[Spoilers] HBO's True Detective discussion thread

Mark Antony

So HBO sent out evidence boxes containing those creepy little dream catcherish things to reviewers. Nice touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll69ReOXpkk

Can't wait for tonight but I also wanna find time to rewatch the last one first.

Very cool on the evidence boxes. Wish I had one.

I'd do that in reverse order. This show is perfect for going back an episode after seeing the newest one in order to line up all the pieces.

That was probably one of the most amazing action sequences I've ever seen. I never, ever expected the show to do anything like this. It's fucking amazing. I was having heart-palpitations.

It was a 6 minute continuous tracking shot. Very cool.

That was, without a doubt, one of the best hours of TV I have ever seen. Woody Harrelson was awesome at being pathetic and Matthew McConaghey was just awesome. Those last 10 minutes were nail-biting.

That was probably one of the most amazing action sequences I've ever seen. I never, ever expected the show to do anything like this. It's fucking amazing. I was having heart-palpitations.

This. It reminded me of that continuous shot from Children of Men. Amazing work.

Just wow, felt like a movie. Last 25 minutes went by in 2 seconds. I love this show so much. Gonna have to watch it again before I post any proper thoughts

Anyone else think now that Marty and Rust are playing those cops and still in cahootZ .

Yes.

especially having seen next week's preview

This. It reminded me of that continuous shot from Children of Men. Amazing work.

I think I'll finally get around to watching Children of Men tomorrow!

And I wonder if this past episode locked up a few Emmys?

I think I'll finally get around to watching Children of Men tomorrow!

There's a scene from CoM that is very much like the last ten minutes of tonight's ep.

The music as they were driving into the projects was similar to parts of Apocalypse Now's score.

My only beef with this episode was that Cohl and Rust both seemed to be mumbling in the first half. I'll have to rewatch just to pick up dialogue I missed.

Archived