Who is the rightful Baratheon heir?

UFT

57 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Maybe Edric, though it's posible that new House will rule Stormlands. 

1 hour ago, Ylath's Snout said:

If they all die I could see a totally new house accent to leadership of the Stormlands. Would Dany or Aegon really be interested in reforming the House that almost ended their line forever?

I don't think a new house will be picked, unless Daenerys remains so pissed at the Baratheons that she personally makes sure that the name and colours never rise again.
Consider that in the vale they are just preparing to turn Harry Hardying into Harry Arryn just so they can keep the ruling name and banner, I'm sure they can find some vaguely-Baratheon related person to become the next Lord Baratheon.
Westeros likes continuity.

11 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

I don't think a new house will be picked, unless Daenerys remains so pissed at the Baratheons that she personally makes sure that the name and colours never rise again.
Consider that in the vale they are just preparing to turn Harry Hardying into Harry Arryn just so they can keep the ruling name and banner, I'm sure they can find some vaguely-Baratheon related person to become the next Lord Baratheon.
Westeros likes continuity.

You got a point there I suppose but I think it could go a lot of ways. Promising to grant the Stormlands to another House would be a powerful incentive to turn to Dany/Aegon.

6 minutes ago, Ylath's Snout said:

You got a point there I suppose but I think it could go a lot of ways. Promising to grant the Stormlands to another House would be a powerful incentive to turn to Dany/Aegon.

Oh defenitely. And if there's a point when the Westerosi might accept the replacement of a Great House would be the return of the Targaryens and the War for the Dawn, definitely is it. 

Edric was created by GRRM for a reason I believe restoring house Baratheon is that reason, if not him Robert had plenty of cousins in the Stormlands who could step up and change there name to Baratheon if needed if one of those houses is Swann or Dondarion with there un touched armys its a wrap. 

Some Targaryen cousin. Robert's claim to the Iron Throne goes through his grandmother Rhaelle Targaryen, the daughter of Aegon V. Since Steffon, Robert, Stannis, Shireen, and Renly Baratheon are the only legitimate descendants of Rhaelle Targaryen and Ormund Baratheon (if we believe, correctly, that Cersei's children aren't Robert's) then the Iron Throne should go to the living descendants of Egg's siblings - of his sisters Daella and Rhae, his niece Vaella, or his nephew Maegor. Main suspects for such descendants are Lord Selwyn Tarth and Brienne. Whether they have a chance to gather enough support to actually claim the throne is another matter. The fact that Selwyn doesn't have a son and is unmarried right now, if I'm not mistaken, could motivate a major house to support his claim in exchange for him making their daughter his queen.

If no such people would exist, next in line would actually be Doran Martell, followed by his children Arianne and Trystane. He is descended from Princess Daenerys, sister of King Daeron II. After that would come the Plumm and Penroses (descendants of Aegon III's sister Elaena), followed by the Velaryon descendants of Baela Targaryen and Alyn Velaryon and the descendants of the six daughter of Rhaena Targaryen and Garmund Hightower.

The Martells are technically the only house with the power to actually make a bid for the throne. But since they are Dornish it is not likely they would be supported by a majority of the people of Westeros.

Some Baratheon cousins not descended from Ormund and Rhaelle Targaryen might lay claim to Storm's End but they cannot really say they have a claim to the Iron Throne - unless, of course, they happen to be descended from the Targaryen-Plumms, the Targaryen-Penroses, the Targaryen-Martells, the Targaryen-Hightowers, etc. But if that's the case we don't know this at that point.

2 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Main suspects for such descendants are Lord Selwyn Tarth and Brienne.

Brienne the Beauty as Queen! That would really turn the "beautiful fairy tale princess" meme on its head. On the other hand, the arrival and several conquests of Young Griff/Aegon VI and the possible arrival in the distant future of Daenerys Targaryen on dragonback make any need for more Baratheons moot. And, of course, Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei are not Baratheons.

2 hours ago, zandru said:

Brienne the Beauty as Queen! That would really turn the "beautiful fairy tale princess" meme on its head. On the other hand, the arrival and several conquests of Young Griff/Aegon VI and the possible arrival in the distant future of Daenerys Targaryen on dragonback make any need for more Baratheons moot. And, of course, Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei are not Baratheons.

Baratheons as such seem to be pretty much gone. There doesn't seem to be another legitimate male branch. And there are no other descendants of Ormund and Rhaelle than Stannis/Shireen at this point.

Any Baratheon cousins through the female line who are not descended from Princess Rhaelle shouldn't play a role in the game for the Iron Throne. But they could come up with the notion that Storm's End should go to them. But then - with Aegon holding it right now that is not very likely to happen.

But any Targaryen cousins - like the Tarths, etc. - could gain prominence during the reign of a King Aegon as well as under a Queen Daenerys.

It depends: are we talking Storm's End, or are we talking the Iron Throne? For the former, there isn't the rightful heir, there may be, in addition to Bob's bastards, a bunch of distant relatives and in-laws with weak-ass claims. For the latter, it's the same plus the Targaryen claimants. So, a merry clusterfuck and everyone gets to play.

In all honesty, I don't see why Daenerys Targaryen (or even Young Griff Targaryen/Blackfyre) would have any interest in rewarding the Baratheon usurper family. Sure, they were loyal Targaryen supporters back in the day - but that was three centuries back. Robert (the Slothful) ruined all that. I see Storm's End going to a new, more loyal supporter, maybe someone from Essos.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

In all honesty, I don't see why Daenerys Targaryen (or even Young Griff Targaryen/Blackfyre) would have any interest in rewarding the Baratheon usurper family. Sure, they were loyal Targaryen supporters back in the day - but that was three centuries back. Robert (the Slothful) ruined all that. I see Storm's End going to a new, more loyal supporter, maybe someone from Essos.

That's assuming that Daenerys or fAegon will be the the one doing the rewarding at the end of the day.

2 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

That's assuming that Daenerys or fAegon will be the the one doing the rewarding at the end of the day.

Good point! It could be Roose Bolton on top, or Littlefinger, or the Others. I strongly doubt that Cersei will hold power much longer.

Archived