Denial is a hell of a drug

I'm in complete denial that Ned/Catelyn/Robb and Lady/Grey Wind are dead, they're safe and alive like all the other Starks but at Winterfell and everything is okay.

I'm in denial that anything bad happened to little Weasel when she ran away from Arya and them, she's in a nice home with that Acorn Lady who said Arya was pretty.

I'm in complete denial that Ned/Catelyn/Robb and Lady/Grey Wind are dead, they're safe and alive like all the other Starks but at Winterfell and everything is okay.

I'm in denial that anything bad happened to little Weasel when she ran away from Arya and them, she's in a nice home with that Acorn Lady who said Arya was pretty.

And Beth Cassel :D

I'm in denial that:
Lyanna went with Rheagar out of love (for me he imprisoned her and raped her in that tower.)
Daenerys is AA reborn (anonymous alcoholic, lol)
There actually is a AA reborn (it's just lame omg)
Deanerys will make it to Westeros and take it with fire and blood *threw up a bit in my mouth*
Bran will become a useless tree
Jon Snow is dead
Tyrion is a Targ
Sansa will stay Alysanne

Neither Jaime nor Brienne will die at the hands of LS (and they're going to kick ass and live happily ever after)

Bran isn't going to die, he'll be THE hero of the story

Sansa will be the end of LF

Tommen and Myrcella will remain the sweetest kids ever and stay alive.

I refuse to believe that Tyrion is a Targ Bastard. He still prob is not but many seem to believe it. It is his siblings that are.

Me too. His storyline of always seeking Tywin's approval and failing to get it (and Tywin refusing to acknowledge that Tyrion is the child who is the most like him) would be utterly pointless and wasted if he were Aerys's son. It would be more interesting if it turned out the man Jaime killed was not only his king but also his father.

That Daenerys is going to become an antagonist. I'm hoping it's Jon ftw who becomes the Dark Lord of our story. All Hail the Great Other Jon Targaryen.

Noooooo please don't let the antag be Dany :( I won't accept it til I can't not accept it any longer.

I think you're safe. I think all the such and such will turn evil (Stannis as Nights King, Jon as Nights King) are first class horse shit and evolve from a poor reading of the characters.

The closest we'll get is these characters antagonising each other, I think, but the idea of two human characters who are fighting for the realm throwing their lot in with the Others is laughable. Daenerys might appear antagonistic if she ever lands at Westeros (sorry but "fire and blood" and "dragons plant no trees" are not a heroic way to proceed) because her actions will affect characters we actually care about and not a bunch of 2D cartoon villians, but it'll be about sticking with your character when you start to question them and their motives, instead of "yeah she's evil now". You Dany fans have had it easy so far, you need a Renly or Edric Storm situation to test your mettle.

We already did. Her name was Miri Maz Durr, and she was a very sympathetic character.

I agree, but only when you take a nuetral standpoint, whereas we get Dany POV. I said that Dany's villians were 2D cartoon villians, I dont think thats the case, I believe thats how they're written because thats how she sees them, and there is no one to tell her or us otherwise.

Same with MMD, what we see is Dany save her, then we see MMD paralyse her husband and kill her baby, not only that but she uses daaark magic, which is a MAJOR reason people dont like Stannis, to do so. Add in Danys later thoughts "she is stronger and more dangerous than Ser Jorah", plus dragons get born straight afterwards, and you can see why only Dany detractors really get hung up on MMD's fate.

Compare that to Stannis luring Renly to Storms End to either make him surrender or kill him, plus his bare faced threat to Robb, then his shadow baby, all seen through the "unbiased" POV of Cat Stully, and it takes us having to step back and say "this cold, entitled hardass might actually be in the right, or at least have a valid point. Its all the others that have actually caused this war, he just wants to clean up what is now his Kingdom."

It takes a similar kind of logic to sympathise with MMD I think.

Where the hell did this Balon Swann killing Trystane thing come from? I don't remember that implied anywhere in the books.

It is Cersei's plan to frame Tyrion, and end Myrcella's betrothal to Trystane. Doran has informers at court (I hope it's Jalabhar Xho), and Doran tells this to the Sand Snakes when he reveals the new plan to them.

Archived