Denial is a hell of a drug

I refuse to believe that Jon will end up on the throne and is the single solution to all of the problems of Westeros.

Me neither. While I want him to keep his Stark side, I also want him to ignore his Targ side and if a bunch of droolers try to insist that he's AA/tPtwP/some other messianic figure, he gives them the finger and tells them to solve their own stupid problems.

I'm in denial that in the next books I'm going to have to read a lot about dragons and magic and even start taking an interest in things like who gets to ride the dragons (yawn). Also that I'm going to see Stark revenge laid on with a trowel.

Melisandre is right in everything she says: Stannis Baratheon will be Azor Ahai.

Dany is a Madwoman.

Jon's Heritage is completely irrelevant to the Story.

Aegon is real.

Tyrion will get Casterly Rock.

These Things are true and only GRRM will get me to believe anything else. :pirate:

I'm with you on Tyrion.

Wouldn`t someone have noticed that? I mean this is the reason the Cullens move around all the time in Twilight. (Sorry for bringing it up :ack: )

There's no mass media in Westeros, the only record of what people looked like would be written archives (like that book that got Ned in trouble) or commissioned portraits, which are famously inaccurate and agenda-serving in our own real world's medieval history (and can always be doctored later). Beyond that, the only way to know what someone really looks like is to see them with your own two eyes, and in a world where land travel is still as slow (and dangerous) as horseback through stretches of wilderness with a few roads, it'd be comparatively easy for Bolton to "lay low" now and then and give people a chance to forget what he looks like (or die off). Have him deliberately change his own personal fashion trappings too, and perhaps no one would be the wiser.

Now if you wanna get crackpot, a lot of folks like to speculate that the Bolton flaying tradition has roots in some supernatural ritual, either a mockery of House Stark's infamous skinchanging (would be a very Boltonesque morbid pun, would it not? :D) or perhaps it taps into a similar channel to what we now know the Faceless Men can do with their archive of faces. If THAT is possible and Bolton flaying accesses it, it would be a "simple" matter of Roose periodically farming his own children for new faces and going into seclusion for the transition. In this case he'd be going forward starting in a few years as "Ramsay Bolton" but underneath the same face it'd be that same thousands of years old Roose (which likely then isn't his real/original name).

snip

I think Roose is a skinchanger(flayed man/men without skin) and he skinchanges his sons to live forever. It has to be his sons since he knows his blood has to potential to developpe the same skinchanging ability. It explains why he tolerate Ramsay even if he knows his house as no futur with him. And his leeching is really fishy, might has something to do with his power, maybe to keep the Host from taking over.

That Arya will die (I don't care about foreshadowing....SHE CAN'T DIE!! :bawl: )

That Stannis will kill Roose- I like Stannis but he did want Robb dead so he shouldn't be the one killing Robb's killer. It should be a Stark or loyal Northerner saying 'Robb Stark sends his regards' or 'The North Remembers' as they plunge a sharp blade into his heart.

That the show will overrun/continue without the books.

Bran will remain North of the Wall and become a tree forever.

That Jon's true parentage holds no importance in the story.

Certainly. I'm aware that it doesn't look good for my home slice Balon, and yet, I refuse to believe it.

Well I might be able to help you out - you see, I think Balon was acting in the dinner scene as much or more than anyone else. He was recommended for the KG by Littlefinger, is a likely Littlefinger plant, and if Littlefinger is working with Dorne as I suspect then Balon HIMSELF told Doran about the plot, or at least passed on a note.

Archived