Paul Rudd is Antman!

trickster

And I like how self-conscious they are with it. "Is it too late to change the name?"

That was my favorite part of the trailer.

I will take the same approach as others here and give it a go. Marvel has earned my trust.

I liked it. I don't mind them having an older retired Hank Pym (presumably not disgraced as he can still get Rudd out of prison.) And I like Corey Stoll so that's good. Fingers crossed.

Out of interest now that there is an older Hank, and Ultron in the film is born from a mothballed defence programme, is it still possible Hank is involved in Ultrons creation ,if in a reduced capacity?

The trailer looked decent enough to me. Don't think I'll see it in theaters but I look forward to getting the DVD from Netflix.

I've said this before a couple times but the first time I saw this SNL skit I thought they were making Ant Man up just for the other superheroes to make fun of, knowing he's an actual comic book character just makes the skit funnier :lol:

I liked it. I don't mind them having an older retired Hank Pym (presumably not disgraced as he can still get Rudd out of prison.) And I like Corey Stoll so that's good. Fingers crossed.

Out of interest now that there is an older Hank, and Ultron in the film is born from a mothballed defence programme, is it still possible Hank is involved in Ultrons creation ,if in a reduced capacity?

I think that would be a nice way to placate comic fans. Have they confirmed whether a "young" Hank Pym will feature in "Agent Carter"? If it's set in the 50s there could be a young Hank getting involved in stuff. It would make for a nice tie-in.

I think that would be a nice way to placate comic fans. Have they confirmed whether a "young" Hank Pym will feature in "Agent Carter"? If it's set in the 50s there could be a young Hank getting involved in stuff. It would make for a nice tie-in.

That would make Pym be pushing 80 (I know he's 70, but he looks younger.) And that would be a Pym in his early teens.

That would make Pym be pushing 80 (I know he's 70, but he looks younger.) And that would be a Pym in his early teens.

It is at the very limit of what could work. Probably better they don't use a TV show to set up a film though. Although from what I've heard about season 2 of SHIELD they are already doing that for one of their phase 3 movies.

It is at the very limit of what could work. Probably better they don't use a TV show to set up a film though. Although from what I've heard about season 2 of SHIELD they are already doing that for one of their phase 3 movies.

Yeah they are, and you should come back, it's good now.

I thought that was Henry Winkler talking at first; which would've been awesome.

I'm only an occasional fan of Marvel movies (although I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was fantastic), so I'm not predisposed to like their trailers, and I thought that trailer looked pretty awful.

I thought this was supposed to be a comedy. Like even more than GoTG was. And yet the trailer had only one comedic line, whereas GoTG's trailer went all out on the comedy.

Leaked picture of the Yellow Jacket suit.

Which is in line with the promo artwork.

I like it, kind of similar to Spiderman's alternate suit with the robotic arms. And it fits with Stoll's comments about it being a more militarised version of the Ant-Man tech.

I take it the upper-most appendages are wings? Otherwise it really is more-like spider-man or dr octopus.

Pym.... on his own never did much for me.... and as a superhero even less... I only liked him as part of the Avenger's ensemble, and even then in the role of a scientist... or Janet's loser husband..... personally, I think it was a mistake to introduce this character in a stand-alone superhero film.... I don't get making this a Scott Lang movie either... who gives a shit about the ability to become really small?

But since Marvel is making this, I'll probably go see it.... but I'll probably wait for a few of you to review it hahahaha ... but I won't go see the Fantastic Four, or any Sony made Spiderman flick

who gives a shit about the ability to become really small?

It wouldn't be my first choice of superpower, but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than say just being incredibly strong.

I really didn't know what to expect from this. I am only sort of familiar with one Ant super being. And it's Atom Ant from Saturday morning cartoons.

That really doesn't help me in this context.

So when I saw the trailer for Ant Man was out. I clicked the link. Anticipating some context about the character. Something I could click with and be on board with regardless of story. I'm not sure I got that from the trailer. Besides some snarky reluctance (which I liked) on the part of (Paul Rudd) - I assume - the guy who will assume the role of Ant Man.

This is obviously an origin story for this incarnation of Ant Man. And I suppose that is a good place to start for the layman such as myself.

But there wasn't much in the trailer for me to hold on too. I've forgotten most of it already.

Even so. I may know nothing about the comics. But I'm a huge fan of the Marvel cinematic Universe. (It probably helps that I'm not familiar with the source material in that regard.) So I'll most likely go see this movie regardless.

Perhaps the fact that the trailer is a bit lacking in the substance department. Could be a good thing. I've often hoped that there would be a day I could go see a movie without already knowing everything from the trailer. Maybe this will be a great surprise.

I'm trying to stay positive.

It's just a teaser for the main trailer. It isn't meant to tell us his background, even though it tells us about his size manipulation, and that he's not the first to wear the costume. We see the bad guy (albeit not in costume.) And we see a little bit of Rudd's motivation.

Apparently from the wikipedia page, John Slattery is returning as the older Howard Stark.

Archived