LonCon 3 2014

Revising my arrival time so I can get there for GRRM's 11am reading tomorrow. Not entirely confident I can arrive, check in to the hotel and register, so I might end up getting up at 6am and catching an early train in :)

Just realised my Wheel of Time panel on Saturday is on at the exact same time as one of George's signings :( That's going to be a tough gig. Hope some of the BwB make it, surely most of you have run out of things for George to sign by now? :D

If it is anything like today you should leave plenty of time for queuing for registration, I am in the queue at the moment and the estimate is it might take at least an hour.

I do have plenty of signed books already so I think I will be going to your panel, especially since the signing queue will probably be equally epic.

If it is anything like today you should leave plenty of time for queuing for registration, I am in the queue at the moment and the estimate is it might take at least an hour.

I do have plenty of signed books already so I think I will be going to your panel, especially since the signing queue will probably be equally epic.

I wouldn't imagine Friday would be as bad simply because I imagine most people either come for the entirity of the con or just the weekend. (Saturday may be hell on earth...)

N

Arse, just remembered I prebooked the train tickets for off-peak, so I can't get a train before 9am, so it's not likely I'll get there pre-reading. I may loiter outside, if I even get there in time for the end.

Jetlag kicked my ass yesterday, but BWB hugs more than made up for it. Special thanks to Pebs for all the cool pins for my con bag! \m/

Wert - I'm sorry to hear about the breakup and travel woes. If I'm around for the signing I'll happily queue in your stead. (And if not, I'm sure we can wrangle someone for you.)

In other news: I've yet to have a proper pint. This must be remedied ASAP.

Headed to breakfast at Novotel early (7ish) if anyone wants to join me.

Highlights: David and Dan getting the Hugo, karaoke, the ladies explaining feminism to that orchestra guy, Vox Day losing to No Award, Brad the robot, generally hanging out with all you crazy nerds.

Lowlights: it's over :(

The robot dude was crazy. We're stealing one for future Worldcons so Ser Scott can be present remotely.

Awesome con, great to meet new people, see old friends and, most particularly, finally meeting people I've spoken to on the boards and on Facebook semi-regularly for almost a decade. Particularly cool to see so many BwBers getting onto panels and finally getting somewhere in the business meetings. I also had some interesting blogging-and-publishing related stuff going on. Running from a publisher's party to the BwB impromptu concert on Saturday night was particularly fun.

The Sunday night karaoke party was epic. We totally rocked and destroyed everything. Awesome stuff. And then this morning I found a way I might be able to make it to Spokane as well, because I have a trip to San Francisco next year I could tie in with it, which could be pretty cool.

The Sunday night karaoke party was epic.

Jon's MC'ing deserves a shout out here, and there are a few performances I also feel deserve a particular mention:

Jon and Targh filling in an early empty slot with Bob the Builder

Triff, Turlough and Mormont doing It's Raining Men

Ran and Linda are apparently Big in Japan

Baita giving us some multiculturalism with La Bamba

Xray, Katie et al tellling us to Run to the Hills

And of course the grand finale of Bohemian Rhapsody by everyone left in the room

(Oh, and there were some twins singing the Proclaimers as well. Who were those guys? :cool4: )

Much thanks also to Jo for organising the whole thing, and apologies to all those I forgot.

Archived