Football 61 - The Story Continues

Alex.

Arsenal have done alright without Walcott for most of this season. Really it's a positive because it means that he can't be just about passable at central striker for just long enough for Wenger to not buy someone in the window.

We have, but that was with a healthy on form Giroud and Ramsey. Can't say that they're healthy or on form right now. And Walcott has come back and provided a lift with his goal scoring at the right time.

We're still a good team without him, but it's still a major loss for a beat up team.

Personally, I think it's a very big blow. Theo has a knack for scoring/ assisting important goals and his form has been very good so far. Christ, 6 months, I thought he would only be out for a month maximum when he went off. Don't really see it as a positive, not entirely sure who we're going to buy that could come in and contribute in terms of goals/ assists as Theo might have had ( if you go off his numbers from last season)

Personally, I think it's a very big blow. Theo has a knack for scoring/ assisting important goals and his form has been very good so far. Christ, 6 months, I thought he would only be out for a month maximum when he went off. Don't really see it as a positive, not entirely sure who we're going to buy that could come in and contribute in terms of goals/ assists as Theo might have had ( if you go off his numbers from last season)

Can't really see anyone, not midseason anyway, just integrating into the team. It'll have to be Ox or Gnabry at right wing. Both are talented enough to fill in for Walcott but it does change things.

Additionally, Walcott's injury was the 44th injury this season for Arsenal's first squad. Only United have more with 55. Man City has 29, Liverpool has 31 and Chelsea has 27. Ouch.

could be worse......

You mean like now?.

FFS Inter, for all this talk of coming back to your past glory and re enforcements, new owner,new coach etc you actually have to follow through with it.

Ok losing to Lazio away isn't a bad one really but some of those stupid draws this Season.

It's shaping up to be yet another Season of mediocrity and it's starting to piss me off.

Advice: BUY A PROVEN DECENT STRIKER YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

MLS hilarity roundup:

• Vancouver player and Golden Boot winner Camilo Sanvezzo was rumored to be going to Querétaro in Mexico. Vancouver denied the rumors. Today, we saw photos of Camilo wearing their shirt and taking a medical, and tweets from Querétaro welcoming him. A few possible explanations:

• Vancouver FO lied. Possible!
    • The league sold him and didn't tell the FO. Hooray single-entity!
    • Some kind of backroom deal brokered by Camilo's agent.
    • An exciting cocktail made from some combination of the above
  • Oscar Pareja resigned as Colorado's coach three days ago, we were told. Today, he showed up for work.

• I believe I have successfully convinced everyone that we should name the upcoming 2014 MLS thread at Something Awful "MLS 2014: beckerman's bare, thrusting ass" after nude photos of Salt Lake's Kyle Beckerman surfaced. Yes, I'm shuddering too.

I have missed you, MLS soap opera.

You mean like now?.

FFS Inter, for all this talk of coming back to your past glory and re enforcements, new owner,new coach etc you actually have to follow through with it.

Ok losing to Lazio away isn't a bad one really but some of those stupid draws this Season.

It's shaping up to be yet another Season of mediocrity and it's starting to piss me off.

it must be a huge change from time your team had vieri, ronaldo, zamorano, recoba on their roster, all at once :D

or have i mixed my timelines up?

Think Spurs have longer list than we do, at least at the moment. Don't buy into the whole "Arsenal's medical team are not up to scratch" argument, it seems to come up every time someone gets injured for the long term. We've also been okay with injuries for the past 2-3 seasons, if not longer.

Supported Chelsea because I watched one EPL game and it was the one where they lost to United 1-0 (thank you Darren Fletcher) and everyone was so fucking happy. And then, after a got a management sim all the other big teams were taken. The natural response of course, is to pick the team that everyone hated the most. Didn't even realize that they were champions until after iirc. So instinctive gloryhunting.

Heh, I picked Chelsea in '05, it was my first year of college, and the two soccer fans I became good friends with we're (independently of one another) both Chelsea fans. Realized about 6 months later that I was rooting for a cross between the Yankees and Darth Vader, but 1) once you pick, you need special circumstances to switch, and 2) my other teams were so shit anyway that I didn't really feel bad about supporting one decent side.

You mean like now?.

The same idiots who gave Destro to Genoa in exchange for Ranocchia? I wouldn't raise my hopes.

I don't remember any reasoning why I picked Liverpool because I was so little. I probably just latched onto them for some arbitrary reason but have been a dedicated fan ever since. It's funny how you can build up a fierce support for a club for the dumbest reasons, like I'm a big Dortmund fan now because last year in the champions league (in the group stages, before they made it to the final - no glory hunting here) I decided "Dortmund" was a really awesome sounding name.

this game is personifying what i detest about the serie a.

juve is up 3-0 on a nine man roma. and rather than run the knife across their throat, kick them to the ground and stab them in the face and head until their arm is tired (figuratively) they jerk off with the ball in their own midfield or let roma pass that ball around their own midfield like it is a training exercise.

i want to see brutality. strike at them hard. add another three in the final 15 minutes. punish them. humiliate them.

fucking italian football.

Personally I don't really get this opinion, the game is about winning, it doesn't matter if you win by 1-0 or 10-0, it's still three points. Also, any goal scored after 3-0 is both practically useless and more often than not a result of a lax defense. The only time I enjoy a big scoreline is when a smaller team takes it to a big team for once. (Of course I always enjoy it when my team wins big, but that's different)

I picked Liverpool after I saw the 2005 UCL final, I was blown away by that match and I wanted to see more of this Liverpool. I ain't looked back since.

Juventus on the other hand I didn't pick, Juventus picked me. My father was always a massive Juve fan and he had numerous vhs tapes filled with nothing but serie a.

Personally I don't really get this opinion, the game is about winning, it doesn't matter if you win by 1-0 or 10-0, it's still three points. Also, any goal scored after 3-0 is both practically useless and more often than not a result of a lax defense. The only time I enjoy a big scoreline is when a smaller team takes it to a big team for once. (Of course I always enjoy it when my team wins big, but that's different)

Yeah but goal difference can be a pretty big deal, could be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

I have never liked City but whenever I see that goal I can't help but yell AGUEEEEERROOOOO. Seriously that was so exciting. Probably will be the closest finish to a season forever right? Amazing.

Easily one of the greatest days of my life. I still well up a bt whenever I watch that video.

I thought you were going to post United's reaction to the news heh.

Very tempted, but I try not to sully my memories of that day with united if at all possible. Michael Owen on the pitch in full kit was brilliant though.

Archived