TEN new publicity photos

Werthead

Very, very good material. I particularly love Tyrion's face at the floor of the Sky cells!

And it should calm people that were worried by the look of some costumes based on some captions from the making of. The kingsguard armor or King Robert are really nice.

Incredibly spoilerific captions. I'm surprised the Dany one didn't say '...who will eventually return to the Seven Kingdoms having raised three dragons and will destroy the Others at the battle of...'

Also, Robert looks way too Bernard Hill IS Theoden of Rohan. Robert's got black hair and for me looks something like Pavarotti divided by Brian Blessed in Trial of a Time Lord.

Very cool. I continue to be very pleased with the look of the series, in all aspects.

Niggles then?

Don't think Mark Addy has aywhere near the size of Robert Baratheon, but at least he has the girth, and propped up with all that clothing he looks ok, plus he has a good face to play Robert.

Headey looks decent as Cersei, though in my imagination Cersei looks a bit more outrageous , extravagant. I can see why the women are excited about the man playing Jaime, he looks classically handsome and seems a good fit for the role.

Best pic for me is the one of Tyrion next to Catelyn. I think Dinklage will make a fantastic Tyrion.

Great pictures.

Annoying spoilers in the captions, though I guess they are only 1st Episode spoilers, so it's not too big of a deal. Still, it does negatively affect the impact of those final moments of the episode, and I think that's a bad idea. They are giving away the shocking ending of Ep. 1, which is meant to be the hook for the series for a lot of viewers, I'm sure.

Incredibly spoilerific captions. I'm surprised the Dany one didn't say '...who will eventually return to the Seven Kingdoms having raised three dragons and will destroy the Others at the battle of...'

Agreed.

But hopefully, one can safely assume that the only people that give a shit about the show at this point already know these things.

Great pics. I love the pics of Jaime and Tyrion in the sky cells.

I agree about the spoiler captions, especially about Jaime and Cersei's relationship. I was disappointed. It seems like they may be worried about getting viewers so they want more to slip to make it sound more controversial.

That is the problem LoB, for the vast majority of people reading that article this will be their first introduction to the series and they have already had the first episode spoiled.

Still, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that most viewers unfamiliar with the books will watch because they watch anything new on HBO, or because they like the sweet trailers. Then word of mouth ensues.

I'm woefully/blissfully unaware of how many people read everything EW has to say online.

It all looks wonderful.

The pic of Jaime should finally put to rest questions about the Kingsguard & whether they wear white cloaks: they do! You can clearly see a white cloak coming over his shoulder. What's curious is the helm... it looks like it's a three-combed helm that trails scale down the back of the neck, no?

As for the captions, they are a bit spoilerish, but you have to recall that people new to the series won't actually know who the "incestuous" relationships are between... and while Nikolaj says that Jaime has done "horrible deeds", so has *every* dark character. It's a far cry between a reputation for "horrible deeds" and seeing the the things he does for love.

Pretty, but nothing like what I had in my head. Not that I was going to watch it when it comes out anyway, I've learned that screen interpretation of a book is rarely something I enjoy so I just skip the growling at wrong types of shields and too old actors playing some charaters, and stick to the book. But it looks like it'll be amazing.

Who's the old guy in the photo with Eddard?

Awesome pics, except the only problem (minor, I admit) I have is the shot of Sean Bean.... Um, Boromir much? I mean, aside from the colors, the costume is almost identical.

Archived