True Detective Thread VII... or is it Thread I? Time is a circle

Howdyphillip

Francis Buck:

Thank you for clarifying those issues for me. Other than Lawnmower Man and the Sheriff of (Iberia?), there aren't many left to arrest for participating in or covering up the cult. The only other possible men involved could be Maggie's father and the Governor of Louisiana, who is a Tuttle. Ugh.

As far as I recall, the only "time jumping" in this episode were flashbacks which illustrated what the characters were talking about as they were talking about it with each other.

There was also Marty telling Maggie that it took some convincing for Rust to get him to help him, and then it goes back to him watching the video in Rust's storage space.

Francis Buck:

Thank you for clarifying those issues for me. Other than Lawnmower Man and the Sheriff of (Iberia?), there aren't many left to arrest for participating in or covering up the cult. The only other possible men involved could be Maggie's father and the Governor of Louisiana, who is a Tuttle. Ugh.

There aren't going to be arrests, just executions at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSgmEjmGDE

And thus, the meme is born.

Ah. That's gonna be a lot of fun for a while as people get a hold of it...

So I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but I love how, in episode 3, Marty was rushing Rust away from his current conversation because he just got a "hot lead" concerning Ledeux. Only he was rushing Rust away from their hottest target (Rust was talking to the lawnmower man). Who knows what he could have ascertained had Marty let him finish the line of questioning? What with Rust being so keen at picking up a person's guilt or lies.

Geez. I did miss that! Anyone else?

There was also Marty telling Maggie that it took some convincing for Rust to get him to help him, and then it goes back to him watching the video in Rust's storage space.

Eh. It was more a concurrent sort of set up. I didn't take it as jumping at all.

Geez. I did miss that! Anyone else?

Nah. It was discussed at length when the picture surfaced of Errol next to the spaghetti man sketch. I'm sure this will be picked up again in the last episode when they finally confront or figure him out.

Nah. It was discussed at length when the picture surfaced of Errol next to the spaghetti man sketch. I'm sure this will be picked up again in the last episode when they finally confront or figure him out.

You're no fun. :p

There aren't going to be arrests, just executions at this point.

Exactly. The tale has pretty much played itself out. Only the murder of Lawnmower man is left. That and the questioning detectives realizing that Marty and Rust's version of things was true.

Francis Buck:

I think Tuttle is a state senator now

Why does the voiceover for episode 8 preview have a British/German accent????

Errol don't have no accent like that.

"It's been weeks since I left my mark, would that they had eyes to see"

Yeah I've been wondering that too, it sounded British/German. I'm not familiar with various American accents, but maybe that could be some strange Bayou accent?

Yeah I've been wondering that too, it sounded British/German. I'm not familiar with various American accents, but maybe that could be some strange Bayou accent?

I was thinking it must be some kind of Cajun-influenced accent. It definitely isn't the lawnmower man, we heard him speak and it was nothing like that. To be clear, my experience with what a Cajun accent sounds like exists solely through the TV show True Blood and the movie Water Boy, neither of which I expect are particularly reliable examples.

I was thinking it must be some kind of Cajun-influenced accent. It definitely isn't the lawnmower man, we heard him speak and it was nothing like that. To be clear, my experience with what a Cajun accent sounds like exists solely through the TV show True Blood and the movie Water Boy, neither of which I expect are particularly reliable examples.

lolll but yeah I was thinking Cajun as well.

Archived