u.s. politics: now guaranteed to contain no less than 35% u.s. political content

all swedes are racist

As of late, in light of the recent computer hacks and sheer incompetence demonstrated by the Trump crew, I have been wondering...

...what would the effects be if the 'Real Donald Trump' account was hacked by, say, Anonymous or some other tech savvy group, and either permanently deleted outright, or just plain taken over by them?

Not real likely, but given the number of places hacked that should have had excellent security, not altogether impossible, either.

6 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

As of late, in light of the recent computer hacks and sheer incompetence demonstrated by the Trump crew, I have been wondering...

...what would the effects be if the 'Real Donald Trump' account was hacked by, say, Anonymous or some other tech savvy group, and either permanently deleted outright, or just plain taken over by them?

Not real likely, but given the number of places hacked that should have had excellent security, not altogether impossible, either.

I am guessing that when nonsensical, stupid stuff becomes tweeted we can suspect a hack. I am not sure how we can tell the difference though.

On 9/30/2017 at 6:22 PM, Martell Spy said:

Silicon Valley all in on tax reform
No other policy issue facing tech companies in Washington — and there are many of late — stands to have as great an impact on their businesses.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/30/silicon-valley-tax-reform-243318

Tech companies, like other big corporations, assert that money brought back to the U.S. could be used to hire workers or build factories, an argument that dovetails with Trump's America-first economic agenda.

Uh yeah, been there and done that. Hope were not going to fall for that one again.

As Dubya would say, There is an old saying Tennessee.......  that says, Fool me once shame on, shame on you. Fool me --- you can't get fooled again.

54 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Silicon Valley all in on tax reform
No other policy issue facing tech companies in Washington — and there are many of late — stands to have as great an impact on their businesses.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/30/silicon-valley-tax-reform-243318

Some of the people in that article are either posturing or more naive than most children. For example:

"Tech companies like to paint themselves as innovative, ethical and inclusive institutions. However, when it comes to tax reform, many are tempted to follow their bottom line in a corporate free-for-all," said Reem Suleiman, a senior campaigner with the progressive group SumOfUs.org. "So Silicon Valley has a dilemma: Stand up for the values it touts, or take advantage of Trump's corporate coup over our democracy."

There is no dilemma here at all -- fluff is one thing and money is quite another.

2 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Something I'd be curious to see:  how do Trump supporters respond to poll questions about the Puerto Rico situation now that Trump is taking shots at the place while it burns?  

There are so many things about Trump to shake your head in disbelief about, but this is nuts.  And it's nuts that it seems like Trump is only so worried about a backlash over this.  

What makes you think they'd care? At least in any numbers. These are Others as far as your typical Trump supporter is concerned, I would think.

2 minutes ago, Triskan said:

No, I agree.  That is my suspicion.  But it seemed like GWB's bad response to Katrina in New Orleans was salient enough that it stung his administration.  My take is that Trump's response to this is even worse, markedly so, and yet I wonder how much it stings.  

I hope all this crap adds up once we get to 2020, but nothing seems to budge his base. It's pretty damn remarkable at this point. 

12 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

I never want to hear about how he is a master manipulator with the media, because he isn't. He's just a fucking blowhard and the media has no issue switching narratives themselves to get views. 

Trump is an arrogant and ignorant prick. He's a bigot, and he is most definitely a white supremacists. And the Republican party is filled with them as well or at the very least enablers. 

This is worse than Hurricane Katrina and what W Bush did.

If you mean as a whole, no. Not yet. Invading a foreign country on illegal and false grounds, destroying the International System, setting up torture centres and off-the-books prisons, etc...Dubya's actual actions are still much worse.

Now, most of Bush's actions mostly cost non-Americans (directly) so if you're just thinking about what affects Americans Trump's probably already passed him. And Trump seems a viler person who intends to do worse than Bush...nukes alone would obviously get that done...so I think it's reasonable to suppose he's well on his way, but so far at least incompetence is saving us.

edit: if you mean just w/regard to Hurricanes, I'll wait for the numbers, but certainly his overt behaviour has been worse. 

4 hours ago, Triskan said:

Something I'd be curious to see:  how do Trump supporters respond to poll questions about the Puerto Rico situation now that Trump is taking shots at the place while it burns?  

There are so many things about Trump to shake your head in disbelief about, but this is nuts.  And it's nuts that it seems like Trump is only so worried about a backlash over this.  

I have been reading the comments to various articles on the disaster in Puerto Rico.  The more conservative types see those on the island as whiners.  They quote Trump verbatim.  They repeat claims that vast amounts of food, fuel and other material are reaching the island, but if pressed blame the lack of truck drivers for proper distribution.  Many insist the islanders are lazy, citing Puerto Rico's previous disastrous finances as proof.  The Mayor who contradicted Trump catches a lot of flack.  Mini-testimonials, all unsupported and sometimes directly contradictory, keep cropping up in these comments. 

With great reluctance, I submit the information at this point is incomplete, and drawing conclusions premature.  This is not a defense of Trump, simply a note of caution. 

