Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

• 2 weeks later...

Judging solely from the silhouette, it reminds me of the Batman Forever (was that the one with the large fin?) but more functional wheels.

Unlike most here, I'm still optimistic about the movie, though. :)

Does the suit come with its own veins bulging out like on a bodybuilder or am I just seeing things?

Affleck said no bat-nipples, but nothing about bat-veins so...

Ugh, I cringe every time more information about this film comes out.

Sad Batman is already a meme. :lol:

Actually, some of the pictures show the texture on the batsuit pretty well. No veins and such. It's funny it took the jokes to make it look better.

Yes, a larger pictures showed there are no veins. The suit looks like it's made to enhance his physical strength, which in a world with Superman it makes sense, though I doubt it will do much for Bats.

I like it better than Nolan's at any rate. Hopefully it looks like he can fight in it. That has been an issue with all of the other Batsuits, they look slow and difficult to move in. Meanwhile Captain America looks incredible in all of his fight scenes.

Batmobile looks sort of cool from what you can see.

Meanwhile Captain America looks incredible in all of his fight scenes.

Presumably that's because Captain America doesn't need a suit as he is a superhuman being whereas Batman does because he is normal.

Presumably that's because Captain America doesn't need a suit as he is a superhuman being whereas Batman does because he is normal.

They have managed to have Captain America in a suit and still have really cool, smooth fight scenes. Batman has been built to the point where he really is not that much of a normal human being anymore. Like Usain Bolts speed, Mariusz Pudzianowski's strength all packaged up in the 6,2 body of a Greek god.

I don't need the whole "he needs protection, he needs armour" explanation. At this point all they need to do is make the fight scenes look really cool and answer any criticisms with "because he's Batman". Batman's fight scenes have never been that cool in the movies, I don't need realism I need it to look badass. STAS Worlds Finest is a good example. Not realistic (Batman jump 20 feet in the air) but totally awesome and entertaining.

Cap isn't, technically, a 'superhuman being'. The super-soldier serum canonically enhanced him to the upper limits of human strength, agility, etc. - in other words, pretty much the same as Batman developed through training. Cap certainly does not have any superhuman resistance to damage, absent his shield - that's why he has a shield.

/nerd

Cap isn't, technically, a 'superhuman being'. The super-soldier serum canonically enhanced him to the upper limits of human strength, agility, etc. - in other words, pretty much the same as Batman developed through training. Cap certainly does not have any superhuman resistance to damage, absent his shield - that's why he has a shield.

/nerd

That's the spiel, but when you watch the Winter Soldier there is no doubt in your mind this guy is beyond human. And honestly, that's fine. His fight scenes looked great and he looked fast and strong and skilled. That's what I want from Batman.

They have managed to have Captain America in a suit and still have really cool, smooth fight scenes. Batman has been built to the point where he really is not that much of a normal human being anymore. Like Usain Bolts speed, Mariusz Pudzianowski's strength all packaged up in the 6,2 body of a Greek god.

I don't need the whole "he needs protection, he needs armour" explanation. At this point all they need to do is make the fight scenes look really cool and answer any criticisms with "because he's Batman". Batman's fight scenes have never been that cool in the movies, I don't need realism I need it to look badass. STAS Worlds Finest is a good example. Not realistic (Batman jump 20 feet in the air) but totally awesome and entertaining.

See the problem is that comics are stupid, and older comics even moreso. Batman needs to have armor because otherwise the first thug he tries to fight would shoot him and his bat career is over (Why the don't shoot him in the chin is another question. My theory based on DC comics is that the lower human face in the DC universe is actually unbreakable by any force). Captain America you can try and pretend that his super strength and reflexes allow him to dodge stuff so he doesn't need the big body armor. Plus of course he has his "comic stupid" shield which blocks bullets and the bad guys never shoot him in the feet.

Now if you put Batman and made it a period piece in the 30's/40's then the lack of armor becomes more reasonable. Yes there were still firearms but not anywhere near the availability or numbers they are now,

Archived