Denial is a hell of a drug

Well I might be able to help you out - you see, I think Balon was acting in the dinner scene as much or more than anyone else. He was recommended for the KG by Littlefinger, is a likely Littlefinger plant, and if Littlefinger is working with Dorne as I suspect then Balon HIMSELF told Doran about the plot, or at least passed on a note.

LF recommended Balon? I dont remember that. Are you thinking of Mandon Moore?

LF recommended Balon? I dont remember that. Are you thinking of Mandon Moore?

Nope. Moore was likely a Littlefinger plant also though. Swann was recommended after the KL riots.

He is named by Littlefinger as a possible ally for Ned in a power struggle against Cersei, but Ned chooses to recruit the Gold Cloaks instead.

Ser Balon is called as the first witness against Tyrion Lannister in the death of King Joffrey I. Although Ser Balon does not believe Tyrion had killed King Joffrey, he tells the court how Tyrion hit the king after the crowd attacked them on the day Myrcella Baratheon left for Dorne.

Looks fishy.

Nope. Moore was likely a Littlefinger plant also though. Swann was recommended after the KL riots.

Looks fishy.

I think you may be looking too much into it. But nvm, this is the denial is hell of a drug place so I wont argue :D :P

I think you may be looking too much into it. But nvm, this is the denial is hell of a drug place so I wont argue :D :P

Maybe, but remember when Varys mentioned the dinner to Tyrion where Balon made the joke about the 5 kings? I think he was dropping a hint on which characters are plotting with whom. I have my nagging suspicions about almost every guest that was mentioned being linked to Littlefinger and/or some other player. Very possibly Dorne.

Off topic; Sharya Stark, I have a picture very similar to your avatar on my Wall! Was it done with spray paints?

On topic; I refuse to think Dany is going to the Mad Queen, and will continue to deny until I am proven right/wrong. I will always view her last chapter as hallucinations and delusions resulting from her starved, dehydrated and sickened state.

Off topic; Sharya Stark, I have a picture very similar to your avatar on my Wall! Was it done with spray paints?

On topic; I refuse to think Dany is going to the Mad Queen, and will continue to deny until I am proven right/wrong. I will always view her last chapter as hallucinations and delusions resulting from her starved, dehydrated and sickened state.

IDK, I found it on the web thru a google search for "wolf and moon pics." I chose it to represent the Dothraki legend of 2 moons before 1 collided with the sun & released Dragons. I like the wolf existing first and singing his song to them on his mountain top (a Moonsinger?). The 3 stars in between them are the spirits of Dany's dragons waiting to be born.

Good taste btw. I like the pic. I just wish the sides showing the forests didn't get cropped.

I'm in denial that anything bad happened to little Weasel when she ran away from Arya and them

Same. I hold out hope that she's one of the children and the inn full of orphans where Gendry works now.

We already did. Her name was Miri Maz Durr, and she was a very sympathetic character.

Part of me insists that she was never actually trying to harm Drogo - he was just a dumbass and ignored her medical advice.

I deny the foreshadowing that, come spring, Arya will be found frozen with Needle still clutched in her hand. :(

The whole realm denies it, from Dorne to the Wall. Old men deny it with their death rattle and unborn children deny it in their mothers' wombs. :commie:

I deny that so hard that I've temporarily forgotten the actual meaning of the words.

They have no meaning, I refuse to give them meaning. It's a red herring. SHE WILL BE FINE. :excl:

Not yet. Roose will become Ramsay at some point, and "Roose" will die.

It's quite honestly my favorite theory at the moment.

Do you mean that the Undead-Bloton has a son, waits untill he grows up, kills him, puts on his face and repeats the process?

There's no mass media in Westeros, the only record of what people looked like would be written archives (like that book that got Ned in trouble) or commissioned portraits, which are famously inaccurate and agenda-serving in our own real world's medieval history (and can always be doctored later). Beyond that, the only way to know what someone really looks like is to see them with your own two eyes, and in a world where land travel is still as slow (and dangerous) as horseback through stretches of wilderness with a few roads, it'd be comparatively easy for Bolton to "lay low" now and then and give people a chance to forget what he looks like (or die off). Have him deliberately change his own personal fashion trappings too, and perhaps no one would be the wiser.

I mean wouldn`t some of the older bannermen, like The Greatjon or Karstark notice that Roose hasn`t aged in 20+ years?

I also deny that Robb's body (including head) is lost forever and will never be returned to the Winterfell crypts.

I would say Ned too but his remains seem to be in safer hands.

Gods knows what the Freys did with Robb's body after they had their 'fun' with it and they sure as hell didn't respect Catlyn's burial traditions. :angry2:

Do you mean that the Undead-Bloton has a son, waits untill he grows up, kills him, puts on his face and repeats the process?

That's essentially the idea, yeah.

I mean wouldn`t some of the older bannermen, like The Greatjon or Karstark notice that Roose hasn`t aged in 20+ years?

That's the funny thing though. People do notice. POV characters repeatedly describe Bolton looking young for his age. It's a conspicuous feature, and it's the root of our own wild speculation in the fandom. The characters just don't make that speculative leap.

And Bolton always attributes it to his well-known Health Nut approach (leechings, hippocras, the guy even eats prunes regularly) to life.

• 2 months later...

Archived