LonCon 3 2014

Nooooo! I wanted to discuss great overcoats through the ages with you!

:( And I had a lot to say about that, too. We could have done a field trip to the V&A.

This upsets me :(

:( Please shop vicariously for me!

This also upsets me. :(

I had the best cocktail gurus in town lined up for sampling of the finest gins.

:( give me twelve months?

Serriously I too am upset.

and if another beloved person drops out I may have to find a bridge to jump off or something else just as depserate.

How am I supposed to hug you if your not going to be there. You will all be missed, terribley. Ang your someone I've wanted to meet for years now..... :love:

...and all three of us are out. :( Another year, my dears.

I wanted to meet you and hear your voice and get stories about the boys and have tea and go to Liberties and the Tate and... Pah!!!!!! I adore you and we'll meet. I know this. :kiss:

Serriously I too am upset.

and if another beloved person drops out I may have to find a bridge to jump off or something else just as depserate.

How am I supposed to hug you if your not going to be there. You will all be missed, terribley. Ang your someone I've wanted to meet for years now..... :love:

:love: :(

I am very sad about this. :(

I know. Just too many hurdles this time round.

So sorry to hear that :(

I will miss you! Have a wonderful trip and take lots of your beautiful pictures.

I wanted to meet you and hear your voice and get stories about the boys and have tea and go to Liberties and the Tate and... Pah!!!!!! I adore you and we'll meet. I know this. :kiss:

We will! :love:

Just so it's clear, I'm also very disappointed with this turn of events Angalin. Although given my revised financial situation lately, the lack of you taking me shopping is probably a good thing :p

Do I need to bring proof of membership with me, or just some ID?

Your ID should be enough, but we (meaning laoise and I) had an issue with the membership in 2012 and to avoid hassles bringing a printout of the email confirming your membership would be a good idea.

Hotel Rooms NO LONGER AVAILABLE at the Ibis
Author Ellen Kushner (Swordspoint, The Privilege of the Sword, &c.) just told me that she unintentionally booked rooms in 2 different hotels for LonCon3 and forgot to cancel the first set.

"Now, according to the good people of Infotel, there is nothing I can do about it, as it's already paid for and I'm past the point of cancellation. I am now the unhappy possessor of not one but 2 useless "superior double" rooms at the Ibis from 13-18 August."

Update: Both rooms have been claimed by happy campers.

Hey everyone. Due to circumstances beyond my control I am not going to make it. I'm in the middle of (another) family situation. I have a membership that I'd be delighted to transfer, just message me a name either here or through facebook.

I also have a ticket to Cropredy I can mail to anyone who is interested in folk music or who knows anyone interested in folk music. Please have a wonderful time. I will see you all in Spokane.

Okay, even though I'm not coming I definately have Worldcon on the brain. I just dreamt that the con got shifted to my home town (Columbia SC) and I was desperately trying to find a location where the whole BWB could come together for dinner. At one point it involved me doing Parkour to escape from vengeful maître d's who were not happy with our behavior.

Strange dreams. Still wish I could be there and hope y'al have an amazing time .

Well, I think I just implied that I might be coming. That is now certain. My girlfriend Jaenara Belaerys and I will be at LonCon and in London from 14th to 20th. We'll also be attending the event with George and Robin Hobb after the con.

Whoever wants to find out if 'the eunuch' has actually been cut or is in fact a (lesbian) woman, is welcome to investigate (within reasonably limits, of course...).

I'm really interested to meet all of you guys, and talk about various things.

Archived