TTTNE 418: Once more the Sith shall rule TTTNE

Darth Visenya

So the 12th is my parents' 32nd wedding anniversary and the 14th is St Valentine's Day. I bought cards when I went out for supplies and my mom made it clear that with the storm I am not expected tomorrow.

So, I will take the time tomorrow to do more than just sign cards. I will engage in the old format and write heartfelt messages inside the cards :D

What's up LadyQ, Have you watched episode 4 of True Detective yet :drool: :drool:

Oh yeah. It's getting SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to say goodbye to bacon head

Goodbye for now, bacon head, until we meet again.

Jedi in the streets....

Sith between the sheets :D

:lol:

FoMN: “Question: why is THE SNACK COUNTER OF REQUIREMENT always spelled in capital letters?”

Bex: “Because it gives Lady Q happiness.”

That it does. :cool4:

Thanks hc, for another excellent recap.

I'm back to considering returning to school. I've decided to hold off on graduate school but I feel like I should turn this degree into something that will make at least a little money. I go back and forth from a single subject teaching credential or going through respiratory care training.

If I get a vote, I say please go into respiratory care. Mainly because my dad had pulmonary fibrosis and good respiratory care could have given him more life, certainly made the last days easier. But that's just me voicing my selfish opinion.

Obviously this is your choice and only you can decide. Go with your heart, LadyO. You will make the right choice for you. :love:

Beer and beef stew sounds lovely. I want some of the Guinness beef stew I had in Dublin, I might have to learn to cook and then learn to make stew.

That sounds so delicious! :drool:

I have no idea why, but I am wired tonight. Like I feel like running around the block... very very strange.

I blame the Chocolate Super Grass drink. :P

or else I blame Pod.

So the 12th is my parents' 32nd wedding anniversary

Aww. Congratulations to them! :wub:

Morning, guys.

Hello L_T! :kiss:

I hope you're off to a great day. Here, have a cup of delicious coffee to start your day... [_]P

Congrats DV. :cheers:

What happened last night, you guys moved way too fast. :lol:

Check this http://kotaku.com/official-game-of-thrones-action-figures-could-have-be-1520925037

Yeah...they could have been worse :p I thought it was dressed down and slumming it Cersei :p

What did everybody do this weekend?

Acted like a damn fool in the false spring weekend and now have a list of chores as long as my arm. Boo.

In case anyone was wondering, the Lego movie was really cute :)

I'm back to considering returning to school. I've decided to hold off on graduate school but I feel like I should turn this degree into something that will make at least a little money. I go back and forth from a single subject teaching credential or going through respiratory care training.

Life decisions :bang:

Picked this up before I saw:

Lady O, if you want to maximize earning potential, I would go with RT. You have two generations of COPD coming up and teachers are generally underpaid.

Just my $ 0.02

What Bex said. Teach because you want to teach. The money sucks and it's exhausting. (Best job ever, but see last sentence.)

This was my thinking as well. And if we move states the skill goes with me. Would it make a difference that I have a healthcare management degree? Higher pay possibility?

Thank you for the recap HC :grouphug:

My mother was an RN and was Head Nurse at the county's TB clinic. Her lack of Master's in Health Management (or any Education in that major) held her back from becoming Clinic Director, my gut says it's a plus.

Well KiD, take your time. I don't want you leaving FL to drive up to GA with an ice storm coming anyway.

You have until June to learn how to cook. :P

Let's start with the basics...can you boil water without the microwave?

You funny Bex. I was gonna say bake a potato...Just missed you in Chat honey. So glad you're back.

Ok, this storm is SCARY. some of the unfinished wiring in my house just arced off at the last lightening strike. It's POURING. Like HURRICANE POURING. And it's really cold. Pray for no house fires people. (no more house fires until I can afford insurance. no more housefires until I can afford insurance)

RB-Hello!

The storm passed, it was just a couple of hours. I am going to have my fuse boxes checked out and bump up ye olde fire insurance on the to-do list. Thanks, LadyQ.

Anyone who thinks that cats cannot talk should have seen my little beast these last couple of days during the cold weather. He has made me me open every window and door for another "outside". He has been sitting on the sofa next to me this evening. If I shut the window, he swats me to open it. When rain blows in, he cowers until I close it. Then he goes to the door. Then the other door. Then the other window. (repeat until one of us falls asleep). If I fall asleep, he hits my nose until I let him under the covers. He is quite clear with his 4 icy cold feet if I am taking up more than 10% of the bed.

I woke up this morning and he was asleep on my book, hogging most of the blankets.

Heinlein wrote a novella called "The Door Into Summer." The title was about a similar cat's behavior. Cat had a tiny sidekick role, stole the show and the story's title.

Cat people, are your cats this bossy? I know mine hates winter as much as I do.

He's also housebroken, so the "Outside! NOW!" command is never ignored by us people. We don't have a cat door on account of the feral cats. Kitty just asks. However, I was thinking about indoor plumbing for him just for the bad weather. How hard do you think it would be to get rid of once he's used to it?

Congratulations DV. May the Force be with you. Yes, the right side of the Force.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassed this shitty exam! Just one more tomorrow, I have to survive ... :commie:

Slo has 4 Olympic medals by now! :commie:

Cograts, hope you do your last exam well too.

Good day to you too!

Has anybody here besides JQC read any Star Wars books or comics? There are hundreds of those.

You can do it Buck!

I have only recently seen the movies, I did not even know there were books until I glimpsed a new thread in Literature. :lol:

Cograts, hope you do your last exam well too.

Thanks both and Jedi Master! I am sure I can do it, I am just sick of studying, I had a long exam period this time.

Archived