Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

Will Arnett's Lego Batman is more badass than Affleck could ever hope to be.

Somewhere around this forum is a thread floating around about the Lego movie. After the trailer was released, I made the comment in there that it looked like a better team-up movie than BvS. :(

Wow. That is so...very much not Luthor in my mind. He can have a bit of a dick vibe to him, but Eisenberg's nasally whine just isn't the demanding powerhouse that Luthor represents. I know that I always will picture Clancy Brown as Luthor until ever, but even so...wow.

Somewhere around this forum is a thread floating around about the Lego movie. After the trailer was released, I made the comment in there that it looked like a better team-up movie than BvS. :(

I fully expect the Lego movie to be better than most of the SFF fare we'll be getting in the next year or two.

Wow. That is so...very much not Luthor in my mind. He can have a bit of a dick vibe to him, but Eisenberg's nasally whine just isn't the demanding powerhouse that Luthor represents. I know that I always will picture Clancy Brown as Luthor until ever, but even so...wow.

It'll be interesting if he maintains his quick speech patterns for this role, or adopts a more even thought out persona.

He does know it all genius pretty well (Social Network/Now You See Me), but I hope he comes across as more calculated over speedy explanations about how he's 10 steps ahead of everyone.

Well I give them credit for doing something different with Luthor. I kind of like the idea of him being a realtively young mega rich genius. Hopefully not just a repeat of social network though.

Jeremy Irons as Alfred seems fine although to be perfectly honest I don't think there's much need for him in a team-up film.

It just seems odd how the casting of MOS was pretty much on the ball with comic expectations yet it seems they are going out of their way to be different with Batman. I guess it could boil down to Superman returns being a bomb and Nolan's BAtman being a success and they are flipping the "if it aint broke don't fix it"

Eisenberg seems like a strange choice. Shouldn't Luthor look older than Superman?

Does he have to? I quite like the idea of them going a different direction with Luthor. We've seen Luthor so many times that this might be a nice re-imagining.

Eisenberg seems like a strange choice. Shouldn't Luthor look older than Superman?

I'd be less concerned about him being older than Superman and more concerned with him being of an age with Batflek.

Does he have to? I quite like the idea of them going a different direction with Luthor. We've seen Luthor so many times that this might be a nice re-imagining.

I tend to agree. At the very least, I don't expect this to be an overly dramatic real estate scam like his other appearances on film...

If they can limit the other superheroes and keep this as a story of how two wealthy industrialists team up to protect the Earth from an alien threat and then one goes off the deep end while the other becomes a staunch (if still practical) ally; it could still be good. The Eisenberg casting could go along well with that line of thought. That said, as we mentioned upthread... nothing about the promotion that has been shared to this point makes me feel that's how this is going.

Maybe they'll have Lex sweep in and buy up all the cheap and demolished real estate in Metropolis after the last movie.

His scheme will be how to bait Superman into destroying more cities so he can continue buying up demolished real estate and then turning it around for a profit.

How about THAT for a real estate scheme worthy of a Luthor?

Lionel would be proud...

Maybe they'll have Lex sweep in and buy up all the cheap and demolished real estate in Metropolis after the last movie.

His scheme will be how to bait Superman into destroying more cities so he can continue buying up demolished real estate and then turning it around for a profit.

How about THAT for a real estate scheme worthy of a Luthor?

Lionel would be proud...

Head Asplode.

Pretty much the entire Internet wanted (and was convinced it would be) Bryan Cranston. Eisenberg is a strange choice, but then again, you have to take into consideration how people reacted when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker (to put it mildly: they were not happy).

Well I give them credit for doing something different with Luthor. I kind of like the idea of him being a realtively young mega rich genius. Hopefully not just a repeat of social network though.

Jeremy Irons as Alfred seems fine although to be perfectly honest I don't think there's much need for him in a team-up film.

Ugh. That's exactly how they'll play it. The young, ambitious internet mogul...

This isn't going to play out well...Lex doesn't have to be the older type...but he's always best when played as a parallel to Superman, at least in age. I think so anyway.

In 2024 or something, Eisenberg would be a good Luthor. Now he's too young, specially with a Batman who's over 40.

Pretty much the entire Internet wanted (and was convinced it would be) Bryan Cranston. Eisenberg is a strange choice, but then again, you have to take into consideration how people reacted when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker (to put it mildly: they were not happy).

Will people keep saying that every time even if they cast Justin Bieber as the new Riddler? God.

No, the reaction wasn't the same as with Ledger- there were your whining bitches as usual, but nearly everyone had faith in Nolan after Begins and knew Ledger was a solid actor, it's not the same as it was with Snyder and Affleck at all.

Ugh. That's exactly how they'll play it. The young, ambitious internet mogul...

This isn't going to play out well...Lex doesn't have to be the older type...but he's always best when played as a parallel to Superman, at least in age. I think so anyway.

Umm Cavill is 5 months older than Eisenberg. That's too much of a difference for you?

Archived