Paul Rudd is Antman!

trickster

Japanese trailer, which seems to be more of a cliff notes version of the film (I didn't see anything in it I didn't already know about, but if you like your flamethrowing guitars to be a surprise you might want to skip it,) and some early spoiler free reactions. Ranging from great to boring. So mixed, and apparently a 'must see' post credit scene.

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-reviews-preview-trailer-japanese/

Japanese trailer, which seems to be more of a cliff notes version of the film (I didn't see anything in it I didn't already know about, but if you like your flamethrowing guitars to be a surprise you might want to skip it,) and some early spoiler free reactions. Ranging from great to boring. So mixed, and apparently a 'must see' post credit scene.

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-reviews-preview-trailer-japanese/

So... Spider-Man?

Another site kept using "huge" a lot when referring to one of the post credits scenes. I assume it will be

Rudd growing into Giant Man. It's something Pym can do

. I guess the other one sets up Civil War - I doubt it will be as big as being the inciting incident and more a case of Tony/Steve asking Pym if he'd like to join his team. No idea which side Lang would fall on - given his criminal past and daughter I'd go for anti-registration.

Evangeline Lilly is funny. In a recent interview, she talked about how Marvel gave her reading material to prep for Ant-Man...and how much she absolutely hated it.

Scroll to final question.

On the other hand, it makes any compliment she gives to Marvel Studios seem all the more authentic. She definitely isn't afraid of the Machine, heh. It also doesn't seem like Marvel even gave her stuff relevant to the version of Ant-Man they were bringing to film.

Another site kept using "huge" a lot when referring to one of the post credits scenes. I assume it will be

Rudd growing into Giant Man. It's something Pym can do

. I guess the other one sets up Civil War - I doubt it will be as big as being the inciting incident and more a case of Tony/Steve asking Pym if he'd like to join his team. No idea which side Lang would fall on - given his criminal past and daughter I'd go for anti-registration.

A while back there were reports that one of the post credit scenes was

General Ross approaching Pym and saying they were at war.

Evangeline Lilly is funny. In a recent interview, she talked about how Marvel gave her reading material to prep for Ant-Man...and how much she absolutely hated it.

Scroll to final question.

On the other hand, it makes any compliment she gives to Marvel Studios seem all the more authentic. She definitely isn't afraid of the Machine, heh. It also doesn't seem like Marvel even gave her stuff relevant to the version of Ant-Man they were bringing to film.

They should get her to do comic reviews for Newsarama - it'd be refreshing to have comics not get 8+ out of 10 all the time.

I think she was on the money with her initial impression of "Marvel make popcorn movies"

I'm a bit confused as to what recent comics she read since she claims Scott isn't in it. And I doubt she would be too fond of 60s era marvel either.

But yeah, she's a great interview. I also enjoyed -

"TV shows? I don't know who wants to work that hard."

and "I don't know what I can say so I'll just answer the question."

That's Kirkman's run. I haven't read it, maybe it is crap? But that's a bit of a sad indictment of the comic book industry when she hates a series by one of its most successful creators. :P

Marvel's been on an amazing run... but I just don't see the logic behind waiting until now to introduce Pym/Lang/AntMan... and in a solo movie no less... This character doesn't warrant a solo flick... I've never met anyone who reads Ant Man comics... at least not anyone who gives a shit like they do for other books...

I hope I'm wrong.

That's Kirkman's run. I haven't read it, maybe it is crap? But that's a bit of a sad indictment of the comic book industry when she hates a series by one of its most successful creators. :P

Outside of Walking dead he's not that big a deal in the comics world. He is now but that's largely because people are aware of him. I know a lot of people hate his dialogue across the board. I think WD was/is great and Indestructible was interesting as well.

Marvel's been on an amazing run... but I just don't see the logic behind waiting until now to introduce Pym/Lang/AntMan... and in a solo movie no less... This character doesn't warrant a solo flick... I've never met anyone who reads Ant Man comics... at least not anyone who gives a shit like they do for other books...

I hope I'm wrong.

It was largely due to the fact that Edgar Wright wanted to make it. It's also one of the earliest ideas they had for the MCU. It just took a long time to greenlight by which point the MCU was an actual thing and then the rewrites to make it fit into the MCU apparently were the reason Edgar Wright walked. By which point I guess development was far enough along for it to seem like a waste of time and money not to make it. Plus, their track record is great so why not test it to the limit with what should be a hard sell superhero.

I'm sure it will, at worst fall into the lower tier of Marvel films and to be honest none of them have been awful. I'm crossing my fingers there's enough of a different feel to it to make it feel less clinical than some of the recent Marvel outings - especially Ultron.

My interactions are usually with him slotting into a larger team or storyline. The Mighty Avengers during Dark Reign was enjoyable, (although technically Pym was calling himself Wasp.) And it had Cassie Lang.

I actually liked the take they had on him for "Earth's mightiest heroes" cartoon - he was quite different from your usual superhero in that he was actually a pacifist and was always questioning whether he'd be better using his intelligence as opposed to his power for solving the world's problems. IT made the creation of Ultron more poignant. And he never beat up his wife.

Mid-credits scenes description leaked.

Evangeline Lilly gets the WASP costume.

And (includes which Avenger appears in Ant Man)

Falcon and Cap have Winter Soldier tied up. Cap asks should they call Stark, but Falcon has a new buddy to call.

Ant Man joining up with Cap makes sense, since Ant Man will likely align with him during civil war (he has a daughter to protect).

Look at me all restrained and not looking :smug: I must be an adult.

I looked.

I'll believe it when I see it. Remember, people were saying there was a Spiderman scene after Age of Ultron. :dunno:

I looked.

I'll believe it when I see it. Remember, people were saying there was a Spiderman scene after Age of Ultron. :dunno:

Yeah, there was even a pretty impressive recording of it. I don't get why

Cap and Falcon would call in Ant-Man upon capturing the Winter Soldier. Maybe calling Pym would make sense, if their goal was to deprogram him and they didn't want to turn to Stark since he killed Stark's parents.

Outside of Walking dead he's not that big a deal in the comics world. He is now but that's largely because people are aware of him. I know a lot of people hate his dialogue across the board. I think WD was/is great and Indestructible was interesting as well.

You don't think he's a big deal? I mean he's a head honcho at Image, runs his own imprint and he must surely be the most successful in terms of wealth. It's true, his dialogue can be poor at times though.

Mid-credits scenes description leaked.

Evangeline Lilly gets the WASP costume.

And (includes which Avenger appears in Ant Man)

Falcon and Cap have Winter Soldier tied up. Cap asks should they call Stark, but Falcon has a new buddy to call.

Ant Man joining up with Cap makes sense, since Ant Man will likely align with him during civil war (he has a daughter to protect).

These seem like more examples of having mid credit scenes just for the sake of it. It's a shame, they used to be good. Remember when Sam Jackson appeared at the end of Iron Man? That was genuinely exciting.

Archived