Football: Showdown Sunday

AncalagonTheBlack

7 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Where next for 1860 if they can't get a license? The regional leagues?

Presumably the amount needed for license varies between teams? For the smaller 3. Liga clubs €10m must be far more than they could afford.

Yes, that would under normal circumstances be the next stop. But I have no idea what is going to happen with that freakshow. I guess we'll know more tomorrow, that's when the cash has to be there.

The licensing process it self is there to ensure that the clubs starting in the 3. Liga provide the economical, and technical-logistical framework to be able to participate in that league. Means, the Football Association and the Football league want to make sure the clubs are able to play an entire season without filing for bankcruptcy (economical aspect) and that their playing facilities are of a sufficient standard (logitical aspect). The FA is responsible for the 3. Liga the Football League for the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2.

The reported €10m are apparently what 1860 is short of. This club has been operating highly deficient for about a decade now.

Anyway licensing and deadline for the licensing process.

The deadline for 3. Liga and Regionalliga clubs to file their paperwork is March the 1st. 2 Bundesliga have a bit longer, their deadline ends March 15th. During April the clubs get an answer from the governing bodies whether they meet the requirements, or they don't. If they meet the requirements, it's not always a simple yes. It can also be a yes, but... response. It could also be no, but we give you some extra time to clean up your act. The clubs also have one week to appeal the decission.

Which means there can be conditions or stipulations attached to it. It can either mean, Club xy gets the license, but the club must generate additional transfer revenues within the season, or the club has to provide additional proof they have the financial resources within a certain timeframe. It can also mean, the club has to provide additional security for homegames, or improve the stadium etc.

The time window for 1860  to provide additional proof runs out tomorrow. Not to mention they more or less would still need to sign almost a complete squad (they have six or seven players left with a contract that is also valid for Liga 3.), and very likely a new manager, as Pereira has more or less resigned after they relegated - unless they want to go all in with their u23 team.

And yes, if 1860 fails to deliver financial proof, they go down another league, if they don't meet the criteria for the regionalliga it is down the regional governing body (in this case the Bavarian FA) to determine for which league they meet the requirements.

The logisitical aspect is usually a big deal for smaller clubs. E.g. iirc the stadiums need to have an undersoil heating among other things. Then there's also travel expanses. Of course it's more expansive to travel across the country to play, than to play an entire season within statelines.

Interesting sidenote, Darmstadt is atm having a problem with their stadium, as it apparently lacks Bundesliga standards, they've played the past few season with a special permission, but that is expiring now. Their old stadium is lacking a roofing for the terraces.

So word around the campfire is that Griezmann has decided, in light of Atleti's upheld transfer ban, to stay there until they're allowed to replace him. Annoying for us, but can't fault his principles on this...

I'm not feeling the rumoured Perisic signing at all. If we're gonna go for a player in that vein I'd much rather it was someone a bit younger.

Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict

Liverpool stats: Accounts for the year to May 31 2016

Turnover £302m (5th highest in the league)

Wages £208m (3rd highest, 69% of turnover)

Loss before tax £20m (follows £60m profit in 2015)

Gate and matchday income £62m

TV and broadcasting £124m

Commercial activities £116m

Net debt Not stated; bank loan £55m; FSG loan £110m

Interest payable £6m

Highest-paid director Unnamed, £1.21m (Ian Ayre was the managing director)

State they’re in A club clearly on the rise under Henry’s Fenway Sports Group, these are the last accounts before the September 2016 opening of the new 20,500-seat main stand at Anfield. It incorporates plush hospitality and facilities designed to bring in the big bucks, which will be reflected in next year’s accounts. Almost uniquely among current US investors, FSG have put money into their club – loans which they increased by £60m to £129.9m, in order to fund the stadium expansion. After taking over with Liverpool in financial crisis in 2010, FSG are looking more convincing now, with an expanded stadium, strong income, Jürgen Klopp, shrewder player recruitment, and a fourth place finish this season.

In other news,Peter Moore ,our new CEO,officially started his new role yesterday.I don't know much about him except that he's lead some big positions in companies in the past,the likes of Microsoft's Xbox division and EA Sports.Looks to be an upgrade on Ayre but time will tell.

8 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I'm not feeling the rumoured Perisic signing at all. If we're gonna go for a player in that vein I'd much rather it was someone a bit younger.

Seriously underwhelming. Honestly don't see how he would improve the team and the expected transfer fee seems like a huge waste of money for a player who wouldn't add much. Now that the Griezmann deal is seemingly dead, I kinda wish we try to sign Sanchez instead of Perisic. At least it looks like the Lindelof transfer is close.

I thought Roma turned down Liverpool's offer, no?

Anyway, the latest update in that Munich 1860 drama.

Roughly 300 fans of the club gathered at its offices to demonstrate. Ismaik did not write another cheque and 1860 did indeed not get a license for Liga 3 next season. Which was exactly the outcome what the majority of the fans outside hoped for. So they cheered and sang, their get rid of the sheikh song. Anyway, 1860 will be offered a place in the Regionalliga Bayern, if they manage to sort some stuff out. They need to appoint a CEO, they need to work out a security concept, because their support will probably be bigger than that of other participants of that league, and they also need to figure out where they intend to play their homegames. Grünwald looks like the most natural answer to the last question. Anyway, it was not all good news for them. Ismaik voiced his intentions to stick around. The chairman of the Bavarian Football Association was quick to remind to publicly say, that the 50+1 rule also applies to their jurisdiction, and they would revoke the first teams license, if they feel Ismaik is trying to pressure the club. And it looks like the club itself is trying to figure out a way to get rid off its investor. They hinted that the Football Inc. filing for bankcruptcy is an option. There are two ways this could happen, a.) when the Football Inc. is insolvent (unable to make payments), which is not the case, or b.) when the Football Inc. is overindebted, which looks very plausible to say the very least.

Ok, enough of that.

Dortmund has to keep looking for a new manager elsewhere. Nice is not willing to let Favre go. The new frontrunners in the media are Peter Stöger (Köln) and Peter Bosz (Ajax), with Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord) also being mentioned.

Meanwhile Freiburg has yet again its best players poached. Grifo is on his way to Gladbach, and Philipp is being targeted by Dortmund and Leipzig. Dortmund is particularly interested since Reus has picked up another injury during the Cup Final and will be out for a few months.

This is one of those finals where I'll watch and hope for both teams to lose. :lol: 

I don't really like either team, though I'd probably consider Juve winning it as a lesser of two evils, mainly because I think it would be great to see Buffon win the one trophy he's missing.

Fuck that fucking actor and all-round fucking bad dude on the football field, fucking Sergio Ramos. Wouldn't be sad if he never played again - indeed, football would gain from his constant absence. 

Archived