Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

Eisenberg just doesn't seem like the right choice. He's far too baby faced. Yes, i know him and Cavil are basically the same age, but they look worlds apart - Cavil looked the part as superman (more than Brandon Routh ever did), but I'd been hoping, like many others, for Cranston.

The casting for this movie has seemed off for me if I'm being honest. I'll admit I like Cavil as Superman, but since then every casting announcement has had me thinking 'really? That's who you're going with?'. it's not inspiring me as a viewer.

Funny I thought Routh looked the part, he/ that movie was just dull, and wood like.

Routh was actually older than Christopher Reeves at the same point in their Superman careers.

And therein lies the primary problem with SR. It was always just a remake of Superman. Seen in that light, Routh was never playing Superman... he was playing Christopher Reeves as Superman. If that was the goal, then he actually played him pretty well; but the movie as a whole was indeed flat.

That said, I don't think MoS ever hit any high notes like rescuing the jumbo jet and putting it down safely in the middle of a baseball game. That's sequence is still one of my favorite superhero set pieces ever filmed.

I didn't, he was extremely mediocre and wooden there, having no chemistry whatsoever with Rebecca Hall, and the main reason the movie wasn't good (had him and Jon Hamm switched roles, it might have worked).

Can't really agree. I thought he was good in The Town and thought the movie was excellent. He's not a great actor but when he plays an understated role (which Batman isn't), he's fine. I do think he should stick to directing as that's where his real talent is.

Routh was actually older than Christopher Reeves at the same point in their Superman careers.

And therein lies the primary problem with SR. It was always just a remake of Superman. Seen in that light, Routh was never playing Superman... he was playing Christopher Reeves as Superman. If that was the goal, then he actually played him pretty well; but the movie as a whole was indeed flat.

That said, I don't think MoS ever hit any high notes like rescuing the jumbo jet and putting it down safely in the middle of a baseball game. That's sequence is still one of my favorite superhero set pieces ever filmed.

There's an interview with Singer in Empire this month, he says he would have cast Cavill if he were looking for a new Superman, but he was looking for another Reeve. He goes on to say if he could do it again he would reboot it, and said he should have figured out a way to open with the plane sequence.

They ask him if he's seen MoS, he dances round the issue but basically sounds like he didn't care for it.

Very good point, that I never realized, but should have.

• 1 month later...

Could Bats vs Supes be going directly up against Captain America 3?

If Winter Soldier is as good as I anticipate, and general superhero fatigue does not begin to set in... I just don't see how staying put on a May 2016 release could possibly be a good thing for this Justice League amalgamation.

Given the choice to see Capt's fourth movie or SvB on opening weekend, my guess is the general public will see SvB.

That doesn't mean it will win the overall box office (the movie with better word of mouth will), but SvB would win the first weekend's bragging rights.

Given the choice to see Capt's fourth movie or SvB on opening weekend, my guess is the general public will see SvB.

That doesn't mean it will win the overall box office (the movie with better word of mouth will), but SvB would win the first weekend's bragging rights.

I would hope so too. I think if it was Avengers or Iron Man 4 there'd be cause for concern but unless the new cap film is amazing I'd think BvS would be safe.

It's way, way too early for anyone to sensibly predict which film will come off best if both open at the same time, in either box office or critical reception. Quite apart from all the things that could happen (poor reception of Cap 2/Avengers 2, for example, or the SvB project collapsing), it's entirely possible one company or the other could blink and move their release date...

• 1 month later...

I've lost track here but there won't be any other movies inbetween right? The next movie will introduce Wonder Woman and Cyborg for sure. I assume Flash and Green Lantern will then be introduced in the Justice League movie. Is the Ryan Reynolds GL movie considered a part of this franchise? Success or not, the unfolding of this whole effort is quite fascinating. I may go see these movies regardless of their reception.

Matrix 2&3? There was only one Matrix movie. What are these sequels you are talking about? :shocked:

It's just shit people throw out to confuse people like saying there were sequels to Highlander or something.

I've lost track here but there won't be any other movies inbetween right? The next movie will introduce Wonder Woman and Cyborg for sure. I assume Flash and Green Lantern will then be introduced in the Justice League movie. Is the Ryan Reynolds GL movie considered a part of this franchise? Success or not, the unfolding of this whole effort is quite fascinating. I may go see these movies regardless of their reception.

They have not said either way. I read that most of the other JL have either been cast or Rumored (Aquaman being Damon) and that there has even been a word spoken about GL. They might just drop GL instead of having to deal w/ him after that Crapfest. That being said, Marvel had a bad, and a very bad Hulk before putting it together for The Avengers.

Matrix 2&3? There was only one Matrix movie. What are these sequels you are talking about? :shocked:

Maybe LoTR, no they where all shot together.

Cowl in the concept art looks fucking stupid, but beyond that it doesn't look any worse than Nolan's. One think that always annoyed me about Nolan's trilogy was how slow Batman looked in his fight scenes.

Cowl looks fucking stupid, but beyond that it doesn't look any worse than Nolan's. One think that always annoyed me about Nolan's trilogy was how slow Batman looked in his fight scenes.

Are there pics out there? I have not seen anything?

Archived