TTTNE 418: Once more the Sith shall rule TTTNE

Darth Visenya

Don't be such a kill-joy Buck. When has water and electrical equipment ever done anyone any harm?

My old laptop somehow got juice spilled over it once. The battery never worked afterwards. :blushing:

And then a recap of the recap of the recaps. And then a recap of that.

We can keep condensing the recap until the entire post history of the TTNE is summed up in a sentence.

One word.

SPAM.

I hope there is no animosity because of your poor side choosing JQC, I hope we can both watch this brilliant and wonderful bit of SW history and smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09n0qd_n4c0

Are you really that cruel? :crying: :crying:

That was a great bit but don't forget this scene.

R2D2 and C3PO are both magnificent dancers, I must say.

Also, is it wrong that I think Ani is seriously cute? :blushing:

Wintergames... well, I've lost interest a few many years ago. That time, the right medication was the way to get a medal. I hope it's different today, but I don't really pay much attention anymore.

I am not a sports fan in general either. Just when there is somebody from here competing for high places, because it is better to force oneself to be interested than to lose one's nerves not being interested while everybody else is. :P

I am not a sports fan in general either. Just when there is somebody from here competing for high places, because it is better to force oneself to be interested than to lose one's nerves not being interested while everybody else is. :P

Saw it in the news early afternoon, Germany got the 6th Goldmedal. Meh... :D Then I told my mum, she was happy, so I pretend to be happy too, just a little more subtle.

I've been watching hockey (Olympics). It was against the Czech and jeez, old man Jaromir is still playing! Fabulous.

Hello everyone

So i'm back, i just couldn't stay away from here even if i tried. :P But anyway, sorry about my rather rude departure, and i assure you i will try my best to avoid such things in the future. :)

Congrats to DV for the win :cheers:

Wally :grouphug: Nice to see you again, welcome back.

*potato appears from nowhere and punches Wally in the gut and as wally falls he catches him and hugs him for a while :grouphug: and whispers to him "Welcome back,kid" then goes back to obscurity * my love is a different kind of love

Potato! Where are you hiding? Don't go into obscurity :whip: I protest! :commie:

I can't remember the last time it snowed like this, it's amazing :D

Thank you darling :kiss:

Snow days are a lovely thing...as long as you can stay indoors ;)

I have gotten about 24 hours worth of wood and brought it in. The snow/ice seriously damaged the cover over the firewood. It will need to be replaced come spring. It wouldn't have happened if the rack had been full, but the middle section was nearly empty and the heavy weight of the snow/ice sunk the cover and tore it.

I also saw that at least three of the boards on top my arbor bench were damaged by falling branches. :( I am not sure if I have 3 more to replace them. We will have a lot of cleaning up to do when the snow finally goes away.

Tell me about it, they had Jacen too :wub:.

And such good it did the galaxy!

The number of dead in the Legacy of the Force series was staggering for Star Wars. I believe they killed about 40 named characters in those 9 books, and Jacen is pretty much responsible for them all. Including Mara and Pellaeon :crying:

Good night spammers.

RB-Hello!

The storm passed, it was just a couple of hours. I am going to have my fuse boxes checked out and bump up ye olde fire insurance on the to-do list. Thanks, LadyQ.

Anyone who thinks that cats cannot talk should have seen my little beast these last couple of days during the cold weather. He has made me me open every window and door for another "outside". He has been sitting on the sofa next to me this evening. If I shut the window, he swats me to open it. When rain blows in, he cowers until I close it. Then he goes to the door. Then the other door. Then the other window. (repeat until one of us falls asleep). If I fall asleep, he hits my nose until I let him under the covers. He is quite clear with his 4 icy cold feet if I am taking up more than 10% of the bed.

I woke up this morning and he was asleep on my book, hogging most of the blankets.

Heinlein wrote a novella called "The Door Into Summer." The title was about a similar cat's behavior. Cat had a tiny sidekick role, stole the show and the story's title.

Cat people, are your cats this bossy? I know mine hates winter as much as I do.

He's also housebroken, so the "Outside! NOW!" command is never ignored by us people. We don't have a cat door on account of the feral cats. Kitty just asks. However, I was thinking about indoor plumbing for him just for the bad weather. How hard do you think it would be to get rid of once he's used to it?

Heinlein also wrote The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, which I may still have. Fun quick read.

I think every cat - human relationship is unique.

For us (Friskey and me) it's a long running negotiation (most of this is non-verbal).

Her: "Up now?"

Me: bleary eyed, looking at 4:30 am alarm clock "Too early. Go back to sleep".

Her (ten minutes later) "Up now?"

Me: "Go back to sleep" repeat about 5 times.

It boils down to she does what she wants to do and I do what I want to do and each tries to get the other to bend a little. . .

Some people think cats are arrogant, but I find these are cats who have given up trying to communicate with humans, "because they just don't get it". I confess, I don't always know what Friskey is trying to tell me, and some times I know what she's saying, but I can't help her.

One thing I can say for sure. The eyes are very important. They're like owl eyes. They lock in on one thing and they see that one thing very, very well. So they know when they have your attention and when not. Cats like babies need your full attention at times. I'd say this is a major negotiating point with Friskey. Especially when I get home, she meets me at the door and checks apprehensively to see if she's going to have my attention for a moment or if I'm going to be more involved in talking to Mrs. Chicken or something trivial like that. I try to give her half a minute or two of undivided attention, but that isn't always possible.

Lily and hc - thanks for these excellent kittie posts. Reading these posts was a very nice way to spend my lunch hour.

:grouphug:

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

Need to bring in some wood today for the fireplace, just in case. My husband laughs at me whenever I make a "power is out" plan and get everything together. We'll see who is laughing if the power does go out. :P

Hi Lany :kiss:

My family gives me a bit of ribbing for being super prepared for power outages, storms, etc. I always have a kit in the car, and I have a smaller one at work in my desk. But, it's part of my job - so I'd better be someone aware. Anyway, you're right. It's so nice to know that if we have a power outage, I know exactly where the flashlights are. I also recommend getting a battery operated radio, in case you're wanting news updates and your smart phone runs out of juice.

I still need to get an iphone charging systems (other than my car battery).

Could someone make a recap of all recaps?

Yes. I nominate you.

When you have finished, would you then perform a decap of the recap of recaps?

And such good it did the galaxy!

The number of dead in the Legacy of the Force series was staggering for Star Wars. I believe they killed about 40 named characters in those 9 books, and Jacen is pretty much responsible for them all. Including Mara and Pellaeon :crying:

Good night spammers.

Exactly, true Sith hero :D.

That is not insufferable, some self-promotion is cool. :P B)

Not my style usually, but it is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

She did. I hope none of the foreign TVs do not mess up with the names of countries/flags like they did with the skijumper Prevc ... one TV assigned him a Russian flag and wrote he was Russian, and another assigned him a Slovakian flag. So silly. :P

NBC did a nice piece on Maze that I just watched - and there she was in Ljubljana! I hope you get a chance to see the video (I'll put a link below and hope it works for you) and tell me what (not if) they screwed up. Mixing up Slovakia and Slovenia is - nothing. I mean the first 4 letters are the same. Picky, picky. :P

There is a commercial first: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/tina-maze-pop-star-model-gold-medalist

They do describe Slovenia as a "tiny" nation when you can see on the map that it is of similar size to Switzerland and nobody call Switzerland tiny. So that's irritating.

Archived