We can definitely draw conclusions about Trump's personal response. The island is facing an unprecedented disaster, now is not the time to prematurely congratulate the response, more pointedly it is not the time for him to congratulate himself and how "everyone" (the mythical, go to everyone, the phantom majority he always invokes to validate every horrible thing he does) is giving him good reviews. It is not the time to talk about debt, to say that Puerto Ricans are lazy and not helping themselves, to pick a fight with a myor who is on the ground helping her people. Especially not when he was initially silent on the issue and chose instead to pick a fight with the NFL. Especially not when he is on his umpteenth golf vacation.

The fucking ghoul always has to prove that he doesn't possess a shred of humanity, that there is not one redeeming quality to be found in his bejowled and dewlapped cheese puff shell. 

I think people would be better off going about their business as if there was no president of the US; as if the office was currently unoccupied.

The orange orangutan clearly feeds on attention, negative or positive. I reckon if everyone just ignored him he'd melt into a puddle of goo or something.

I know, you'd probably say "but we can't ignore the president of the US". Well, why not? It's not like he does anything besides tweet and play golf anyway.

15 hours ago, karaddin said:

Kushner is Proyas. He will take the fall eventually, but he's conditioned for a much bigger one than any minor scandal. Kush is there to take the fall when Trump himself might actually get hit by the shit, that's the value of having family as the fall guy. Until then I imagine he's safe, after that point? I suspect he'll find himself divorced too.

I don't think so, at least with regard to the getting divorced part. Remember orange dipshit doesn't care about optics (and neither does his base). So he will scream witch hunt, and his family is treated unfairly. Dish out a presidential pardon, and will go on about his business.

Ignoring him isn't an option. Aside from the fact that he could potentially start a war or some other international incident through fucking twitter, not taking him seriously is how he got power in the first place. The media thought he was joke when he threw his hat in the ring, Republican primary opponents thought he wasn't worth taking seriously at first, Democrats thought he would hand Hillary the win and destroy the Republican party in one swoop, and the Republican controlled congress thought he would help their agenda despite his clowning. 

Let's also not forget the idiots who hang on his every word and believe everything he says even when he contradicts himself, or the emboldened racists who show their true colors now that Trump offers them validation. And I don't just mean open white supremacists, I am talking about the more casual racists, the ones who are very offended if you even suggest they are bigots while they spew ulgy sentiments and embrace every negative stereotype about other races. The ones who think Trump just speaks common sense, is non PC, a no nonsense kida guy.

Like other corporations with manufacturing facilities on Puerto Rico, my brother's firm are shipping generators and fuel and technicians to get theirs up and running again.  Which means, at least for the plant of my brother's firm (aeronautics -- also for NASA projects too), the workers are being given generators and supplies for their families too.  They are desperate to get up and running again as soon as possible.  The pharma companies are terrified of losing business to other firms as they can't supply the meds and drugs that are their big profit lines, to either individuals or the hospitals, who are the biggest customers, who they gouge, and the hospitals-for-profit in turn the patients.

2 hours ago, Notone said:

I don't think so, at least with regard to the getting divorced part. Remember orange dipshit doesn't care about optics (and neither does his base). So he will scream witch hunt, and his family is treated unfairly. Dish out a presidential pardon, and will go on about his business.

Trump very much cares about optics if it's someone else making him look bad though whether family counts within this remains to be seen. If it's himself making himself look bad, he doesn't care because he thinks everything he does is the best.

31 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

This is probably the most dangerous short term thing he's ever done. 

Long term was the Paris accord. 

I am so incredibly angry at this human waste. 

I'm angry at the shitbags who put him in office.  

I can't imagine any sane person's stomach not being in knots the past few months.  I'm a pessimistic person by nature, but I don't think I was pessimistic enough about how horrifying this presidency would be.  

31 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm angry at the shitbags who put him in office.  

I can't imagine any sane person's stomach not being in knots the past few months.  I'm a pessimistic person by nature, but I don't think I was pessimistic enough about how horrifying this presidency would be.  

I read a lot of history. Trump reminds me of the Habsburgs. Talleyrand once said of them that they remember nothing and forgive nothing. The only difference is that the Habsburgs did not have nuclear weapons. They are long gone now.

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Trump very much cares about optics if it's someone else making him look bad though whether family counts within this remains to be seen. If it's himself making himself look bad, he doesn't care because he thinks everything he does is the best.

Let me rephrase it, he doesn't care how sane people would view a pardon for Kushner. His braindead base and Breitbart will happily say some deepstate nonsense aimed to bring Trump, which should be sufficient for him.

1 minute ago, Notone said:

Let me rephrase it, he doesn't care how sane people would view a pardon for Kushner. His braindead base and Breitbart will happily say some deepstate nonsense aimed to bring Trump, which should be sufficient for him.

Seems to me though that a pardon might not help Kushner. It appears that he is knee deep in many of the same NY state issues that Manafort and Flynn are implicit in. 

Archived