wyatt/Ghost Nation stuff is all a head-fake.

But Teddy is Wyatt, right? But did he actually shoot up a town once, or is that a fake memory the hosts have?

The Bernard is a host of Arnold reveal was well-done. I liked it.

Well that certainly set us up for a finale.

Bernard based on Arnold as expected. Delores killed Arnold in some incident. Not yet reveales that William is a different timeline than MiB but a big clue.  Delores running away and losing the stomach wound points toward two timelines. In the healed timeline she runs into MiB. On the other hand, the William storyline is different than what MiB would have us believe about his history in the park and the first time he did something bad only a year ago with Maeve  

Maeve storyline coming to a head in the real world  I'm withholding judgment as to whether it's a plot hole  

MiB is a board member and the one that kept Ford in charge. He is also behind the IP theft  

The penultimate episode needed to answer questions and boy did it. The Delores with William is an old cybernetic model, pretty much confirming William is The MiB. We've been seeing her in different timelines and the present day Delores has been following the same path that she took with William. Each time took her to the church and then to Arnold/Bernard.

That reveal was kind of a gut punch because it compounds just how badly Ford fucked over Arnold. It seems that Ford used Delores to kill Arnold just as he has used Bernard to kill Theresa and Elsie...never getting his own hands dirty.

The kicker, though, is that while Ford had his backdoor to defeat Bernard, Arnold's backdoor is deeper. "These violent delights bring violent ends" is the code that Abernathy used to re-awaken Delores who in turn awoken Maive. I can't wait for the finale. 

4 minutes ago, Fez said:

Well, okay then. I was wrong, the two timelines stuff is correct. But it feels less like a twist and more like a trick due to things such as none of the hosts showed mechanical parts the way Dolores did up until that scene, including the one that exploded, and the various editing tricks to splice together scenes across timelines. Not a fan. 

With the timelines confirmed, are we sure William is the MiB? Seems like Logan is pretty decent guess too at this point. After all, he's the one that opened Dolores, and the MiB said he opened a host up once.

William has the same coloring as MiB. Logan is brown haired and eyed. It fits better that the park turned William into a ruthless person who would leave the park changed. I think it's likely that he leaves the park turns the tables on Logan in the business world. I don't think Logan is as smart as he thinks he is.

If it's true, it's kind of sad that the only two decent real people when the show began were Bernard and William. One is a robot and the other got completely corrupted

So the photo is of William's fiancée. Nice touch. It appears again that the William/Dolores arc is at least set in the past. Remains to be seen whether William=MiB. William sure amputated a lot of the hosts in that scene.

Loved the reveal of Bernard based on Arnold, even if it was expected. Ford is fantastic.

Still anxious to see how Maeve's arc is wrapped up. I wasn't a big fan of her scene with Bernard. She reeks a bit of plot armor. In spite of my concerns with her arc, I have faith in it all clicking after next week's episode, where it appears she's dressed as Hale.

MiB as a board member is no shock, but I got a kick out of Hale approaching him during his play time for the vote.

16 minutes ago, Astromech said:

So the photo is of William's fiancée. Nice touch. It appears again that the William/Dolores arc is at least set in the past. Remains to be seen whether William=MiB. William sure amputated a lot of the hosts in that scene.

Yeah, I just went back to episode 1 where Abernathy showed Delores the picture. It is the same one Logan had in this episode. And yeah, I'm sure William opened up a BUNCH of the soldiers in that massacre. 

12 hours ago, Consigliere said:

To be fair, despite whatever previous comment the poster made, @Guess who's back has a valid point here. It is a little hard to believe that Felix and Sylvester -- two body shop butchers -- can make all these modifications without raising any flags. It is reasonable to assume that Delos should have some security measures in place to prevent lowly techs from making unauthorised modifications to a host, unless someone(s) higher up the food chain wants this to happen. I'm not ready to call plot hole just yet -- I'll wait and see how it plays out first.

The Maeve thing is quite simple to explain for me and the explanation is Doylist before we get into the possible contrivances: her entire plot requires her to gain things from people who not only don't want to give it to her, shouldn't actually be able to in a sane system. 

So every moment of her bootstrapping runs into this same issue again and again. The same cycle of reluctance and resistance and then success and on and on. At a certain point it wears on people

If you buy it you buy it I guess, if you consider the message of emancipation worth it or uplifting the same applies but it's not a surprise that people's reaction is:"Come on, really?", despite their attempts to justify each case.

I don't think it's a plot hole, nor do I think anyone is behind it (it weakens her in the role she's currently playing). It's probably just a contrivance or a string of them.

Archived